Binary Star Formation

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Sithri

Binary Star Formation

Unread post by Sithri » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:30 pm

"
Here's some quotes from mainstream websites:
Astronomers using the Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array (ALMA)
have discovered that two young stars forming from the same swirling protoplanetary disk may be twins — in the sense that they came from the same parent cloud of star-forming material. Beyond that, however, they have shockingly little in common.

"The main, central star of this system, which is located approximately 11,000 light-years from Earth, is truly colossal — a full 40 times more massive than the Sun. The other star, which ALMA recently discovered just beyond the central star’s disk, is a relatively puny one-eightieth (1/80) that mass.

Their striking difference in size suggests that they formed by following two very different paths. The more massive star took the more traditional route by collapsing under gravity out of a dense “core” of gas. The smaller one likely followed the road less traveled by – at least for stars – by accumulating mass from a portion of the disk that “fragmented” away as it matured, a process that may have more in common with the birth of gas-giant planets.

“Astronomers have known for a long time that most massive stars orbit one or more other stars as partners in a compact system, but how they got there has been a topic of conjecture,” said Crystal Brogan, an astronomer with the National Radio Astronomy Observatory (NRAO) in Charlottesville, Virginia, and a co-author on the study. “With ALMA, we now have evidence that the disk of gas and dust that encompasses and feeds a growing massive star also produces fragments at early stages that can form a secondary star.”"
https://public.nrao.edu/news/2018-alma- ... ting-disk/

"
Their new clues support the idea that double-star systems form when a disk of gas and dust whirling around one young star fragments, forming another new star in orbit with the first. Young stars that still are gathering matter from their surroundings form such disks, along with jet-like outflows rapidly propelling material in narrow beams perpendicular to the disk.

When Tobin and an international team of astronomers studied gas-enshrouded young stars roughly 1,000 light-years from Earth, they found that two had previously-unseen companions in the plane where their disks would be expected, perpendicular to the direction of the outflows from the systems. One of the systems also clearly had a disk surrounding both young stars.

“This fits the theoretical model of companions forming from fragmentation in the disk,”
Tobin said. “This configuration would not be required by alternative explanations,” he added."
https://scitechdaily.com/new-research-b ... on-theory/

To shed light on the peculiar pair, the researchers used the Atacama Large Millimetre/submillimetre Array (ALMA) to probe the star system — observing the light frequencies that emit from the disk’s gas and measuring the radiation that emits from the disk’s dust. They used this information to calculate the mass of the stars, and found that MM 1a is about 40 times the mass of our Sun, and that MM 1b weighs just half our Sun’s mass.

To account for this stark contrast, the researchers think that MM 1b was actually born in a fragment of MM 1a’s disk. Due to its hefty mass, they believe that the disk wasn’t able to hold up against its own gravity, and ended up breaking off into fragments. One of those fragments housed enough dust and gas to create the low mass companion star, and possibly a planet-forming disk of its own.
http://www.astronomy.com/news/2018/12/p ... on-instead

It appears that the boldfaced by myself is what all of these theories have in common: a 'fragmentation' or 'separating' of the disc from another and mass accretion. I wonder what they think of the birkeland filaments that house these stars? I haven't found a single report about how those dynamics would work out with star formation, especially the newly theorized binary star formation.

What does the EU/PC propose about binary star formation? I think its nearly as ignorant as modern astrophysics and astronomy!

neilwilkes

Re: Binary Star Formation

Unread post by neilwilkes » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:53 am

I have long suspected that Binaries are formed when the main, original star gets so electrically stressed it has to fission to reduce that stress by creating a larger surface.
(Very simplified version though).
You will never get a man to understand something his salary depends on him not understanding.

D_Archer

Unread post by D_Archer » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:54 am

neilwilkes wrote:I have long suspected that Binaries are formed when the main, original star gets so electrically stressed it has to fission to reduce that stress by creating a larger surface.
No fissioning is observed.

