Lightning

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

bboyer

Re: Recovered: Positive Lightning

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:30 am

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:20 am Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "redeye"

I watched a documentary on the discovery channel last night regarding "megalightning". It was amazing, apart from a pat explanation of lightning involving water molecules and ice, it mostly concerned sprites.

The scientists featured on the show had been hunting down sprites and had some amazing footage showing these sprite discharges running along the top of storm clouds with corresponding positive strokes to the ground. They pointed out that this energy seems to come from the ionosphere and even finished with NASA admitting that Columbia was brought down by a lightning bolt (although the various NASA guys seemed to be using this as a convenient method of dodging any blame....the primary objective of the mission was to study upper atmospheric discharges and they were aware of the energetic activity from the sun)!

It was like entering the twilight zone.
There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought. Let one's mind and one's subtle body rest upon that and not rest on anything else. [---][/---] Maitri Upanishad

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:31 am

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "mgmirkin"

[quote"redeye"]
I watched a documentary on the discovery channel last night regarding "megalightning". It was amazing, apart from a pat explanation of lightning involving water molecules and ice, it mostly concerned sprites.

The scientists featured on the show had been hunting down sprites and had some amazing footage showing these sprite discharges running along the top of storm clouds with corresponding positive strokes to the ground. They pointed out that this energy seems to come from the ionosphere and even finished with NASA admitting that Columbia was brought down by a lightning bolt (although the various NASA guys seemed to be using this as a convenient method of dodging any blame....the primary objective of the mission was to study upper atmospheric discharges and they were aware of the energetic activity from the sun)!

It was like entering the twilight zone.[/quote]

Do you happen to have the name of the documentary, time it was on, etc?

I'd be interested in seeing it. Especially if they actually acknowledge Columbia was downed by megalightning... Which they and just about everyone have denied ever since the event, attributing the "purple spiral" photo to "camera shake," despite the fact nothing else in frame "shook" (including the plasma trail of the shuttle itself), and it appeared to join with the trail and brighten the trail after the intersection (not before).

Interesting,
~Michael Gmirkin
There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought. Let one's mind and one's subtle body rest upon that and not rest on anything else. [---][/---] Maitri Upanishad

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:32 am

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "mgmirkin"

Just ran across this site while searching for the documentary:

http://daysaheadnews.com/science/Columbiashuttle.html

Interesting if only for the images, and the fact that one of the later links references the thunderbolts.info TPOD on the subject.

Some of the odd religious snippets seem really out of place in the otherwise moderately sensible article. But, what can you do?

~Michael Gmirkin

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:33 am

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:52 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "nick c"
They pointed out that this energy seems to come from the ionosphere and even finished with NASA admitting that Columbia was brought down by a lightning bolt
Is that what they said? If true, that is a "big news" admission by NASA!

Also, with regard to:

An interesting article, however, the biblical references, which seem to come out of nowhere, ruin what would otherwise be a nice report. The writers obviously have their own agenda.

Nick

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:35 am

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "mgmirkin"
nick c wrote:
They pointed out that this energy seems to come from the ionosphere and even finished with NASA admitting that Columbia was brought down by a lightning bolt
Is that what they said? If true, that is a "big news" admission by NASA!

Also, with regard to:

An interesting article, however, the biblical references, which seem to come out of nowhere, ruin what would otherwise be a nice report. The writers obviously have their own agenda.

Nick
As I said. ;o]

Anywho, I'd be interested to see that documentary. Need to look up the TV listings and see what was on, then see if it's available on DVD somewhere, sometime soon.

Cheers,
~Michael Gmirkin

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:37 am

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "mgmirkin"

Found it...

Discovery's UK branch...

1-2-2008 Listings

4:40, at the bottom.

Secrets of Megalightning, The.
The description wrote: Was megalightning responsible for the shuttle Columbia's disaster? How much do we know about it, and is it vital for the safety of future flights?
~Michael Gmirkin

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:38 am

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "starbiter"

this seems interesting http://www.offthefence.com/content/programme.php?ID=110

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:03 am

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:17 pm Post subject: BAUTforum maintains its usual standards (none). Reply with quote
OP "mgmirkin"

As usual, the people over at BAUTforum are acting like ignorant, illiterate [types]:

The secrets of Megalightning (On BAUT)

Quelle surprise! Okay, not so much of a surprise. They really are ignorant of electrical goings on in the ionosphere, aren't they?

