Carolina Bays, plasma strikes on the NA ice sheet?

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Open Mind

Carolina Bays, plasma strikes on the NA ice sheet?

Unread post by Open Mind » Sun May 12, 2019 6:25 pm

The Carolina Bays are an interesting and curious formation of thousands of oval shaped craters, all with very similar aspect ratio's as well as similar alignment in their long axis. They are no longer actual depressions as you might expect with a crater as they have filled in with stratified layers of earth, silt, clay, etc. But they are mostly all still visible in their outlines from above. One of the most intriguing things about them is that their allignments all seem to converge to a few close points around the great lakes. There are also similar formations in Nebraska that also have a converging allignemt of long axis of their similar oval shapes that point to the same general area as well as being relatively the same distance from this point of convergence as the Carolina Bays. Its very interesting.

So it has been discussed that they could be impact craters from huge chunks of ice from the ice sheet on North America that may have been thrown up from impact sites. Various aspects of these bays seem to substantiate this scenario but I've been curious about it.

When I look at the aspect ratio of the oval shapes, I suspect they would reveal a good clue as to the parabolic trajectory those ice chunks took and while not being able to be accurate, I can presume that trajectory implies a fairly high parabola implying a relatively steep initial launch trajectory. I might even suggest it appears to be at least 45 degrees or more on the impact end of the trajectory based on the oval aspect ratios, which implies a similar launch trajectory.

Then I look at a simple diagram of varying different kinds of impact craters like this one:

If I imagine the ice being thrown up matching the presumed trajectories necessary to make those bays, it appears to imply an aspect ratio of a source impact crater in the ice sheet that would have to be very small if it would only be as deep as the low density ice sheet of conservatively 2 miles thick, because there is no evidence of an actual impact crater at the source area where the bay lines converge.

And considering the size of these bays, it implies some pretty huge ice chunks being thrown extremely far, so that all doesn't seem to jive to me.

But if it wasn't a comet impact, but some kind of electrical strike of some kind discussed here, I'm curious to understand how that would work? With my limited understanding of these huge plasma scaring strikes, if I imagine it to be like a huge lightning strike, I wonder if it would penetrate the ice sheet and have an activation point of extreme heat on contact with the actual earth beneath the ice. If this were the case then it seems that the ice sheet would have a reaction of immediate rapid vaporization from underneath the ice sheet which could explain how huge ice chunks could both be launched up at that trajectory, as well as maintaining their huge size, because if there was a rapid expansion of vaporized water under the ice sheet, it would effectively create a uniform broad upward force that perhaps a bit further out from the epicenter, could possibly allow a uniformity of huge pieces of ice to remain in tact on the start of their trajectory.

If anyone comprehends what I'm trying to explore here and can connect some dots for me on the plasma earth strike model when hitting ice sheets, it would be very interesting to understand it better. Cheers.

Younger Dryas

Re: Carolina Bays, plasma strikes on the NA ice sheet?

Unread post by Younger Dryas » Mon May 13, 2019 8:15 am

I accept the Carolina Bays as mud ball/frisbee landing marks (Firestone, West, and Warwick-Smith will suggest something very close to that) I do not accept the invention of a NA Ice Sheet to account for the dispersal of material deposits over vast distances. The ice is a cover-up :)

The presence of charged Bentonite Clay (what allows for sand castles), would certainly be helpful in maintaining a plasticity of the ejected material.

Hope this was helpful!
"I decided to believe, as you might decide to take
an aspirin: It can't hurt, and you might get better."
-- Umberto Eco Foucault's Pendulum (1988)

ja7tdo

Unread post by ja7tdo » Mon May 13, 2019 7:56 pm

Hi,

The round holes in Carolina Bays are the discharge marks from the inside created during the expansion of Earth.
There are many similar holes in the Arctic Circle.

The Earth expands during the ice age.
https://etherealmatters.org/article/ear ... ng-ice-age

Discharge from the inside of the crust makes a crater.
https://etherealmatters.org/article/sib ... arge-crust

johnm33

Unread post by johnm33 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:51 am

I think these were created at a time the planet stopped rotating and it's orbit closer to the sun was being 'usurped' by Venus. Thus you have the kinetic energy of rotation and the sudden loss of up to 35kmps orbital speed all expressed as heat all the elements would react according to their specific heat and the effect would pervade the whole planet. Thus even from a cold start all the heavy elements would melt, if they catalysed reaction with their neighbouring atoms add in the heat from that, all sorts of ore bodies pipes breccias and volcanoes would form. water would remain cool partly because it's hydrogen elements mean it takes an enourmous amount of energy to raise its temperature but also because its free to move. Ice on the other hand would be stuck and as the planets surface heated, very suddenly, steam explosions at its base would liberate vast quantities into the atmosphere. The huge copper ore body surfacing by Lake Superior may well have aligned any electrical event to its locality and any current may have been running through the surface away from/towards it.

