Bringing The Black Hole Fallacy Into Focus

New threads (topics) in the Thunderblogs/Multimedia forum are only to be initiated by Forum Administrators. This is the place for users to comment on or discuss aspects of any individual Thunderblog or Thunderbolts multimedia post.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Bringing The Black Hole Fallacy Into Focus

Unread post by davesmith_au » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:05 am

'08 September 07 ~ Guest Contributor Stephen J. Crothers

Editor's Note: The following article is a copy of a letter sent by Stephen J. Crothers to the author of an article which was published in the journal Nature on September 3rd (subscription required) which offers no proofs of the outrageous claims it makes regarding black holes. Anyone who has any doubt about the validity of black hole claims should read this as it offers mathematical proof (in conjunction with referenced material) that black holes cannot exist. Crothers has offered his math for scrutiny to many scientists and theorists and to date none have offered a mathematical refutation of his claims. Handwaving and derision (the usual response) does not a refutation make.[More...]
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster

MGmirkin

Re: Bringing The Black Hole Fallacy Into Focus

Unread post by MGmirkin » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:15 am

That's pretty good, though it presents the material in much the same way as the prior one or two Thunderblogs on the topic. I've taken a slightly different direction on the issue and simplified the argument to a couple major issues and rephrased the issues for non-mathematicians (I think I understood enough of the issues to re-present them).

(Mathematician Claims Black Holes Are the Result of Bad Math!)
http://www.nowpublic.com/tech-biz/mathe ... t-bad-math
http://digg.com/general_sciences/Mathem ... f_Bad_Math

Hope folks enjoy the read! We'll see if this penetrates the MSM (mainstream media)...

Regards,
~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

MGmirkin

Re: Bringing The Black Hole Fallacy Into Focus

Unread post by MGmirkin » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:45 am

On a lark I tossed up a thread over on AboveTopSecret, too... We'll see what folks over there have to say about it!

(Mathematician Claims Black Holes Don't Add Up!)
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread389100/pg1

Used an alternate title 'cause I thought it was catchy / kitschy... Wonder if the NPO article will get Slashdotted and blown up? :D Not that I'm suggesting anything... :?

Regards,
~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law