Recovered: Cymatics

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

bboyer

Re: Complex

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:54 am

Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:10 pm Post subject: Complex

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mgmirkin: My understanding is that sound and E/M (light) waves are wholly different. IE, sound is a mechanical interaction between various atoms/molecules, whereas light, or the electromagnetic spectrum is just that: electromagnetic (whatever physical process that actually is), rather than collisional. ... "collision length" ... if what we call "particles" are simply waves with "larger" properties

@rc-us: wave/particle duality

mgmirkin: what of the inherent "spin"/"vortices" detected in Bose-Einstein Condensate?

.I've been studying aether theories for a while now, including Thornhill's and I'm understanding things somewhat.
.The aether is a neutrino sea according to Thornhill. Steven Rado at http://aethro-kinematics.com/ has a CD that I got and on it he explained that you can find the distance between aether particles the same way you find it between atoms, using the frequency formula, which is wave velocity divided by wavelength. Since wavelength should approximately equal distance between aether particles, we have to turn the formula around and make it wavelength = wave velocity divided by frequency. He first calculated the distance between iron atoms in a steel beam using sound wave frequency, then he calculated the distance between aether particles using light wave frequency. I have the calculation in one of my files. The result was that aether particles are 6 million times closer together than are iron atoms in a steel beam.
.So it seems that your speculations are right, that sound is a compression wave in atoms or molecules, whether gas, liquid, or solid, and light is a compression wave in aether particles. Rado said the distance between particles in an ideal gas, which he thinks is what aether is, is called the collision-free path, which is how far aether particles go on average before they hit another aether particle. He calls the particles aethrons. And he says they travel at the speed of light, but only for tiny distances. But he says that's why the speed of light is what it is.
.Thornhill says these aethrons are neutrinos, which are collapsed subatomic particles. If a neutrino happens to absorb a gamma ray, it expands into a matter & antimatter pair, either an electron and positron, or a proton and antiproton. When a matter and antimatter pair meet, they collapse into a neutrino. There are several kiinds of neutrinos, so I guess electron-neutrinos can expand into an electron-positron pair and another kind of neutrino expands into a proton-antiproton pair.
.My own theory is that a positron and an antiproton can also combine without collapsing to form a neutron.
.From Ralph Sansbury, Thornhill got the idea that electrons and protons consist of 3 subtrons each. Each subtron has the same charge as an electron or proton, but in an electron 2 charges are negative, while in a proton 2 are positive. 2 positive and 1 negative in the proton adds up to 1 positive charge. 2 negative and 1 positive in the electron add up to 1 negative charge. I think the 2 same charges orbit the opposite charge. They think they have this structure because experiments apparently show that electrons and protons can behave like dipoles, with 2 poles of opposite charge. They seem to think this happens when the subtron orbits become highly elliptical. 2 dipolar particles attract and repel each other like a bar magnet, depending on which poles encounter each other.
.I think a proton is 1x10^-15 meters in diameter. A neutron, which consists of a proton and an electron, is 2.2 proton diameters in diameter. An electron is about 5.6 proton diameters in diameter. Although the proton is 1836 times more massive than the electron, the electron is larger in volume. A hydrogen atom, which is like a neutron in the sense that it consists of a proton and an electron, has the electron orbiting 53,000 proton diameters away from the proton. Somehow that electron can be brought to the proton [maybe at high velocity] and can form a neutron with a diameter of 2.2, whereas the proton diameter is 1 and the electron is 5.6. Somehow the proton and electron squeeze down to only 2.2 diameter.
.The distance between aethrons is about .06 proton diameters, so 16.66 aethrons can fit across a proton's diameter. How big each aethron is is not yet guessed as far as I know, but Rado said the distance between them should be large compared to their diameters. So I guess they'd be at least a tenth or a hundredth of their distance apart, which is .006 to .0006 proton diameters.
.If neutrinos consist of collapsed matter-antimatter pairs, each pair would have 6 subtrons: 3 positive, 3 negative. The diameter of a subtron would have to be at least half a proton diameter and probably a lot less than that. In order to collapse to .006 diameters or less, they'd have to be somewhat smaller than that.
.On Rado's site you can see an illustration of how aether particles may form into torus shapes, which can behave like elementary particles. It starts with 2 streams of aether going at different velocity, so a vortex forms. Since there's no friction between aethrons, the vortex becomes a stable particle.
.Light is a compression wave going through aethrons, but Thornhill says there's a resonance force related to gravity, I think, which travels much faster than the speed of light. I think Tom van Flandern said there's a wave that goes about 20 million times the speed of light. I don't know if Thornhill agrees on that speed, but he and Sansbury say that subtrons orbit within electrons and protons at superliminal velocity.
.Since Rado says aethrons travel at the speed of light for tiny distances, which gives light its speed, maybe the subtrons similarly produce a wave motion of superliminal velocity through a subron sea which produces the speed of gravitation and resonance. Maybe our consciousness can communicate across the universe via such waves.

