collision stuff

Hundreds of TPODs have been published since the summer of 2004. In particular, we invite discussion of present and recent TPODs, perhaps with additional links to earlier TPOD pages. Suggestions for future pages will be welcome. Effective TPOD drafts will be MORE than welcome and could be your opportunity to become a more active part of the Thunderbolts team.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

BABOafrica

collision stuff

Unread post by BABOafrica » Fri May 20, 2011 12:10 am

I read thru Mel's TPOD on colliding galaxies and wanted to propose the following idea. This is based on a discussion about elliptical galaxies and the faraday-motor model for galaxies in general.

My hunch is that ellipticals form when two spirals come together.

Just a hunch, mind you....

I think this hypothesis can be tested using the following logic and applying that test to the approach of Andromeda to our own Milky Way galaxy.

1) If EU is correct, then the two spirals are being attracted towards each other not merely by gravitational force but by electrical force. The same Birkeland currents that formed the two spirals must have massive magnetic fields that would naturally lead to a mutual attraction of the two galaxies far greater than any attractive force due to gravity.

2) We can test this by looking at the rate in which the velocity increases as the two galaxies accelerate towards each other. I have no idea how easy it would be to measure this. But if it can be measured, it would provide the raw data needed.

3) If the acceleration is measured to be greater than anything we would expect from an attractive force limited solely to gravity, that would be a good indication that electric forces are at work.

Joe
In lumine tuo videbimus lumen.

The Great Dog

Re: collision stuff

Unread post by The Great Dog » Fri May 20, 2011 9:37 am

Maybe elliptical galaxies and spiral galaxies aren't two separate events, but indicate a formation change over time.

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap060304.html

TGD
There are no other dogs but The Great Dog

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Fri May 20, 2011 11:38 am

We can test this by looking at the rate in which the velocity increases as the two galaxies accelerate towards each other. I have no idea how easy it would be to measure this. But if it can be measured,-
Parallax at that distance has a 30% or more error...

Red shift might be a way to measure, but it has been falsified.

But that won't stop consensus astronomers. They'll come up with some voodoo math corrections and numbers for speed and velocity.

Wouldn't merging galaxies be the same as merging Birkeland currents? If galaxies are within a Birkeland current, seems like they would not merge, but dance around each other. Just a WAG:
wild ass guess. :D

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap060304.html
Each day a different image or photograph of our fascinating universe is featured, along with a brief explanation written by a professional astronomer.
Black :roll: Holes,Dust, young blue stars :roll: , and links to other conjectures and more fallacious argument.
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

BABOafrica

Unread post by BABOafrica » Mon May 23, 2011 8:23 am

Just wanted to thank you all for your replies.
In lumine tuo videbimus lumen.