Mad idea: Earth and moon started off as bi-lobate.

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

folaht

Mad idea: Earth and moon started off as bi-lobate.

Unread post by folaht » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:13 pm

..or double lobed.

Known

Very small
  • Martian blueberries.
Large
  • 67P
  • Ultima thule
My suggestions

Large
  • Oumuamua (Cigar shape was based on it's brightness and bi-lobate is probably not considered as common in gravitational science.)
Planetary sized
  • Earth and Moon. - They're said to be similar in composition right? https://www.latimes.com/science/science ... story.html
  • Pluto and Charon. - They look like a mini-earth and mini-moon, so perhaps they are.
  • Many other exoplanets. - Thus I also predict we'll be able to at least find exoplanets that are still attached to their moons.
Since 1 % 1, 1 * 1 and 1 - 1 do not add up, we must conclude that 1 + 1 is 3.

Maol

Re: Mad idea: Earth and moon started off as bi-lobate.

Unread post by Maol » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:12 pm

With N & S magnetic poles an external electromagnetic force could accelerate rotation, like an armature in an electric motor, until eventually the centrifugal force would stretch them apart.

folaht

Unread post by folaht » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:47 am

Another story that supports my theory.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/scie ... 4-zircons/

I thus assume that a piece of earth rock was still attached to the moon when the two split apart.
Since 1 % 1, 1 * 1 and 1 - 1 do not add up, we must conclude that 1 + 1 is 3.

Webbman

Unread post by Webbman » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:42 am

given that all the planets have a center ring/disc as a result of magnetic n and s poles would it not be reasonable to expect that a constriction is also possible here and would lead to a lobed structure.

in my view this lobed type structure is the same structure a neutron would have being constricted in the middle by an electron ring.
its all lies.

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:03 am

If the Moon and Earth were originally one object, and the Moon separated from the Earth, then I would expect that the lunar orbit would be in the plane of the Earth's equator, but it is not.
The Moon appears from Earth to move through the ecliptic, which is the plane of the Sun. Most moons in the Solar System orbit in the primary's equatorial plane. Those that don't are considered to be captured objects.
So, while not conclusive, that seems to me to support the theory that the Moon was a preexisting solar system object which was captured by the Earth.