OP "lk"
There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought. Let one's mind and one's subtle body rest upon that and not rest on anything else. [---][/---] Maitri Upanishad

bboyer

Re: Cymatics

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:58 pm

Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:33 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lk, guess I'm going to have to get me a copy of that cd to explore further.

Speaking of vortex and vortices (I looked it up :P ), the following may be of interest to some. I make no pretense to fully grasping it myself, but it may be helpful in forming further conceptual development along this line of reasoning. (Warning: content may be offensive to those of a materialistic bent)

SVP Universal Cosmology (SVP = Sympathetic Vibratory Physics)

http://www.svpvril.com/Cosmology/cosunityTOC.html

Part 03 - Polarity Manifests as Rotating Vortex - may be of particular interest?

Part 09 - What is Vibration - presents what it identifies as a key difference between the ideas of vibration and oscillation, that they are not synonymous in technical effect.

This is just from skimming through the material.

Regards,
Arc-us
There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought. Let one's mind and one's subtle body rest upon that and not rest on anything else. [---][/---] Maitri Upanishad

bboyer

Re: Anpheon.org and "Sorce Theory"

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:00 pm

Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:36 am Post subject: Anpheon.org and "Sorce Theory"

Strangely, I read this site a little before I got to thunderbolts.info...

I make no claims of right or wrong (or even correct maths or anything else it might say). Rather I disclaim responsibility. Nontheless, interesting...

(Anpheon / Sorce Theory; basically a hydrodynamic-esque explanation of how things work, based on waves in a fluid/compressible medium...)
http://spinbitz.net/anpheon.org/

No clue if they hit anywhere near the mark or not. It's a fun read at times. But occasionally leaves one a bit dizzy. Don't know if that's good or bad. Maybe 'other.'

Cheers,
~Michael

OP "mgmirkin"

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:02 pm

Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:19 am Post subject:

The valid question is - have neutrinos been detected in sufficient numbers in space?

I find the whole aether concept to be missing the mark. If we can detect photons, but photons are really moving aethrons, then we should be able to detect aethrons in general (and nobody has). If aethrons are really just neutrinos, then they by definition invalidate the current neutrino model. Particle Physics is in a *really* bad state right now (has been for the last couple decades and getting worse), and is not the best foundation for any reasonable theory. It is pointless to theorize subparticles inside electrons and protons when not a single sub-anything has been detected yet. Remember - quark theory came about as a need to explain the different particles detected from collisions in accelerators - yet with every collision, no subparticle was found, and as more strange results were observed in accelerators, more quark flavors were invented to attempt to explain them. It's the same "scientific" path that Big Bang proponents are on, only with marginally less denial of reality and the facts they observe.

I read up on the SVP stuff - it's absolutely bunk. There's nothing revolutionary about considering sympathetic vibrations, but the theory itself is mysticism and hippie love wrapped up in a science plated jacket.

lk : I would love to see your sources for the determined sizes of electrons and neutrons, as the numbers you reference are completely new to me.