Looks more like a secondary pinch inside the birkeland current channel, intertwining currents can create such a thing. It is not fissioning but maybe an overload of the main pinch causing a second pinch. Still looks like only stars are born inside pinches, if a smaller star is born with less material it will just cool off faster.

Star birth thread:
http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpB ... =3&t=17240

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -

Sithri

Unread post by Sithri » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:37 pm

D_Archer wrote:
neilwilkes wrote:I have long suspected that Binaries are formed when the main, original star gets so electrically stressed it has to fission to reduce that stress by creating a larger surface.

Looks more like a secondary pinch inside the birkeland current channel, intertwining currents can create such a thing. It is not fissioning but maybe an overload of the main pinch causing a second pinch. Still looks like only stars are born inside pinches, if a smaller star is born with less material it will just cool off faster.

Star birth thread:

Regards,
Daniel
So basically you're saying that there are two birkeland filaments that spin around each other while simultaneously z-pinching in concert? That would explain their spinning-about-one-another binary aspect as well as why they keep a certain distance from one another. Unless somehow they collide? If there is a chance of them colliding, what keeps them from doing so?

D_Archer

Unread post by D_Archer » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:32 pm

Sithri wrote:
D_Archer wrote:

Star birth thread:

Regards,
Daniel
So basically you're saying that there are two birkeland filaments that spin around each other while simultaneously z-pinching in concert? That would explain their spinning-about-one-another binary aspect as well as why they keep a certain distance from one another. Unless somehow they collide? If there is a chance of them colliding, what keeps them from doing so?
The second star would be a second pinch inside the main birkeland current filament, so still 1 filament. They would not colide, as they are separated in the current filament. The birkeland current is a very large structure, like 2 umbrella's colliding, main star (or 2 stars as recently seen) in the center and possible smaller stars further up or down (along the current line).

It is late here, i hope i explained it ok. We still need a fully correct pinch model, so much more can be done to imporove our understandings... and the wording used (in my case :cry: )

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -

Sithri

Unread post by Sithri » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:14 am

D_Archer wrote:
Sithri wrote:
D_Archer wrote:

Star birth thread:

Regards,
Daniel
The second star would be a second pinch inside the main birkeland current filament, so still 1 filament. They would not colide, as they are separated in the current filament. The birkeland current is a very large structure, like 2 umbrella's colliding, main star (or 2 stars as recently seen) in the center and possible smaller stars further up or down (along the current line).

It is late here, i hope i explained it ok. We still need a fully correct pinch model, so much more can be done to imporove our understandings... and the wording used (in my case :cry: )

Regards,
Daniel
Would there be a separation of current or some kind of charge fragmentation like something like the mainstream model proposes? Double layers?

D_Archer

Unread post by D_Archer » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:48 am

Sithri wrote:Would there be a separation of current or some kind of charge fragmentation like something like the mainstream model proposes? Double layers?
Yes, i would call it then a separation of current density, the main star current density is at its maximum but still more charge (and probably als matter) is coming in necessitating the charge goes somewhere else (still within the Birkeland current filament).

But knowledge about this process is incomplete.. at least from my side.. i have been working out what happens at stellar birth for many years, i think Donald Scott's model is so far the best model to describe the base Birkeland current aspects but it is still incomplete with regards to the pinch mechanics.. matter is drawn in magnetically, matter is ionoized... stars are generally born the same size.... new evidence suggests pairs of stars...or even more... nature is not wasteful, we must model star birth as a natural process... lots more to discover.

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -

Sithri

Unread post by Sithri » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:34 pm

D_Archer wrote:
Sithri wrote:Would there be a separation of current or some kind of charge fragmentation like something like the mainstream model proposes? Double layers?
Yes, i would call it then a separation of current density, the main star current density is at its maximum but still more charge (and probably als matter) is coming in necessitating the charge goes somewhere else (still within the Birkeland current filament).