Open Mind

Unread post by Open Mind » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:00 pm

I'm reading that ice is actually a pretty poor conductor. It seems plausable that a significant plasma discharge event that struck an enormous ice sheet on earth might tear a hole in the ice sheet and most of that arc energy would happen beneath the ice sheet. In other words, super high heat from the arc point at the grounding of the earths surface beneath the ice, could generate extreme high heat, instantly flash melt the ice from underneath, and blow up huge chunks of ice in tact up and out on their parabolic paths to create these carolina bays.

anyone?

Open Mind

Unread post by Open Mind » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:06 am

Correction. Ice is not a bad conductor. Its actually good. Just not as good as ocean ice with salt in it.

But I've run across a Donald Scott vid explaining an interesting idea about why the arctic ice sheet is shrinking rapidly where as the Antarctic ice sheet appears in tact.

He mentions an interesting discovery that NASA made about the curiously high electrical events happening at the poles. He said they measured it at a whopping 650,000 Amps traveling through the birkeland currents into the pole regions. He also mentions that there has been another recent discovery that beneath the Antarctic ice cap, there is a curious region as large as London that is melting rapidly and show's up on radar scans through the ice as an enormous void of melted ice.

His explanation is that as huge Amps are entering the earth, they experience resistance from the various layers of atmosphere and material. In the Arctic, it is largely an ice sheet over an enormous ocean. So that power goes through ice, a reasonalble conductor, and then salt water, an excellent conductor, and then it hits the ocean floor of earth, which is a significant resistor as compared to the above layers that power is going through. So it is at this point, that the most heat is generated because where there is the most resistance, that is where you will see the most heat.

On the Antarctic, those currents go through the ice sheet and then hit the huge land mass of the antarctic continent. So all the heat is generated at a singular point heating that localized area the most and generating heat to melt that specific sub ice sheet underside. In the Arctic ocean, that heat is distributed and mixed to generate an overall effect of ice melt from underneath uniformly under all the arctic ice.

here is the Donald Scott vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9odM94 ... jreload=10

I'm extrapolating from this dynamic, that if there was a more considerable electrical event of the scale of some electrical strike from a celestial interloper or what ever else generates massive interplanetary arcs of great power to strike planetary surfaces and generate electrical scarring, then it would be this dynamic that is passing through the ice sheet in North America during the cataclysm of the Younger Dryas, which created this sub ice sheet rapid melting to the extent that it would uniformly explode upwards from instantaneous vaporization of that ice sheet from the contact point on the ground under the ice, where the source of the heat could have caused this.

It feels like a pretty good idea.

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:44 pm

Peter Mungo Jupp on the Carolina Bays:
Large plasmoids from volcanoes and earthquakes (more electro-magnetic phenomena) have been shown to sculpt the Earth as they bore and tunnel at great velocities. They often convert to the tightly related tornado. Even tsunamis are produced when giant plasmoids explode. But the plasmoids ability to create new elements, whilst emitting light, is an area still at a pioneering stage of our understanding.

The study of the Carolina Bays system by Berkeley Nuclear Physicist Rick Firestone, stimulates further speculation on the production of Diamonds. The Carolina Bays and beyond is a vast system of shallow elliptical depressions whose origin is highly debat able. Some claim meteorite storms, however their shallowness and total lack of debris precludes this. Others speculate wind born dramas from past eras. However plasmoids could be involved in the Bays production.

Importantly, it should be noted, the Carolina Bays accompany and bank along Lichtenberg river systems (see film). Electric Universe theory suspects Lichtenberg river systems are ancient electromagnetic discharge lines along, and I suspect, beneath the Earth’s surface. Could these discharge lines produce multiple exploding plasmoids? This is speculation. However, similar scenarios exist along the Murray River system in Australia, the Beaufort Sea coast of Alaska and the Deccan Traps in Siberia.