OP "Pfhoenix"

bboyer

Re: Detection

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:14 pm Post subject: Detection

.I don't think neutrinos are easy to detect because they have very tiny mass and hardly interact with atoms or atomic particles at all. It seems they're easier to detect when they move at high velocity, or when other particles break up as in atom smashers.
.The behavior of atomic particles is what give clues about the likely constituents of atomic particles. I think Thornhill says electrons often act as dipoles, which suggests that they are then distorted into an elongated shape, as can happen if subparticles achieve a highly elliptical orbit.
.Just as sound waves can't travel through objects that contain no atoms, light waves would seem to be unable to travel through a space that has no subparticles. And Rado calculated the likely distance between such subparticles based on the known velocity of light and the highest known frequency, just as he was able to do for determining distance between iron atoms in a steel beam using the known velocity of sound in steel and the maximum frequency.
.I found the diameters of protons etc by doing a netsearch on diameter of a proton etc. I can look up sites again, if necessary.
.By the way, since neutrinos have very little effect on matter and can travel through it without much trouble, I speculate that spirits may consist of neutrinos. Thornhill says ball lightning probably consists of neutrinos, so I don't know if there'd be similarities.

OP "lk"

bboyer

Re: New Find

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:04 pm

Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:31 pm Post subject: New Find

.I just came across this interesting site,
http://www.glafreniere.com/sa_protons.htm, which deals with atomic particle structure and aether etc, including wave phenomena. I found it when looking for sites with the words "diameter of a proton". I think it says a proton consists of 6 electrons and a positron, while a neutron lacks the positron. It differs from Thornhill's views, but it may have useful info. And it may be better than Thornhill's ideas, although Thornhill seems to be pretty well-versed in what goes on in neoclassical physics.

OP "lk"

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:08 pm

Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:35 pm Post subject:

I found this interesting, from http://www.svpvril.com/Cosmology/cosunity1.html#1) . Using an equvialency rating on a spectrum of octaves to correlate and integrate EM. Unfortunately, I have no music background and don't understand the conceptual terminology of it (music) well. But at an intuitive level, it "feels" right, or at least it's a step in the right direction. Any musician-scientists among us will have a much better grasp of the concept I'm sure. Perhaps this is what is at the heart of the "music of the spheres" in a broad, universal context.

The chart makes no sense to me the way it's filled out with, for example 5-13 octaves correlating to sound at 32cps in terms of the human senses acting as narrow band-pass filters in light of our hearing being in the range of 15 to 20,000cps/Hz. What does the "Octave (2^N)" signify? So I have no idea what the 32cps in relation to 5-13 octave range means. Does it mean that sound at 5-13 (or 2^5 - 2^13?) octaves above 32Hz are passed at "real" amplitude, more or less unattenuated, and that frequencies above that are passed but cut in amplitude ? (See, for example, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-pass_f ... ilter.html).
scale.gif
scale.gif (6.14 KiB) Viewed 16919 times
EDIT: caption: "Vibratory Universe - Figure 1.3 shows how the universe may be viewed as vibration or frequency. The lower realms of matter, molecules and atoms, are at the top of the chart with higher and higher frequency ranges towards the bottom. Man perceives vibrations and oscillations through his senses. These senses act like narrow band-pass filters. Each filter is sensitive to a narrow range of frequencies. Touch is the lowest from 1-32 vibrations per second while hearing is from the 5th through the 13th octave, generally speaking. Visible light occupies only a single octave of vibration from the many octaves. Seeing can not encompass all there is. Hearing on the other hand encompasses a much wider range of vibration and their attendent phenomena or manifestations. The unseen, unperceived or occulted universe is a far greater place than simple human senses can be aware of. Some are sensitive to a broader range of frequencies and we call this ability the "sixth sense" or psychic ability in its varied forms. "

Just how far off the mark, poorly explained, or completely bonkers it may be is not the issue for the point at hand. I put it out here as the only example I've come up with so far showing an effort to present a view of the universe that integrates our senses - the physical aspect of ourselves - in the over all picture. Within the standard EM spectrum as usually shown it looks like our sense of vision is the only EM thing about us that connects us directly by sense to the broader picture and I think that is far from correct.

