Donald Scott: New Evidence of Birkeland Currents

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

jacmac

Donald Scott: New Evidence of Birkeland Currents

Unread post by jacmac » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:33 pm

New Evidence of Birkeland Currents in Earth’s Atmosphere | Space News July 19, 2019

This is an Important discovery by Dr. Scott.

The seasonal changing of the direction of Birkeland currents into and out of our poles should strengthen our understanding of the connection of Birkeland currents and plasma in general with our Earth weather.
The changes from Perihelion(91.4 million miles) to Aphelion(94.5 mm) and back etc, as Dr. Scott shows, no doubt play an important role.

I wish to suggest that the position of the earth above and below the solar equatorial plane might also be important to our understanding of these things. The angle of the earth orbit to the solar equatorial plane is a modest 7.155 degrees.
But, this means that the earth changes from about 11.5 mm above to 11.5 mm below the solar equatorial plane.
These north / south changes are almost always ignored. They could be significant.

These altered positions would effect the heliospheric current sheet crossings, placing the earth in alternating northern and southern solar magnetic fields. This might also influence the Birkeland currents and their flow directions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkOLMEKAdl8
Last edited by nick c on Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: link to video (the subject of this thread) added at end of post

ja7tdo

Re: Donald Scott: Breakthrough – New Evidence of Birkeland

Unread post by ja7tdo » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:50 pm

In the video, Dr. Scott explains the current flow and the air flow in the direction of the magnetic field. So what exactly is the current flow? The solar wind contains protons and electrons. Is the current in the upper atmosphere as protons come and go?

I think there is another possibility. Protons from the solar wind flow into the upper atmosphere and leave the nightside. Isn't it an electrostatic motor?

Another important point is that even if the earth is rotating at 470m/s, almost no wind is blowing on the surface. If the atmosphere is inertial and moving with the surface, mountains and buildings should be propellers that stir the atmosphere. There should be a fierce wind on the surface like Venus.

Metryq

Unread post by Metryq » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:03 am

ja7tdo wrote:Another important point is that even if the earth is rotating at 470m/s, almost no wind is blowing on the surface. If the atmosphere is inertial and moving with the surface, mountains and buildings should be propellers that stir the atmosphere. There should be a fierce wind on the surface like Venus.
Meteorologists tell us that convection is powered by sunlight—warming of air. What if that is true only a small and local scale, while any of the big air movements, such as temperature fronts, hurricanes and tornadoes, are all Birkeland powered?

crawler

Unread post by crawler » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:11 am

Gerald Pollack in books & on youtube says that large scale earth winds are due to EZ water & charge in combination with Earth's spin & sunshine (mainly infrared).

Webbman

Unread post by Webbman » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:18 am

also shouldnt forget that the current cylinders sheaths are in opposition to one another so the effect seen might only be the most external cylinder changing direction.
its all lies.

ja7tdo

Unread post by ja7tdo » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:39 am

Metryq wrote: Meteorologists tell us that convection is powered by sunlight—warming of air. What if that is true only a small and local scale, while any of the big air movements, such as temperature fronts, hurricanes and tornadoes, are all Birkeland powered?
Dr. Scott explains only the Birkeland current of the solar wind, but there is another current source on Earth. It is a large amount of electrons emitted from the inside of Earth.

Dielectric barrier discharge
https://etherealmatters.org/article/die ... -discharge

Electrons originate from olivine in the mantle.
https://etherealmatters.org/article/oli ... -electrons

Sco4444

Unread post by Sco4444 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:56 am

It would suggest that angular relationships affect current flows. Aphelion occurs at maximum Declination South (Flow IN) and Perihelion occurs at Maximum declination North (flow OUT). While Spring and Fall points are Zero declination. This represents angular changes in the Celestial equator system with regard to the Equatorial system.
Recent research taken from SAMPEX found similar season change results. The Dst or disturbance storm time index is a measure of geomagnetic activity used to assess the severity of magnetic storms. When Earth reaches max/min declination on DOY 173 (Summer)/356 (Winter), Dst values reach peaks which means not much geomagnetic activities.
https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com ... 18SW002095

jacmac

Unread post by jacmac » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:30 pm

Declination is the angular distance of the sun north or south of the earth's equator.

sco4444 says:
Aphelion occurs at maximum Declination South (Flow IN) and Perihelion occurs at Maximum declination North (flow OUT). While Spring and Fall points are Zero declination.
As one might expect the solar system is very complicated.
According to Dr. Scott's video,
the winter solstice is Dec 21.
But Perihilion is on Jan 3.
The summer solstice is June 21.
But Aphelion is July 6.
Also, the longitude of perihilion of earth is 102.9 degrees.
and the longitude of earths ascending node is -11.26 degrees.
( I am not sure of the longitude reference here, but it seems like perihilion, the closest the earth gets to the sun, is not the same as 90 degrees from the ascending node, which is when the earth crosses the solar equatorial plane from south to north)

So, the shortest day is not the closest day is not the most distance north of the solar equatorial plane day.