(Happened to run across the BAUT thread on the program whilst searching for the program itself via Google.) I suppose I should be happy they banned me, if the first 5-10 responses are typical of that forum's membership...
Mickal555 wrote: I don't know- it seems so stupid how on earth could this get to air. It wouldn't be allowed on free-to-air Confused . Any the discovery chanell is supposed to be about science! Whats going on.
First off, it's the Discovery Channel. Second off, since when are dissenting opinions disallowed from science? Ohh, right, when it ceases to be science and becomes a [modern / "space age"] religion (not that I have anything against religion, simply that science relies on facts, figures and logical debate rather than articles of ...). Let us not question our faith!

It got to air because the Discovery Channel felt that it adds to the scientific discussion of atmospheric processes that may be of interest to those going to and returning from space (not to mention the public at large; who isn't fascinated by giant bolts of electricity to/from space??). We cannot AFFORD to put our heads in the sand when it comes to the safety of passengers, crew and equipment of spacecraft. We should not knowingly (or unknowingly, if we refuse to heed calls for further investigation) be putting our resources (personnel and equipment) in harm's way, nor risking taxpayer investments carelessly / cluelessly.
tracer wrote: Perhaps the maga-lightning was caused by the same "super storm" that destroyed the Roman Colosseum in The Core.

NASA is covering it up because they don't want the populace to learn that the Earth's magnetic field is collapsing and we're all going to be fried by killer microwave beams from space.

An overt appeal to ridicule and a Straw Man argument.
hewhocaves wrote: pfffttt... Rolling Eyes

compasses have been "positively charged" for years now. Out of work psychics implant engrams into their molecular structure so the dilithium crystals don't get phased out by inbound neutrinos.

Oops... i think i cross-pollinated my technobabble.

John
More appeal to ridicule and Straw Man arguments.

Nothing but incredulity, and sarcasm. Not a whit of scientific thought or discussion amongst the bunch. It amounts to "I've never heard of such a thing, so it must be garbage!"

Argument from ignorance is not a valid argumentation technique. Nor is Appeal to Emotion (nor its subset Appeal to Ridicule). All of he above seem to be typical of responses on BAUTforum, unfortunately. They're not doing anything approximating science. They're doing pseudoscience and using pseudo-skepticism.

Here, let me inform them...

From the slightly offbeat page referenced in a prior post (ignoring their religious ramblings), let me quote an image denoting the various electrical discharges now known to occur in the atmosphere / ionosphere (from "The Electric Universe" monograph, though I'm not sure the original source):
TypesOfLightning.png
Along with the prior (slightly less detailed image from the thunderbolts TPOD):
BlueJetsRedSpritesELVEs.jpg
And, might as well throw in a reference to the image(s) from the Canadian Forestry Service (appropriately titling the Earth and surrounds "Electrosphere"; hmm, I wonder if the sun has an "electrosphere" too? :roll: ):
Electrosphere.jpg
EarthCircuit.jpg
And, lest we forget, there was also NASA's recent release regarding THEMIS data:

[url="http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/themi ... ights.html]Press Release[/url]
Multimedia
BatteryInSpace30kV.jpg
As one can rather plainly see, there are atmospheric circuits and, along those circuits, discharges can and do occur (in many forms). Likewise, the Earth is not a "closed" system, it receives electrical input from the sun along flux ropes. Truly, the sun powers our planet's energetic processes in more ways than we had realized.

Cheers,
~Michael Gmirkin

Last edited by mgmirkin on Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:53 am; edited 1 time in total

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:05 am

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "mgmirkin"
starbiter wrote: this seems interesting http://www.offthefence.com/content/programme.php?ID=110
Quite right! That does look interesting. Seems to share a name with the program aired on UK Discovery Science: "The Secrets of Megalightning."

Don't know if that means it's the same program (just got aired on Discovery Science) or different program by the same name?

If one clicks to login or register, one finds out that this feature is reserved for people "in broadcasting" and not the general public. Darn them!

