It’s Time for Change

New threads (topics) in the Thunderblogs/Multimedia forum are only to be initiated by Forum Administrators. This is the place for users to comment on or discuss aspects of any individual Thunderblog or Thunderbolts multimedia post.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

davesmith_au
Site Admin

It’s Time for Change

Unread post by davesmith_au » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:42 pm

15 February ~ Wal Thornhill

Tumultuous times like these encourage questioning of long-held convictions. Our predicament seems the result of complacent reliance on consensus and a failure of commonsense. But for adventurous, practical souls it is a time of opportunity - a time ripe for change. [More...]
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster

Jaythree

Re: It’s Time for Change

Unread post by Jaythree » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:35 pm

I'm an EU soldier but a cautious one. Mills' BlackLight Power thesis looks on the surface to be compatible with EU theory and observation. But if you read his full development, you discover that it completely endorses conventional gravitational cosmology and GUT, solving the "problem" of missing mass/invisible matter with his "discovered" property of a lower ground state for hydrogen...an entity he calls a hydrino with a fractional (<1) ground state. This low energy atomic state is required to drive Mills' patented power engine, in which "natural" hydrogen is catalyzed to a lower energy level, releasing heat that can be used to perpetuate the process, not exactly a perpetual motion machine, but requiring a rest state of hydrogen never before observed or predicted. If Mills' theory pans out (and for the sake of cheap energy I hope it does), it will also spell hibernation or death for EU theory, since cosmologists will be spending their remaining years scanning the skies for clouds of low energy hydrogen.

StefanR

Unread post by StefanR » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:41 am

Above: Orbitsphere Supercurrent. The bound electron exists as a spherical two-dimensional supercurrent, an extended distribution of charge completely surrounding the nucleus. Unlike a spinning sphere, there is a complex pattern of motion on its surface (indicated by arrows) that give rise to two orthogonal angular momentum vectors that give rise to the phenomenon of electron spin.

Blacklight technology is based on the innovative Grand Unified Theory of Classical Physics (GUT-CP) which is the theory that physical laws (Maxwell's Equations, Newton's Laws, Special and General Relativity) must hold on all scales. The theory is based on an often overlooked result of Maxwell's Equations, that an extended distribution of charge may, under certain conditions, accelerate without radiating. This "condition of no radiation" is invoked to solve the physical structure of subatomic particles, atoms, and molecules.

In exact closed-form equations with physical constants only, solutions to thousands of known experimental values arise that were beyond the reach of previous theory. These include the electron spin, g-factor, multi-electron atoms, excited states, polyatomic molecules, wave-particle duality and the nature of the photon, the masses and families of fundamental particles, and the relationships between fundamental laws of the universe that reveal why the universe is accelerating as it expands. GUT-CP is successful over 85 orders of magnitude, from the level of quarks to the cosmos
http://www.blacklightpower.com/theory/theory.shtml

Distributed charge ? I can remember Junglelord talk about that in a certain way :?
The illusion from which we are seeking to extricate ourselves is not that constituted by the realm of space and time, but that which comes from failing to know that realm from the standpoint of a higher vision. -L.H.

Jaythree

Unread post by Jaythree » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:22 am

But EU theory states that the universe is not accelerating in a gravitational recession and that redshift may be the result of m=(f)t. Acceleration without radiation is a hard pill to swallow without some observable phenomena. Also, if hydrogen can be catalyzed into a ground state <1, what is the lowest possible eV of a free electron in a plasma? A really interesting part of the BlackLight theory is the theoretical resonance between catalyst and target hydrogen that can drop the ground state to a fractional but still quantum level. Demonstration of that is the key to any credibility. Waiting with bated breath.

Zakhur

Unread post by Zakhur » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:39 pm

You know, it really doesn't matter what theory the guy thinks he's confirming or challenging. If his machine works, it works. If his machine's operation negates quantum electrodynamics, that's unbelievably unproblematic. Scientists need to be more like Michael Faraday. He barely understood elementary math, and never used it to explain nature's workings. His method consisted of gut feeling, experiment, and observation.

Jaythree

Unread post by Jaythree » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:35 pm

Oh, you're right...I believe Mills now, sir ;) But my point was to state that if Mills really is right, then EU theory is challenged insofar as validating "invisible matter" and gravitational redshift recession may devalue electromagnetic force in the cosmos. Experiment will decide. But you can't have it both ways.

rcglinsk

Unread post by rcglinsk » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:12 pm

One line from this thunderblog struck me as odd.
Quantum theory doesn’t explain anything; it certainly forbids; and its predictions are trivially successful.
Help me out if I misunderstand things. I think the Schrodinger equation is actually solvable for the hydrogen atom, that there aren't any adjusted parameters, the inputs are known physical constants (electric force constant, charge of the proton/electon etc.), and that solving the equation nearly perfectly predicts the spectrograph emission lines of hydrogen. Now, for anything but one proton and electron, helium for example, quantum mechanics has to introduce an infinite series of parameters, but as far as simple hydrogen goes, the last thing I would call the predictions is trivial. That's pretty darn amazing in my opinion.

I'm not trying to say that one must believe the machine doesn't work even though it does, but calling QM's predictions trivial seemed like taking the rhetoric a bit too far.

Jaythree

Unread post by Jaythree » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:52 am

Yes, agreed. Still, I do get lost in Mill's GUT/TOE book where "his" hydrino, a lower ground state of hydrogen is predicted, thereby making vast amounts of energy accessible. Seems similar to someone figuring out that the enormous energy posited in the vacuum, from which virtual particles theoretically emerge and disappear, can actually be accessed. Or that sea level can be lowered by a catalyst.