I am reporting these differences to show how complicated the earth orbit is around the sun, not to mention all the other planets. I think we need to take into our calculations more of these details to further an understanding of how our solar system works.

If anyone knows more about the earth ascending node and all that implies .....

Jack

Robertus Maximus

Re: Donald Scott: New Evidence of Birkeland Currents

Unread post by Robertus Maximus » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:08 pm

“The continuous arrival of positively charged cosmic rays on earth suggests that our planet carries and continually renews a strong negative charge. Indeed, experiments performed some years ago by Quinn and Chang (Journal of Geophysical Research, 71, 1966, 253 and 72, 1967, 1611) indicate, in spite of the experimenters' pointed disclaimer, that the earth behaves as a secondary cathode in the solar discharge. By making a magnetized steel sphere the cathode in a laboratory discharge, Quinn and Chang produced miniature Van Allen belts, auroral discharges, and other recognizable "geophysical" effects. I would speculate, therefore, that the earth's negative charge represents that of electrons intercepted on their way to the sun by the earth's tail-like sheath, and that this charge is built up to a point where the earth re-emits electrons into the solar discharge. If so, variations in earth-sun electric currents may be held accountable for such phenomena as geomagnetic disturbances, ionospheric disturbances, high-altitude expansions and contractions of the terrestrial atmosphere, and variations in the cosmic-ray flux reaching the earth.”

Ralph Juergens 1973.

So far I have seen no mention of Earth’s magnetic field. Charged particles moving in the atmosphere will be subjected to the magnetic force which would put a different spin on things.

Birkeland Currents arriving at Earth’s polar regions contain both in and out currents and it’s far from being a simple process: https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com ... 14JA019961

However, Dr Michael Clarage has shown that Earth is steadily acquiring more and more negative charge as suggested by Juergens: http://mclarage.blogspot.com/2017/05/ea ... =timeslide

“This one surprised me. As the days go by there is on average consistently a net positive current flow out of the Earth. Of course my graph here does not take into account any other ways that accumulated charge might dissipate. I am just looking at the current at the poles. And yes, there certainly could be some systematic offset in the satellite data. I am looking into both of those issues. But if we take the data for what it is, that means the Earth has an ongoing removal of positive charge – the net current is up, away from the Earth, and the direction of current is defined as the direction of flow of positive charges. In other words, the Earth is being driven to be negatively charged. The Earth is being driven to lower electrical potential relative to its environment. Which is in agreement with my proposed large scale electrical relation between stars and planets.”

Dr Michael Clarage 2017.

Taking Earth’s magnetic field into account what do observations of high altitude winds tell us?

A South magnetic pole is located in Earth’s Northern hemisphere, likewise, a North magnetic pole is found in Earth’s Southern hemisphere. Charged particles deflected through the respective magnetic fields behave as follows:

Point of Orbit: Perihelion
Hemisphere: Northern (magnetic South)
Air Mass Rotation: Anti-Clockwise
Description: Cyclonic
Positive Charge Direction: Out
Negative Charge Direction: In

Point of Orbit: Perihelion
Hemisphere: Southern (magnetic North)
Air Mass Rotation: Anti-Clockwise
Description: Anti-Cyclonic
Positive Charge Direction: In
Negative Charge Direction: Out

Point of Orbit: Aphelion
Hemisphere: Northern (magnetic South)
Air Mass Rotation: Clockwise
Description: Anti-Cyclonic
Positive Charge Direction: In
Negative Charge Direction: Out

Point of Orbit: Aphelion
Hemisphere: Southern (magnetic North)
Air Mass Rotation: Clockwise
Description: Cyclonic
Positive Charge Direction: Out
Negative Charge Direction: In

From the above tables it can be seen that the most active hemisphere is the hemisphere where negative charge is inbound i.e. Northern hemisphere at perihelion and Southern hemisphere at aphelion.

