Donald Scott: New Evidence of Birkeland Currents

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

JP Michael

Re: Donald Scott: New Evidence of Birkeland Currents

Unread post by JP Michael » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:06 pm

What is the relationship between the earth's in-out current cycle and the sun's 11.7 year pole rotation cycle, I wonder?

Is the Sun itself undertaking an in-out cycle based on its own helical forward movement along the galactic current?

Webbman

Unread post by Webbman » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:58 am

or the incoming current from the galactic arm is simply low frequency alternating current.
its all lies.

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:56 am

or the incoming current from the galactic arm is simply low frequency alternating current.
That is doubtful. We are dealing with electric discharges in plasma.
see:
https://www.plasma-universe.com/electri ... _mechanism

But this thread should not be derailed into a debate over whether cosmic electric currents are AC or DC. To the best of my knowledge, Scott's papers involve DC.
If you have a theory of cosmic AC currents feel free to open a thread on the NIAMI board.

dren

Unread post by dren » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:51 am

JP Michael wrote:What is the relationship between the earth's in-out current cycle and the sun's 11.7 year pole rotation cycle, I wonder?

Is the Sun itself undertaking an in-out cycle based on its own helical forward movement along the galactic current?

Suggesting the sun is tied to a birkland current filament rather than the full current stream through its poles?

JP Michael

Unread post by JP Michael » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:55 pm

There is a curious geometry of Birkeland current Z pinches which creates a focus point where it is 'short circuited', ie, discharging. The current seems to taper in like the point of a pencil and expand out again at the other side.

The question is whether the pinch point itself is still pushed along the current by the current. That is to say the 'pressure' behind the pinch is stronger and weaker in front, so the pinch gets pushed along at a certain velocity. Since intergalactic currents are helical (Birkeland), the sun and its accompanying system ought to exhibit helical rotation as it progresses forward, with a predictable cycle of rotation. In the sun's case, a complete rotation is 23.4 years.

I theorise that wave-particle 'duality' is the same phenomenon at the subatomic scale. Photons may be nothing more than subatomic pinches moving forward along a helical path. A 'wave' is a 2D expression of a 3D helix. The up and down of a wave represent movement of the photon towards or away from the observer as it travels along, confined in its helical subatomic current.

The Great Dog

Unread post by The Great Dog » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:33 am

Smith points out something interesting that's germane, here:

https://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/2019/0 ... weather-2/

"...in early September 2017 the Sun erupted with several powerful solar flares. Solar flares are classified according to their X-ray output: C-class flares possess X-ray measurements in the 10^-6 watts per square meter range (W/m^2), while X-class flares can exceed 10^-4 W/m^2. On September 6, 2017 the Sun exploded with an X2.2 and then an X9.3 flare, after unleashing several less powerful events earlier in the week. The X9.3 incident was the eighth largest solar flare ever recorded.

Solar flares are composed of charged particles, since they follow Earth’s polar electromagnetic cusps. Their power can be illustrated by a September 7, 2005 X17 solar flare that impacted Earth’s magnetosphere, knocking out radio transmissions and overloading power station transformers. Is it a coincidence that hurricanes Katrina (August 29, 2005) and Rita (September 23, 2005) occurred on either side of the fourth largest X-flare ever recorded?

A previous Picture of the Day reported that, 12 years later, hurricanes Harvey (August 17, 2017) and Irma (August 30, 2017), with the highest wind speeds of any Atlantic hurricane, were spawned during a time when the eighth largest solar flare ever recorded erupted from the Sun. At similar points in the solar cycle, within days of each other, violent electromagnetic changes in the Sun initiated violent weather events on Earth."

TGD
There are no other dogs but The Great Dog

hlg

Unread post by hlg » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:17 am

that weather on earth is powered by electricity from outside seems no longer deniable:

https://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/2019/1 ... pace-news/
JP Michael wrote:..... wether the pinch point itself is still pushed along the current by the current. That is to say the 'pressure' behind the pinch is stronger and weaker in front, so the pinch gets pushed along at a certain velocity. Since intergalactic currents are helical (Birkeland), the sun and its accompanying system ought to exhibit helical rotation as it progresses forward, with a predictable cycle of rotation. In the sun's case, a complete rotation is 23.4 years.