But knowledge about this process is incomplete.. at least from my side.. i have been working out what happens at stellar birth for many years, i think Donald Scott's model is so far the best model to describe the base Birkeland current aspects but it is still incomplete with regards to the pinch mechanics.. matter is drawn in magnetically, matter is ionoized... stars are generally born the same size.... new evidence suggests pairs of stars...or even more... nature is not wasteful, we must model star birth as a natural process... lots more to discover.

Regards,
Daniel
By birkeland filamnent do you mean the string that all stars form on? Like in this picture?

If so, it would make sense that they fragment into two z-pinches, Like in this picture?:

Except that instead of them remaining stationary with regard to one another, the two Birkeland Filaments twine too so that the binary formation spins round about itself? Like in this picture, except that the two filaments are z-pinching?:

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:20 pm

Sithri,
The EU is not one model. It is a collection of interdisciplinary hypotheses, theories, and models, with application especially to Astronomy and Cosmology. As such I prefer to consider it a "paradigm." With paradigm defined as:
a philosophical and theoretical framework of a scientific school or discipline within which theories, laws, and generalizations and the experiments performed in support of them are formulated
As applied to Astronomy/Cosmology, this is in contrast to the consensus paradigm that pretty much everything we observe in the cosmos can be explained by gravitational attraction. Despite observations to the contrary, mainstream's adherence to the 'gravity only' paradigm has resulted in such assumption based and artificial constructs as Dark Matter, Dark Energy, Black Holes, Neutron Stars, etc. when a plasma/electrical explanation provides a much simpler and elegant explanation.

One of the essential tenets of the EU/Plasma Cosmology is that plasma processes can be scaled up to Cosmic levels. Hannes Alfven, to the best of my knowledge, was the first to suggest this level of scaling for plasma activities. The implication being that lab experiments can be useful in explaining many observed cosmic phenomena.

Star formation in the EU is attributed to two plasma processes:

1 Z pinch: In the lab the Z or Bennett Pinch has been shown to gather and concentrate matter...See:
https://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/2011/1 ... chapter-6/

2. Fissioning: a star under electrical stress will reach a point where it becomes unstable and cannot support the incoming current. It will then split, usually into two unequal parts, increasing the surface area and relieving it, if only temporarily, of the stress. I write temporarily because stars may fission multiple times, and Brown, Red Dwarfs, or Gas Giants (given the proper conditions) are more likely to spin off planetary objects...remember we are talking about a scaled process.
There is no (to my knowledge) direct observation of this happening. I fully expect that to change at some point in the future with improved instrumentation and observational techniques.
A good test will be when a star has been observed to have no companion, unexpectedly brightens or has a Nova like event, and afterward there is observed a stellar companion.
Read the Donald Scott link below about the star F Sagittae which may be such a case.

Back to scalability....we do see celestial objects, at a smaller scale, fission. Comets (see the numerous EU articles on the Electric Comet) have been observed to fission, sometimes repeatedly. Furthermore we see many small asteroids in pairs as well many single asteroids in the ubiquitous peanut or dumbbell shape, these will eventually become separate and become a binary pairing. Considering this, Stars have been observed to exhibit comet like features...see:
https://science.nasa.gov/science-news/s ... 5aug_mira/

For more on Stellar Fissioning see:
http://electric-cosmos.org/hrdiagr.html
Fissioning Wal Thornhill once said:
"….. internal electrostatic forces prevent stars from collapsing gravitationally and occasionally cause them to "give birth" by electrical fissioning to form companion stars and gas giant planets. Sudden brightening, or a nova outburst marks such an event. That elucidates why stars commonly have partners and why most of the giant planets so far detected closely orbit their parent star."
If a sphere of fixed volume splits into two smaller (equal sized) spheres, the total surface area of the newly formed pair will be about 26% larger than the area of the original sphere. (If the split results in two unequally sized spheres, the increase in total area will be something less than 26%.) So, to reduce the current density it is experiencing, an electrically stressed, blue-white star may explosively fission into two or more stars. This provides an increase in total surface area and so results in a reduced level of current density on the (new) stars' surfaces. Each of two new (equal sized) stars will experience only 80% of the previous current density level and so both will jump to new locations farther to the lower-right in the HR diagram.
A possible example of two equal sized offspring may be the binary pair called Y Cygni. This is a pair of giant O or B type stars that orbit each other in a period of 2.99 days. Each star is some 5 million miles in diameter and 5000 times as luminous as our Sun - absolute magnitudes about -4.5. They are some 12 million miles apart (less than 2.5 times their diameters!). Their masses are 17.3 and 17.1 times the mass of our Sun.

