criticizing thunderbolts and cosmology

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

crawler

Re: criticizing thunderbolts and cosmology

Unread post by crawler » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:37 pm

crawler wrote:
Zyxzevn wrote:
fencewalker wrote: what makes u think that plasma affects this doppler shift in frequencies?
Correction: it is not "doppler-shift", it is red-shift.
With "doppler-shift", you are already making an assumption, so it is a logical fallacy.

How can plasma cause redshift in frequencies?

I think that this effect is similar to what I call, the laser effect.
In a laser, the photons line up to form a single wave.
In a laser we have excited electrons to produce energy for this additional light.
So in the plasma of a laser, the electrons have the tendency to line up with the already
available light.
This means that the new light can also replace the original light.

To cause redshift, the light transmitted is of slightly lower energy.
This is possible due to the absorption of the momentum of the light.
Any speed that an electron gains will have some natural resistance,
and this means that it is very likely that plasma causes redshift to light.

And indeed do we see in the laboratory that this happens.

From the laboratory we learn:
The redshift corresponds with the amount of free electrons.
As a side effect, the light of the redshifted light is also slowed down, depending on frequency.

If the process is similar, then by measuring the slowing down of light,
we can measure the amount of plasma-redshift of light in space.
I havnt bothered to read the context of your redshift stuff, but Conrad Ranzan explains cosmic redshift in his DSSU website, he says it is a kind of tired light, light being stretched as it approaches mass & then again as it departs.
http://article.sciencepublishinggroup.c ... 05.11.html
http://www.cellularuniverse.org/D1Cosmi ... Ranzan.pdf

Krafft had a similar stretching theory for light.
https://www.scribd.com/document/2394790 ... ick-Krafft
(1) On page 8 Krafft's cause of redshift is similar to Ranzan's. Krafft says ..........
............. It appears that the red shift can be accounted for in a more reasonable manner by assuming that each train of light waves during its journey through space will undergo a slight expansion......... ............. it would require only an extremely small difference of velocity between the waves at the front and rear ends of the train to produce the observed red shift. (Popular Astronomy, Vol 39, No. 7, p.428.)
I can add that slowing of light (eg near mass) is only ever a temporary thing. Light allways propagates at c kmps in vacuum if well away from mass (ie in our solar system light is allways slower than c kmps, light propagates at c' kmps).

Brent72

Unread post by Brent72 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:27 pm

MotionTheory wrote:
FWIW Simplest answer - the observer is inside a filter(Milky Way), which redshift all incoming EM by the similar amount (however deviate slightly depend on milky way shape and location of observer from galactic axis of rotation) regardless of EM source distance.
Nice. I'm thinking of the analogy of a straw in a glass of water. The light reflected off the straw is slowed/refracted by the water, making the straw look 'bent'. Is that analogous to the filter effect of the milky way (or other galaxies)? Could it be that simple?

p.s. please everyone excuse my poor netiquette - just catching up on all the previous links in this thread now.

perpetual motion

Unread post by perpetual motion » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:36 pm

Moderator Note:
This post has been deleted.
It was a duplicate of another post which can be read on The Boring Sun thread here:

http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpB ... start=1215

Discussion of the visibility of light in space should be confined to The Boring Sun thread. That topic is not up for discussion on these forums/threads outside of that thread as it is not an EU topic.