Richard Firestone discovered, that without fail, these depressions contained large concentrations of Nano diamonds and other exclusive chemical signatures: iridium, helium 3, fullerenes (Bucky Balls), carbon glass, hollow spherules and magnetic particles. Could an electrical discharge and or emerging plasmoid instability possibly create these diamonds? Perhaps another interesting collusion, in this consideration of related phenomena, comes from the Calabrian earthquakes of the 16th century. The earthquake formed perfectly round shallow holes some 30 feet in diameter. These are graphically recorded in sketches from that time. These mimic, on a smaller scale, the Carolina Bays scenario, but with a definitive cause. This association with the now understood connection between earthquakes and electromagnetic phenomena is interesting. Are these but smaller replications of a previous much less destructive era? Louis Hissink is correct: “Some of the cherished theories we hold may be quite wrong.”
https://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/2016/06/13/20619/

Open Mind

Unread post by Open Mind » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:29 pm

Interesting. But the fact that all of them in North America seem to have an axis bias that correlates together and tells a more nuanced and contextual story is really a huge part of the big picture. Any idea that doesn't address that aspect of their commonality feels like its missing for forest for the trees.

ConsciousNutshell

Unread post by ConsciousNutshell » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:50 am

Just some food for thought guys. Take a look at the Earth Impact Database

http://www.passc.net/EarthImpactDatabas ... World.html

Apart from the fact that there are only a few acknowledge craters on Earth (I dont know if more or less than on Venus), what do you notice in the image?
Last edited by nick c on Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: link corrected

Open Mind

Unread post by Open Mind » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:20 pm

I wasn't saying the carolina bays were impact craters from extra terrestrial projectiles. Am I missing your point?

ConsciousNutshell

Unread post by ConsciousNutshell » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:51 am

I didn't mean you were suggesting impacts. But many mainstreamers are. They contend for a primary impact that triggered secondary impacts which created the oval craters. What if the theory is half right but the main 'impact' was a thunderbolt? Or a sustained chain of them?

Galactic plane in tilted 60º to ecliptic plane. The people who postulate the Dryas Impact Hypothesis detected a crater alignment of 60º too (from Saginaw Bay to Greenland Crater under the Hiawatha Glacier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhGclNuT8fo ). It might be a link between both phenomena, especially if Carolina Bays lunettes have an electromagnetic origin instead.

Open Mind

Unread post by Open Mind » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:17 pm

"What if the theory is half right but the main 'impact' was a thunderbolt?"

That's what I've been trying to explain. I apologize if I'm repeating myself here. As I understand it, they've never found material in the Carolina Bays that would indicate a projectile of foreign material. Now maybe that's just confirmation that there's no 'comet' material in those bays, but projectile material from Earth from the main impact location hasn't been ruled out.

But what I've heard is the idea that a main impact threw up ice chunks in a parabolic trajectory that landed in these spots creating these bays. Since they all have elliptical shapes who's long axis seems to correlate to one general area in Michigan it sounds plausible.

Plausible, except for the fact that, on investigating information on crater sites and impact crater physics, to me, it seems unlikely that large enough chunks of ice would survive both the shock wave force, or the rapid ejection. Also, because ice density is nothing compared to earth or rock, it implies a relatively smaller impact, since it left nothing on the ground under that low density ice. And even if I'm wrong about that, if you consider an impact that is small enough not to penetrate to the earth significantly, (even if were talking about 2 miles of ice), then it has to pack a massive wallop of kinetic energy to explode enough to theoretically push huge chunks of ice that far away, which furthers my idea that the explosion would vaporize immediate surroundings and the further away from that blast, the less likely the force vector would push ice up in that particular parabolic trajectory implied by the impact sites, because the further away from the impact point, the lower the trajectory angle would be. In other words any force vectors from a perimeter around an impact point that are anywhere close to the angle necessary to produce the arc of trajectory that made those bays would be a point that would vaporize or at least break up any ice into small bits IMO.

So that's why I was looking at the idea that the main impact site in Michigan was maybe a massive planetary lightning bolt plasma arc kind of thing. Because based on what Donald Scott says in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9odM94 ... jreload=10

Between the 4-7 min marks, if an electrical strike hits ice, because it is a relatively good conductor, it will pass through the ice and hit the ground which is a massive resistor compared to ice, and therefore most of the heat generated will be on the ground.

So that's where I've been thinking this force scenario could possibly lift huge chunks of ice. Because there is no impact with a kinetic explosion that atomizes everything around it. Its a flash vaporization from underneath the ice sheet which will lift up huge plates of ice as a full formation like a huge dome, cracking into its separate chunks only from expansion into that shape because the flash vaporization will go in all directions, but the path of least resistance is going to be laterally between the ice and the ground considering the weight of that 2 mile deep ice sheet.

That seems like the most likely scenario for pushing large chunks of ice on that particular trajectory to where they landed at the size they must have been.

As for the other part about the 60 degrees thing, I'm not sure it applies to Carolina bays as they are all showing a large axis bias converging on one point. If what you are saying applies to those bays, they would all have long axis that are all parallel, but they are all slightly different and all pointing to one spot in Michigan.