If the members of the resulting binary pair turn out to be unequal in size, the larger one will probably have the larger current density - but still lower than the original value. (This assumes that the total charge and total driving current to the original star distributes itself onto the new stars proportionally to their masses.) In this case, the smaller member of the pair might have such a low value of current density as to drop it, abruptly, to "brown dwarf" or even "giant planet" status. That may be how giant gas planets get born (and are in close proximity to their parents).

There was an interesting statement made in this regard in the Jan. 1, 2001 issue of Science Now magazine (p.4). "Astronomers are scratching their heads over a strange new planetary system. A team discovered a huge gas ball -- apparently a failed star called a brown dwarf -- circling a star that holds another planet in its sway. But no one understands how something so massive as a brown dwarf could form so close to a normal star with a planetary companion." This was in an article called "An awkward trio disturbs astronomers" by G. Schilling.

The final distribution of mass and current density is sensitive to the mechanics of the splitting process. Such a process can only be violent - possibly resulting in a nova eruption. Some mass may be lost to the plasma cloud that later can appear as a planetary nebula or nova-remnant that surrounds the binary pair. If the charge on the original star was highly concentrated on or near its surface, and the fissioning process is similar to the peeling off of a onion's skin, then most of that original charge (and current) may end up on the offspring star that is constituted only of the skin of the original star. In this way the smaller, rather than the larger of the two members of the resulting binary pair, can be the hotter one. In any event, both stars will move to different positions in the HR diagram from where their parent was located.

Sithri

Unread post by Sithri » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:08 pm

nick c wrote:Sithri,
The EU is not one model. It is a collection of interdisciplinary hypotheses, theories, and models, with application especially to Astronomy and Cosmology. As such I prefer to consider it a "paradigm." With paradigm defined as:
a philosophical and theoretical framework of a scientific school or discipline within which theories, laws, and generalizations and the experiments performed in support of them are formulated
As applied to Astronomy/Cosmology, this is in contrast to the consensus paradigm that pretty much everything we observe in the cosmos can be explained by gravitational attraction. Despite observations to the contrary, mainstream's adherence to the 'gravity only' paradigm has resulted in such assumption based and artificial constructs as Dark Matter, Dark Energy, Black Holes, Neutron Stars, etc. when a plasma/electrical explanation provides a much simpler and elegant explanation.

One of the essential tenets of the EU/Plasma Cosmology is that plasma processes can be scaled up to Cosmic levels. Hannes Alfven, to the best of my knowledge, was the first to suggest this level of scaling for plasma activities. The implication being that lab experiments can be useful in explaining many observed cosmic phenomena.

Star formation in the EU is attributed to two plasma processes:

1 Z pinch: In the lab the Z or Bennett Pinch has been shown to gather and concentrate matter...See:
https://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/2011/1 ... chapter-6/

2. Fissioning: a star under electrical stress will reach a point where it becomes unstable and cannot support the incoming current. It will then split, usually into two unequal parts, increasing the surface area and relieving it, if only temporarily, of the stress. I write temporarily because stars may fission multiple times, and Brown, Red Dwarfs, or Gas Giants (given the proper conditions) are more likely to spin off planetary objects...remember we are talking about a scaled process.
There is no (to my knowledge) direct observation of this happening. I fully expect that to change at some point in the future with improved instrumentation and observational techniques.
A good test will be when a star has been observed to have no companion, unexpectedly brightens or has a Nova like event, and afterward there is observed a stellar companion.
Read the Donald Scott link below about the star F Sagittae which may be such a case.