So while the standard spectrum appears to be ever-broadening at the high end, I'd like to see it balanced by bringing it *down* stream and see just what we come up with as key transitional concepts that keeps the whole thing integral, just as our brain seems to do with the commonly recognized EM range of the 5 senses in the context of the physical body.

EDIT: Actually, it looks like there's a typo in the chart. Probably meant it to read:

Touch: Octaves 1-4, 2-32Hz
Sound: Octaves 5-13, ?-16,384Hz
Ultrasound (begining): Octave 14, 16384Hz-?

and so on, but I don't get how they're doing their math or where the 2^N is supposed to work. The specifics of the chart are not that important, I believe the concept is. My point is that the chart is *something* along the lines of what I had in mind when I began the thread.

Regards,
Arc-us

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:09 pm

Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:28 am Post subject:

Stumbled across this interesting article by William Beaty from 1997 where he's connecting some dots and engaging in a little down-to-earth speculation regarding integration of the sound and EM spectra using conventional terminology. Haven't searched yet to see if maybe he's come along any with this line of thought in the ten years since.

ACOUSTIMAGNETOELECTRICISM
http://amasci.com/miscon/a-rant.txt

Regards,
Arc-us

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:10 pm

Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:39 am Post subject:

Octave is when one sound is twice the frequency of the other. It sounds like the same sound only higher/lower. It is visible on a piano keyboard as a repetition of the seven-white-key pattern.

I've been interested in whether there are double-frequency relations in visible light. It turns out that there are not: the spectrum is not only too narrow (400-700nm), but also the spectrum doesn't contain all colors--some colors are combination of different wavelengths.

I've begun reading the Mr. Beaty's article. It seems he shows that any transfer of momentum between systems of material particles can be thought of as sound. There is something to it, but it depends on what you are going to call sound, I guess? Anyway, it reminds me of two bits of science news I've seen at Slashdot: that the Sun makes sound through some gas tubes (or something like that), and that signal transmission in the neurological system is sound (admittedly a strange idea).

OP "Enan Gamre"

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:13 pm

Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:42 am Post subject:

Opinions? I'm not an IEEE member so can't access the full article.

Regards,
Arc-us

Sound emission from an arc cathode
Laux, M. Pursch, H.
Max-Planck-Inst. fur Plasmaphys., Garching bei Munchen;

This paper appears in: Discharges and Electrical Insulation in Vacuum, 2000. Proceedings. ISDEIV. XIXth International Symposium on
Publication Date: 2000
Volume: 2, On page(s): 767-770 vol.2
Meeting Date: 09/18/2000 - 09/22/2000
ISBN: 0-7803-5791-4
References Cited: 5
INSPEC Accession Number: 6858452
Digital Object Identifier: 10.1109/DEIV.2000.879100
Posted online: 2002-08-06 23:39:52.0

Abstract
Sound waves have been detected from an electrode acting as the cathode in a vacuum discharge. (emphasis mine - @rc-us) Results from arcing on carbon fibre reinforced carbon (CFC) and stainless steel (SST) an (sic) reported. Distinct frequencies could be reproducibly detected in the power spectrum belonging to different groups. Most of the modes show a strong damping demonstrating that the nonlinear disturbance associated with the breakdown excites a wide spectrum (emphasis mine - @rc-us). Very few frequencies are present during the arc but no obvious dependence of their power on the arc current was found. To identify eigen-oscillations of the plate some experiments have been repeated using an electrode with reduced thickness. For comparison with a different material additional experiments on stainless steel have been carried out

http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/freeabs_ ... mber=19021

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:17 pm

Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:09 am Post subject:

After reading the following link I can't help but associate to the resonance videos. Is magnetism a resonant standing wave? The iron filings seem to follow the wave pattern in his experiment.

http://hristodichev.hit.bg/new_en.htmlh ... ew_en.html

Single http...

http://hristodichev.hit.bg/new_en.html

OP "lite-brite"

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:21 pm

Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:52 am Post subject:

Pfhoenix wrote:The valid question is - have neutrinos been detected in sufficient numbers in space?