I theorise that wave-particle 'duality' is the same phenomenon at the subatomic scale. Photons may be nothing more than subatomic pinches moving forward along a helical path. A 'wave' is a 2D expression of a 3D helix. The up and down of a wave represent movement of the photon towards or away from the observer as it travels along, confined in its helical subatomic current.
very nice thoughts! thank you.

as i understand pinch it is donut-shaped very thight compressed dc current...

the currents magnetic field surrounding it leads to the compression...

but as donald scott described his counterrotating currents, i suggest, that the next counterrotating sheet flow drags or pushes the pinch via its magnetic field...

while the cylindrical sheet is distorted to a both sided conical shape in front and behind the pinch...

a duality itself...

Robertus Maximus

Unread post by Robertus Maximus » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:41 pm

hlg wrote:
This obviously points to something other than solar radiation as a cause, that ‘other’ is an electrical discharge, powered by Birkeland currents which form the magnetotail lobes; Earth is essentially in a Bennett pinch. Like a comet, Earth’s magnetotail constantly points in the anti-sunward direction and it is in this direction that Earth sources electrons, in a complex charge exchange process, required to power the global weather/tectonic circuit
today early morning i walked my dog. it was night when i started, the moon and the stars lit the sky and the air was perfectly clear. no air movement detectable. about 10 deg c. i went up a hill and looked down on vienna. the sun rose on the horizon. from the danube a dark cloud of fog zoomed in and creeped up the hill. the bottom of the cloud about 40m above ground, the base touching the tops of not yet in operation high-tension-towers...

i wondered where the energy to move the heavy fog-clouds up the hill, when air stood peffectly still, came from...

now i read your post, and have to say, this makes perfectly sense.

when sun is rising, there must be an electric field, which drags the fog upwards transporting charge up...

do you know if it is electrons (negative charge) surplus in the clouds?
“The Vertical Earth Current Term is used to denote a phenomenon observed chiefly in mountains. According to one interpretation, electric flow in the earth from all sides of a mountain toward the top. No plausible explanation has been proposed, and consequently it has the attraction of a mystery. It is known that when two probes with a connecting wire are set along the slope of a mountain, current usually flows from the lower toward the higher point. The potential decreases with altitude”.

“There is generally an average potential difference of the order of 100 millivolt per km length of the line. This current seems to be more constant and relatively less variable, the steeper the line; its variations do not change in accordance with the terrestrial-magnetic variations, as do the earth-current variations in horizontal lines. But observations on a line extending up the side of Vesuvius revealed that the current, which flows upward during volcanically quiet times, is reversed during times of volcanic activity. At Ben Nevis Observatory in Scotland a strong current which flowed upward when the summit was clear, was reversed when fog or clouds enveloped the summit”.

It is known that within thunderclouds ‘precipitation particles’ move upward in the upper part of the tripole structured cloud, while ‘precipitation particles’ in the lower part of the tripole move downward. In the first case upward moving particles are assumed to move under ‘convection’, whilst in the latter case downward moving particles move under ‘gravity’.

Perhaps, the fog you observed ‘precipitated’ upwards and you witnessed a reversal of current flow as in the above example of Ben Nevis in Scotland.

Robertus Maximus

Unread post by Robertus Maximus » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:07 pm

Northern Hemisphere

The following series of images document changes in the Northern Hemisphere over the past few months. The images are centred on the Greenwich Meridian and recorded within an hour or so of 1500 BST –then later GMT- image dates are formatted: yyyy-mm-dd.

I refer to identified structures as ‘ovals’ to simplify their description and track their motion.