Back to scalability....we do see celestial objects, at a smaller scale, fission. Comets (see the numerous EU articles on the Electric Comet) have been observed to fission, sometimes repeatedly. Furthermore we see many small asteroids in pairs as well many single asteroids in the ubiquitous peanut or dumbbell shape, these will eventually become separate and become a binary pairing. Considering this, Stars have been observed to exhibit comet like features...see:
https://science.nasa.gov/science-news/s ... 5aug_mira/

For more on Stellar Fissioning see:
http://electric-cosmos.org/hrdiagr.html
Fissioning Wal Thornhill once said:
"….. internal electrostatic forces prevent stars from collapsing gravitationally and occasionally cause them to "give birth" by electrical fissioning to form companion stars and gas giant planets. Sudden brightening, or a nova outburst marks such an event. That elucidates why stars commonly have partners and why most of the giant planets so far detected closely orbit their parent star."
If a sphere of fixed volume splits into two smaller (equal sized) spheres, the total surface area of the newly formed pair will be about 26% larger than the area of the original sphere. (If the split results in two unequally sized spheres, the increase in total area will be something less than 26%.) So, to reduce the current density it is experiencing, an electrically stressed, blue-white star may explosively fission into two or more stars. This provides an increase in total surface area and so results in a reduced level of current density on the (new) stars' surfaces. Each of two new (equal sized) stars will experience only 80% of the previous current density level and so both will jump to new locations farther to the lower-right in the HR diagram.
A possible example of two equal sized offspring may be the binary pair called Y Cygni. This is a pair of giant O or B type stars that orbit each other in a period of 2.99 days. Each star is some 5 million miles in diameter and 5000 times as luminous as our Sun - absolute magnitudes about -4.5. They are some 12 million miles apart (less than 2.5 times their diameters!). Their masses are 17.3 and 17.1 times the mass of our Sun.

If the members of the resulting binary pair turn out to be unequal in size, the larger one will probably have the larger current density - but still lower than the original value. (This assumes that the total charge and total driving current to the original star distributes itself onto the new stars proportionally to their masses.) In this case, the smaller member of the pair might have such a low value of current density as to drop it, abruptly, to "brown dwarf" or even "giant planet" status. That may be how giant gas planets get born (and are in close proximity to their parents).

There was an interesting statement made in this regard in the Jan. 1, 2001 issue of Science Now magazine (p.4). "Astronomers are scratching their heads over a strange new planetary system. A team discovered a huge gas ball -- apparently a failed star called a brown dwarf -- circling a star that holds another planet in its sway. But no one understands how something so massive as a brown dwarf could form so close to a normal star with a planetary companion." This was in an article called "An awkward trio disturbs astronomers" by G. Schilling.

The final distribution of mass and current density is sensitive to the mechanics of the splitting process. Such a process can only be violent - possibly resulting in a nova eruption. Some mass may be lost to the plasma cloud that later can appear as a planetary nebula or nova-remnant that surrounds the binary pair. If the charge on the original star was highly concentrated on or near its surface, and the fissioning process is similar to the peeling off of a onion's skin, then most of that original charge (and current) may end up on the offspring star that is constituted only of the skin of the original star. In this way the smaller, rather than the larger of the two members of the resulting binary pair, can be the hotter one. In any event, both stars will move to different positions in the HR diagram from where their parent was located.
So there is a sort of fissioning or separation of mass that occurs in forming binary stars. What do you think about my previous post? Why wouldn't the two stars form simultaneously instead of fission of one star into a binary pair? What has been observed by astronomers of the mainstream is that there is a mass of a cloud of mass that is spinnng that separates and then accumulate mass, both clouds spinning. and forming at the same time. I don't think they've observed any novas in formation of these stars.

Also, as stars exist in an environment of birkeland filaments, don't they both 'feed' upon their filament that formed them like how they claim that stars are powered from the outside rather the inside? If so, wouldn't that mean that the 'feeding' itself is a form of twined filaments? These twined filaments would be exactly what it would take to form the stars simultaneously in the first place, no?