This was the case in all images featured in the video during the declining period of Solar Cycle 24 (2014, 2016 and 2017). Obviously, the three year time period needs to be extended to rule out or include any Solar Cycle influences- my guess, the above tables will apply in all Solar Cycles what may vary is atmospheric, volcanic and earthquake activity during active/inactive cycles.

Earth intercepts negative charge via its distant magnetotail then re-emits negative charge back into the discharge powering the Sun.

Birkeland Currents point in an anti-Sunward direction to a more electron rich region of the solar system, that’s why we see a progressive increase in wind speeds on Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune with increasing distance from the Sun.

ja7tdo

Unread post by ja7tdo » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:44 pm

There are not many electrons from cosmic rays and solar wind. Most electrons will be supplied from the ground by dielectric barrier discharge. The reason is that the supply of these electrons is an electrostatic motor that rotates the atmosphere near the surface according to rotation.

Because the strong wind accompanying the rotation does not blow on the surface, it is the electron from the mantle.The fact that the rock in the mantle is supplying electrons can be understood from the fact that a large amount of current flows in the magma.

Also, inventor Hutchison is making batteries from rocks. Rocks contain a large amount of electrons.

Sco4444

Unread post by Sco4444 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:14 am

Jac-man wrote “Declination is the angular distance of the sun north or south of the earth's equator.”
1.JPG
Declination, in my opinion, best illustrates amount of time Earth N/S pole spends in Birkland Current (B.C.) stream. The Earth spends a lot more time at 22º /23º Max N/S than it does at either Equinox (0º) periods (Solar Sail effect?). For example (using year 2000 JPL data) Earth entered 22º South DEC for 9 days and 23º for 23 days, before dropping back to 22º for a further 9 days (41days). Turning (Aphelion) 4th July at RA 18º 53, DEC 22º 53’ (day differs year to year). The same thing happens at Perihelion (38 days) which combined (79 days) represents a large proportion of orbital time (21%) spent around Solstices.

In our Solar system all planets have varying axial tilts. In gross terms Uranus (97º) poles are almost directly in Solar stream while Jupiter (3º), Mercury (0º) and Venus (-3º) are almost upright. Also Max. DEC / Aphelion-Perihelion (A/P) relationship vary with planet. Jupiter and Mars, Max. DEC occur mid orbit and not close to A/P as it does with Earth and Saturn. How does this affect planetary B.C. flow?

The Earth / B.C. relationship cannot just be considered in isolation. Dr Scott’s work has focused on what happens with planets (Earth) in Solar system and what happens with Solar system around galaxy. So, in an ideal world we would need to be able to measure B.C. flows (Charge / Current?), in/out of our Solar system and what proportion flows to Earth and the other planets, in order to gain a better overall picture.

Dr Scott’s “concentric circle” analogy of Galactic BC’s relates to Sun’s forward motion and Solar systems forward pitch angle must influence the Sun’s ability to harvest Galactic B.C. “current” in order to re-distribute to planets. (The Solar system currently lies at 60º to galactic plane, should this angle change what would that mean for B.C. In-flow to Sun?)(see diag)

Dr Scott’s Birkland current models, suggest a dynamic Galactic, Solar and Planetary loop in which the “closed Ellipse” concept of planetary orbits rather than the helical structure, is now limiting our understanding of energy flows?
Attachments
Helix.JPG

Robertus Maximus

Unread post by Robertus Maximus » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:13 am

Snapshots of the Northern and Southern hemisphere high altitude winds taken: 2019 September 07.
Northern Hemisphere
Northern Hemisphere
Southern Hemisphere
Southern Hemisphere
Where is the Northern Hemisphere Birkeland current?

Approaching Autumn Equinox (Northern Hemisphere) we see a band of westward flowing wind in the tropics. At sea-level we find hurricanes and cyclones.

Over the coming weeks I will be following developments closely.

Tansi

Unread post by Tansi » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:57 pm

Hello,

I find this thread very intriguing as I have started following hurricane meterologists online over the past few years.

I have learned a lot and still have much to learn but I have a sense that something is missing in the understanding of weather - basically the electric component - and of course, if a main feature of 'why' or 'how' something happens is missing then the predictions are limited and so is our understanding.

