Symbols of an Alien Sky- Comparative Mythology Comes of Age

New threads (topics) in the Thunderblogs/Multimedia forum are only to be initiated by Forum Administrators. This is the place for users to comment on or discuss aspects of any individual Thunderblog or Thunderbolts multimedia post.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Symbols of an Alien Sky- Comparative Mythology Comes of Age

Unread post by davesmith_au » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:05 am

October 24, 2009 ~ Dave Smith.

A review of the just released DVD "Symbols of an Alien Sky".

Comparative mythology steps out from the shadows with this provocative video presentation, filled with sweeping visual images, memories of planetary catastrophe, and spectacular plasma discharge formations in the skies above ancient witnesses.[More...]
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster

mharratsc

Re: Symbols of an Alien Sky- Comparative Mythology Comes of Age

Unread post by mharratsc » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:34 pm

Hey Dave,

You really know how to write a review, brother! I confess that I was on-the-fence about buying this dvd. I already think that the model is correct after all, and I'd seen the prototype media on YouTube and got the gist of things... I was thinking that I really didn't need to spend the money.

After reading your review, however, and the quotes from the TBG's (ThunderBolt Guru's), I have to say that I'm so curious as what else could be on that disk that I can't stand not knowing anymore! :D

(Thanks for pushing me off the fence!)

Mike H.
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Unread post by davesmith_au » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:25 pm

The Admiral in [i]Get Smart[/i] wrote:Could somebody please give me a little push? ...
Glad you like it Mike, you will not be disappointed!

Cheers, Dave.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster

moses

Unread post by moses » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:37 pm

One hears of 'keys' to the bible and 'keys' to the past. Be assured that this video represents such a key. Dave explains the puzzles of the past. Strange objects, although with similar depictions found around the world, suddenly are understandable. Thus watching this video could easily lead one into an intense interest in the ancient past.

Although it feels like one has entered the twilight zone, a deep calling from the past can be felt as one attunes to the true conditions faced by our ancestors. Conditions that went from foetal-like constancy with spectacular gods in the sky, to an extreme survivalist state as the Solar System rearranged. One wonders just how much humanity was affected by this.
Mo

Joe Keenan

Unread post by Joe Keenan » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:31 am

Just got done watching the SoaAS DVD for the second time; I must say it was extremely well done and very thought provoking. Interestingly enough, as it provoked new thoughts it simultaneously answered many unresolved conflicts I had with orthodox understanding of mythology. I always found it hard to believe our ancestors worshiped a star filled sky, twinkling lights, though beautiful, are not really that inspiring to me, I assume my ancestors would feel much the same.

I can imagine a heavens filled with wildly active electrical phenomena intimidating/inspiring just about anyone. The dynamic interactions between the planets outlined in the movie and discussed here on this website offer a logical explanation for the ancient sky/heavens fixation. The animation was very well done and as I watched it I couldn't help but think how talented the animator was and how useful his/hers skill could be. Not to pile work on your desk, but.... as I was reading Koestler's, Sleepwalkers, I couldn't help but see Electric Universe Theory as another stage in cosmological explanation. It would be wonderful to have a DVD showing the development of cosmology from ancient times to the heliocentric. Animation offers tremendous explanatory powers, I would love to see the ancient understandings illustrated, imagine showing the Ptolemaic and Copernican systems, complete with deferents, epicycles and all. Imagine presenting, the "Egyptian" system of Herakleides, Tycho de Brahe's system. Such a product would have quite a market and would only add to the EU perspective, it would illustrate that science is really an agreed upon explanatory system.

Sorry for the digression, great offering, I look forward to later offerings too!