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:58 pm

In my opinion fissioning is not the only way to produce a binary star.
Star forming nebulae in the spiral arms of the galaxy are common star birthing places and have hundreds or thousands of newly formed (by z pinches) stars in relative close proximity (by cosmic standards), increasing the possibility for the formation of binary and multiple star relationships.

Sithri

Unread post by Sithri » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:09 am

nick c wrote:In my opinion fissioning is not the only way to produce a binary star.
Star forming nebulae in the spiral arms of the galaxy are common star birthing places and have hundreds or thousands of newly formed (by z pinches) stars in relative close proximity (by cosmic standards), increasing the possibility for the formation of binary and multiple star relationships.
So simple proximity of stars is what forms binary star pairs?

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:54 pm

So simple proximity of stars is what forms binary star pairs?
Not exclusively. Do we know enough about the new Plasma Cosmology paradigm to say for certain that the dynamic electrical environment of molecular star forming clouds can or cannot pinch together a binary? I would say no we don't. This is an opportunity for new research.

It seems to me that there must be many multiple systems formed in the complex electrical environment of star forming molecular plasma clouds. Fissioning would be taking place there too.

hlg

Unread post by hlg » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:42 am

It seems to me that there must be many multiple systems formed in the complex electrical environment of star forming molecular plasma clouds. Fissioning would be taking place there too.
if these processes are scalable, then lightning balls on earth should show the trick...

my father told me of such an experience, when a ball of lightning formed seemingly in the chimney, blew the doors of the smoking-chamber open, the ball was suspended in the air in the small kitchen and left the room through the opened window (40 times 80 cm) and hovered through the garden until they lost it out of sight, releasing odors of sulfur...

this must have been back in 1940, when there were no electric installations in the house yet...

was there ever reported a twin-lightning ball.? i dont think so...

so i think this is an electrical phenomenon, where magnetic forces of the involved current stabilize the plasma in mid air while electrostatic forces of the rising thunderstorm kept it aloft...

i tend to think that the twin is born from the first plasmoid when the forces of the current can no longer be sustained inside the bubble of plasma that formed at first... so it spits out a violent burst of hot plasma, whirling...

just as our sun does very often... if it is enough to stabilize itself again, a twin forms his own bubble...

that would be my deduction of the things happening...

my other thoughts rotate with the counterrotating cylinders of don scotts presentation, where you can see often six or more cyclons like balls in a bearing rotating between the cylinders... so it might be, that without the influence of other charged bodies, these cyclons form balls, stabilize themselves, contract and light up, by the ions and electrons that first formed the counterrotating cylinderwalls... think about the hour glass shape...

Sithri

Unread post by Sithri » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:28 pm

hlg wrote:
if these processes are scalable, then lightning balls on earth should show the trick...

my father told me of such an experience, when a ball of lightning formed seemingly in the chimney, blew the doors of the smoking-chamber open, the ball was suspended in the air in the small kitchen and left the room through the opened window (40 times 80 cm) and hovered through the garden until they lost it out of sight, releasing odors of sulfur...

this must have been back in 1940, when there were no electric installations in the house yet...

was there ever reported a twin-lightning ball.? i dont think so...

so i think this is an electrical phenomenon, where magnetic forces of the involved current stabilize the plasma in mid air while electrostatic forces of the rising thunderstorm kept it aloft...

i tend to think that the twin is born from the first plasmoid when the forces of the current can no longer be sustained inside the bubble of plasma that formed at first... so it spits out a violent burst of hot plasma, whirling...

just as our sun does very often... if it is enough to stabilize itself again, a twin forms his own bubble...

that would be my deduction of the things happening...

my other thoughts rotate with the counterrotating cylinders of don scotts presentation, where you can see often six or more cyclons like balls in a bearing rotating between the cylinders... so it might be, that without the influence of other charged bodies, these cyclons form balls, stabilize themselves, contract and light up, by the ions and electrons that first formed the counterrotating cylinderwalls... think about the hour glass shape...
Do you think it might have been a UFO?