Wanna bet?

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.
BeAChooser

Wanna bet?

Unread post by BeAChooser » Sat May 25, 2024 1:59 am

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/ ... atter-nasa
Mystery of universe which has baffled scientists for 100 years on brink of being solved

Europe's Euclid telescope has beamed back the largest images of the universe ever captured from space, in its mission to decode the mysteries of the cosmos, and could solve the mystery of dark matter, which has baffled scientists since it was theorised in 1933.
Seriously, wanna bet?

If the mystery of dark matter "is on the brink of being solved", let's put a time limit on that bet, so I get paid in my lifetime. ;)

All the dictionaries define "on the brink" as something very close or imminent, so would a year be fair?

BeAChooser

Re: Wanna bet?

Unread post by BeAChooser » Sat May 25, 2024 2:07 am

Here's a further bet proposal. If DM is discovered in the next 10 years, will the discovery lead to anything of value to all those people who paid for that discovery? In other words, will DM itself be useful in the lifetime of those who paid for the discovery?

Roy

Unread post by Roy » Sat May 25, 2024 2:35 pm

And can it dance on the head of a pin? Does it fall into black holes? It already dances inside pinheads.

Roy

Unread post by Roy » Sat May 25, 2024 2:54 pm

Roy wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 2:35 pm And can it dance on the head of a pin? Does it fall into black holes? It already dances inside pinheads.
I just went back and read our posts on the Euclid Telescope. I should apologize to BeAChooser and all, for snark. It is an age-related defect. A thousand Gomens. [Japanese, Gomenasai, I beg your pardon].