I find the whole aether concept to be missing the mark. If we can detect photons, but photons are really moving aethrons, then we should be able to detect aethrons in general (and nobody has). If aethrons are really just neutrinos, then they by definition invalidate the current neutrino model. Particle Physics is in a *really* bad state right now (has been for the last couple decades and getting worse), and is not the best foundation for any reasonable theory. It is pointless to theorize subparticles inside electrons and protons when not a single sub-anything has been detected yet. Remember - quark theory came about as a need to explain the different particles detected from collisions in accelerators - yet with every collision, no subparticle was found, and as more strange results were observed in accelerators, more quark flavors were invented to attempt to explain them. It's the same "scientific" path that Big Bang proponents are on, only with marginally less denial of reality and the facts they observe.

I read up on the SVP stuff - it's absolutely bunk. There's nothing revolutionary about considering sympathetic vibrations, but the theory itself is mysticism and hippie love wrapped up in a science plated jacket.

lk : I would love to see your sources for the determined sizes of electrons and neutrons, as the numbers you reference are completely new to me.

Fair enough. :)

OP "mgmirkin"

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:22 pm

Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:28 pm Post subject:

Pfhoenix :

Since we are in the "mad ideas" section of a non-mainstream forum I guess one could skip the judgemental language like hippie and bunk.

Spell it out. What is the controversy?

OP "lite-brite"

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:23 pm

Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:19 pm Post subject:

lite-brite wrote: Single http...

Nice find!

Very Best,
Arc-us

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:34 pm

Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 2:05 am Post subject:

lite-brite wrote:After reading the following link I can't help but associate to the resonance videos. Is magnetism a resonant standing wave? The iron filings seem to follow the wave pattern in his experiment.

Hmmm. The similarity between the magnetic pole effects on solid surfaces vs water/glycerin surfaces and positive/negative Lichtenberg figures appears rather striking to me. (Thanks also to Michael, mgmirken, for the link to Lichtenberg info in the "'Martian Spiders?' on Earth?" thread).

Magnetic Poles
vds.jpg
vds.jpg (20.25 KiB) Viewed 16910 times
Magnetic pole on solid plane (assuming solid - @rc-us)
vds122.jpg
vds122.jpg (13.85 KiB) Viewed 16908 times
Magnetic pole on water/glycerin

Lichtenberg figures http://205.243.100.155/frames/lichtenbergs.html

PositiveFigure.jpg
Positive Lichtenberg
NegativeFigure.jpg
Negative Lichtenberg

How do we correlate these two obviously related electrical and magnetic phenomena as observed?

Just as an afterthought, the Lictenberg figures have long been associated with plant forms. Just as many of us I'm sure have noticed the similarity between lightning and the above-ground branch structure and below-ground root structure of trees and other plants, blood vessels, neuron and synaptic configurations, etc. Obviously, both branching and concentric patterns can be seen across all scales of the micro and macrocosm.

When I viewed both the Lichtenberg photos and the Magnetic Circular Effects photos I couldn't help but see the analagous connection with trees and plants. Striking how the positive Lichtenbergs are reminiscent of the outwardly branching structures of limbs and roots while the negative Lichtenbergs evoke inner tree ring structure (as does the Magnetic Pole on water/glycerin - not to mention water rings, Newton's rings, and diffraction rings).

Cymatics, and I imagine all the other senses produce similar wavelike effects. Vision; refraction, scattering, Taste; sweet, sour, Touch; smooth, rough, Hearing; harmony, dischord, Smell; sweet/alkaline, acrid/acid. My characterizations may not be consistent or accurate but hopefully my point is fairly obvious.

To me, another undeniable connection of EM to life and living things.