Cheers,
~Michael Gmirkin

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:06 am

Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:24 am Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "redeye"

"The Secrets of Megalightning."
It's a really good, fact based documentary. There doesn't seem to be so many good documentaries being made now. We used to be renowned for them in Britain but they appear to have been dropped in favour of docudramas, with loads of expensive special effects. "Walking with dinosaurs" was cool but it was pretty speculative.

The documentary also showed footage of meteors entering the upper atmosphere, causing discharges down through the plasma plumes left in their wake.

Mainstream scientists have a way of ignoring stuff like this as it is beyond explanation by mainstream science. They can't ignore this one though. It poses a major threat to anything traveling through the atmosphere.

Cheers!

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:08 am

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:56 am Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "mgmirkin"
redeye wrote: "The Secrets of Megalightning."
It's a really good, fact based documentary. There doesn't seem to be so many good documentaries being made now. We used to be renowned for them in Britain but they appear to have been dropped in favour of docudramas, with loads of expensive special effects. "Walking with dinosaurs" was cool but it was pretty speculative.

The documentary also showed footage of meteors entering the upper atmosphere, causing discharges down through the plasma plumes left in their wake.

Mainstream scientists have a way of ignoring stuff like this as it is beyond explanation by mainstream science. They can't ignore this one though. It poses a major threat to anything traveling through the atmosphere.

Cheers!
Suddenly, I really want to see this! So, have they been copying down notes from the Electric Universe and TPODs for this thing?
:shock:

Cool! Does it also show them arcing over, otherwise discharging, being eroded or fissioning electrically? I'm guessing they didn't go quite that far into the esoterica...

~Michael Gmirkin

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:10 am

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:00 am Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "junglelord"

Watch this video on Tesla and Megalightning and HAARP and the Russian Woodpecker. When it turned off strange electric effects on generators were noted and NYC was plunged into darkness.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_O0hD5n ... re=related

Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality. But there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real, but not as brightly lit... a Darkside."

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:13 am

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:53 am Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "redeye"
Cool! Does it also show them arcing over, otherwise discharging, being eroded or fissioning electrically? I'm guessing they didn't go quite that far into the esoterica...
Unfortunately the video was at great range and not much was visible. It was shot from Columbia, part of the small percentage of information that was beamed back to earth before Columbia broke up.

I tried googling megalightning and got a number of hits where this topic was discussed on mainstream forums. Columbia was up there investigating this very phenomena and still these sheep can't accept that there might be more going on in the atmosphere than mainstream theories predict. Some of the contributers actually sounded a little scared!
So, have they been copying down notes from the Electric Universe and TPODs for this thing?
You might be onto something there. When I googled for this subject the Thunderbolts forum seemed to be the only place where there is an open minded discussion of this subject.

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:15 am

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "nucat"

How about this,

SUN(+) -> ( + Earth Layer 1 - ) -> ( + Clouds Layer -) -> ( + Earth Surface - ) -> ( + Earth Insulation Layer - ) -> ( + Center - ) -> (- Negative discharge path)

Sorry but very layman here and details very sketchy (as I’m sure you can tell lol)

Anyway here is the idea:

The above represents the main flow and discharge path.

From the sun to the most negative point of the earth.. (which would be where?)

Lightning in this path is the Positive Strong Lightning that shows itself emanating from above (on top) of the clouds.

I ponder that when it discharges, it discharges across an insulation layer to a destination deeper within the earth.

Negative lightning on the other hand, develops as a capacitor between the surface layer and the clouds.. in effect charging the cloud/upper atmosphere until it reaches a high enough potential to arc through the insulation layer of the earth?

Just throwing it out there!

If the upper atmosphere (just above the clouds) voltage can be measured, the voltage should show spiked increases (the neg lightning) with sharp drops... the positive lightning discharge.

Im new to all this but that's what my brain conived :)

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:18 am

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "biknewb"
nutcat wrote: How about this,

SUN(+) -> ( + Earth Layer 1 - ) -> ( + Clouds Layer -) -> ( + Earth Surface - ) -> ( + Earth Insulation Layer - ) -> ( + Center - ) -> (- Negative discharge path)
Hello nutcat.

Welcome
Your brain is on the right track, whatever this coniving business is ;)

I've got some big kites. Maybe we can go fly them sometime to measure the voltage above the clouds... Bring along rubber gloves...

regards