In all images an Equatorial Belt of westward flowing wind- clockwise when viewed from above the North Pole- is present.
2019-09-07
2019-09-07
2019-09-14
2019-09-14
2019-09-21
2019-09-21
2019-09-29
2019-09-29
2019-10-05
2019-10-05
2019-10-12
2019-10-12
2019-10-19
2019-10-19
2019-10-26
2019-10-26
2019-11-02
2019-11-02
2019-11-09
2019-11-09
The Main Polar Oval continues to develop- as Earth approaches perihelion- despite the reduction in solar radiation to high northern latitudes. The Main Polar Oval rotates in an anti or counter-clockwise direction. In the most recent image the Main Polar Oval is accompanied by a smaller clockwise rotating Oval situated over the North Atlantic Ocean.

As previously stated as Earth moves towards perihelion:

Point of Orbit: Perihelion
Hemisphere: Northern (magnetic South)
Air Mass Rotation: Anti-Clockwise
Description: Cyclonic
Positive Charge Direction: Out
Negative Charge Direction: In

Robertus Maximus

Unread post by Robertus Maximus » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:27 pm

Southern Hemisphere

The following series of images document changes in the Southern Hemisphere over the past few months. The images are centred on the Greenwich Meridian and recorded within an hour or so of 1500 BST –later GMT- image dates are formatted: yyyy-mm-dd.

I refer to identified structures as ‘ovals’ to simplify their description and track their motion.
2019-09-07
2019-09-07
2019-09-14
2019-09-14
2019-09-21
2019-09-21
2019-09-29
2019-09-29
Southern Hemisphere 2019-09-29s.jpg (33.93 KiB) Viewed 12988 times
2019-10-05
2019-10-05
Southern Hemisphere 2019-10-05s.jpg (33.24 KiB) Viewed 12988 times
2019-10-12
2019-10-12
Southern Hemisphere 2019-10-12s.jpg (33.7 KiB) Viewed 12988 times
2019-10-19
2019-10-19
2019-10-26
2019-10-26
2019-11-02
2019-11-02
2019-11-09
2019-11-09
Since the Spring Equinox in the Southern Hemisphere the changes have been equally dramatic.
When viewed from above the South Pole the Equatorial Belt of westward flowing wind- rotates anti or counter-clockwise.

In September a deep polar vortex was located over Antarctica (Antarctic Peninsula) this Main Polar Oval rotated clockwise and was accompanied by a smaller anti-clockwise rotating Oval located over the Southern Ocean.

Over the following weeks the Main Polar Oval drifted from only slightly from its initial location, however in late October a weak anti-clockwise rotating Oval formed over the Southern Ocean -longitude 130 degrees- this Oval developed in size gradually usurping the Main Polar Oval which eventually drifted toward Argentina then subsequently faded.

Antarctica is now surrounded by an anti-clockwise rotating Belt (over the Southern Ocean) which encompasses two smaller weak, anti-clockwise rotating Ovals.

The reduction in activity counter-intuitively occurs with increased solar radiation at higher southerly latitudes and as Earth approaches perihelion.

Point of Orbit: Perihelion
Hemisphere: Southern (magnetic North)
Air Mass Rotation: Anti-Clockwise
Description: Anti-Cyclonic
Positive Charge Direction: In
Negative Charge Direction: Out

The activity recorded to date seems to discount solar thermal radiation as a cause of the observed features. The evolution of features in both hemispheres is following the pattern I previously described, based on an electrical interpretation.

I will continue to monitor activity from perihelion to the equinox.

JP Michael

Unread post by JP Michael » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:07 pm

Out of curiosity, is there any influence of the cycles of the moon - apogee and perigee, in addition to full moon/new moon - in relation to these current formations? I also wonder if sun-moon-earth or sun-earth-moon conjunctions have any discernable impact.