Something was mentioned in this thread on July 22 -
Meteorologists tell us that convection is powered by sunlight—warming of air. What if that is true only a small and local scale, while any of the big air movements, such as temperature fronts, hurricanes and tornadoes, are all Birkeland powered?
With the most recent hurricane, Dorian, I noticed that in the early stages after it was officially a hurricane, it would strengthen over night. I would check the NHC speed/pressure etc before sleeping then wake up and find that Dorian had strengthened. From my little bit of knowledge I understood that, because of the heat of the sea and sun being the things that strengthened a hurricane - hurricanes stay the same or get weaker generally speaking overnight.

That has been the pattern for the past few years that I have followed the hurricanes but not with Dorian - so it got me thinking - what else could be powering it? And for that this thread is very interesting. If hurricanes are connected or fed by electricity somehow - then how? The Birkland currents? or something else? (confession - I haven't read or understood this whole thread but I will continue to make the attempt -if that question has been answered already just point me in the right direction to the posts Thank you :D )

I've also posted a question about hurricanes/ the Bermuda Triangle (a woo woo mystery perhaps!) - and Saturn's hexagon - perhaps people who know a bit more about this electric universe of ours would like to add some insight there!

In any case I hope to see further updates and thoughts here as I am quite fascinated by weather and hurricanes - and the input of electric universe to all of that. It just makes sense . . .

Robertus Maximus

Unread post by Robertus Maximus » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:39 am

Tansi wrote:
With the most recent hurricane, Dorian, I noticed that in the early stages after it was officially a hurricane, it would strengthen over night. I would check the NHC speed/pressure etc before sleeping then wake up and find that Dorian had strengthened. From my little bit of knowledge I understood that, because of the heat of the sea and sun being the things that strengthened a hurricane - hurricanes stay the same or get weaker generally speaking overnight.
Tansi,

I found your observation that hurricane Dorian strengthened overnight to be of interest. Of course this runs counter to what we are conventionally told about the weather in general and storms in particular.

The following views are my own; the genesis of tropical cyclones occurs during night-time, we see a similar pattern with tectonic activity i.e. volcanic eruptions and earthquakes which preferentially occur during night-time, with a general increase in activity during solar minimum.

This obviously points to something other than solar radiation as a cause, that ‘other’ is an electrical discharge, powered by Birkeland currents which form the magnetotail lobes; Earth is essentially in a Bennett pinch. Like a comet, Earth’s magnetotail constantly points in the anti-sunward direction and it is in this direction that Earth sources electrons, in a complex charge exchange process, required to power the global weather/tectonic circuit.

Conventional meteorology/geology adopt a ‘bottom up’ approach, I disagree what is required is a ‘top down’ approach, i.e. Earth’s environment shapes Earth’s meteorological/geological characteristics.

Care should be taken when we project what we ‘know’ about earthly weather onto other planets. As I see cyclones and anti-cyclones as electrical phenomena we need to take Earth’s electrical environment into account- for example: Jupiter’s Great Red Spot is generally considered to be an anti-cyclonic feature- it isn’t. Jupiter’s (and Saturn’s) magnetic polarity is reversed with respect to Earth’s magnetic polarity, consequently a hurricane in Earth’s northern hemisphere is cyclonic in nature- as is the Great Red Spot in Jupiter’s southern hemisphere.

hlg

Unread post by hlg » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:37 am

This obviously points to something other than solar radiation as a cause, that ‘other’ is an electrical discharge, powered by Birkeland currents which form the magnetotail lobes; Earth is essentially in a Bennett pinch. Like a comet, Earth’s magnetotail constantly points in the anti-sunward direction and it is in this direction that Earth sources electrons, in a complex charge exchange process, required to power the global weather/tectonic circuit
today early morning i walked my dog. it was night when i started, the moon and the stars lit the sky and the air was perfectly clear. no air movement detectable. about 10 deg c. i went up a hill and looked down on vienna. the sun rose on the horizon. from the danube a dark cloud of fog zoomed in and creeped up the hill. the bottom of the cloud about 40m above ground, the base touching the tops of not yet in operation high-tension-towers...

i wondered where the energy to move the heavy fog-clouds up the hill, when air stood peffectly still, came from...

now i read your post, and have to say, this makes perfectly sense.

when sun is rising, there must be an electric field, which drags the fog upwards transporting charge up...

do you know if it is electrons (negative charge) surplus in the clouds?