I base this information on a piece of Earth in Upheaval, where Velikovsky mentions a theory of Alexis Perry that the earth suffers more volcanism/earthquakes at specific configurations of the sun-earth-moon.[1]

[1] Earth in Upheaval, p.138.

paladin17

Unread post by paladin17 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:01 am

Robertus Maximus wrote:The activity recorded to date seems to discount solar thermal radiation as a cause of the observed features. The evolution of features in both hemispheres is following the pattern I previously described, based on an electrical interpretation.

I will continue to monitor activity from perihelion to the equinox.
Robert, regardless of the hypothesis you use in your observations, you probably should take into account the two sudden stratospheric warmings (SSW) that we've had in this year. One in the northern hemisphere (in early January) and one in the southern (in early September) - see pictures below. These events actually correspond to the reversal of the rotation pattern.
SSW in the north are not so rare, but in the south it was only the 3rd in recorded history (since ~ 1950s). The previous two being in 2002 and 2010. And this year's southern SSW was the strongest one by far.

What's interesting is that the potential difference pattern, characteristic of auroral current systems in general, looks very similar to the pressure pattern during these events.
Plus, as we know, Birkeland currents are stronger in the north in general. And we also know from observations (so-called Burns effect) that the atmospheric pressure correlates with vertical current density (and/or electric potential gradient) in the atmosphere.

So it is quite tempting to assume that:
1) SSW happens when the regular atmospheric circulation gets "overridden" by the auroral current systems;
2) [therefore] SSW in the north are more frequent - since the auroral currents are stronger there;
3) the recent increase in frequency of southern SSW is caused by long-term weakening of the solar activity - and therefore higher cosmic ray flux, higher ionization and stronger currents.

It's not directly related, but I believe that even the recent observation of lightning near the North pole is also caused by the current historical maximum of cosmic ray flux.
ECaXirGXYAAulWY.png
pole10_sh.gif

pils

Unread post by pils » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:08 am

(again) forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong place (newbie) but:

a. what's the relationship between the sun's 11.7 year pole rotation cycle and Jupiter?

b. has anyone created an (approximate) EU Solar System animation/model (sort of) akin to https://www.solarsystemscope.com/?

again, apologies if I'm asking things in the wrong forum sub.
........................................................................................
When I think of something clever to say I'll write it here.

Robertus Maximus

Unread post by Robertus Maximus » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:03 pm

JP Michael wrote:Out of curiosity, is there any influence of the cycles of the moon - apogee and perigee, in addition to full moon/new moon - in relation to these current formations? I also wonder if sun-moon-earth or sun-earth-moon conjunctions have any discernable impact.

I base this information on a piece of Earth in Upheaval, where Velikovsky mentions a theory of Alexis Perry that the earth suffers more volcanism/earthquakes at specific configurations of the sun-earth-moon.[1]

[1] Earth in Upheaval, p.138.
Moon’s pull can trigger big earthquakes:
http://www.geologyin.com/2016/09/moons- ... uakes.html

No it can’t:
https://phys.org/news/2018-01-great-ear ... hases.html

You may want to take take a look at an earlier post of mine:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16534&start=90#p121307

paladin17

Unread post by paladin17 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:50 pm

pils wrote:(again) forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong place (newbie) but:

a. what's the relationship between the sun's 11.7 year pole rotation cycle and Jupiter?

b. has anyone created an (approximate) EU Solar System animation/model (sort of) akin to https://www.solarsystemscope.com/?

again, apologies if I'm asking things in the wrong forum sub.
a) Nobody knows. There have been attempts of explaining the solar cycle through Solar System barycenter motion (which is mostly caused by Jupiter), but they have been (in my opinion) unsuccessful. Yet there are other strange effects with 5.9 year periodicity (half the orbit period of Jupiter) - e.g. see here.

b) An attempt has been made in June of this year, when me and some other guys made this thing (see also here for some additional info). It's working, but unfortunately the development stopped already in July (for the time being at least). I have serious doubts we'll resume it again.
I'm all for it and have already prepared some new things (like IBEX and INCA full-sky ENA maps) that might be implemented at any moment, but the other people on the project aren't quite as enthusiastic, so they keep doing other stuff instead.