Massive Metal 'Anomaly' found under the Moon's South Pole

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

shadowmane

Massive Metal 'Anomaly' found under the Moon's South Pole

Unread post by shadowmane » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:55 am

What do we make of this one? What would draw that mass of metal to the Moon's southern pole? I know it has nothing to do with a meteor strike, but I can't hypothesize what could draw all of that metal to the Moon's southern pole.
Last edited by nick c on Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spelling correction to thread title

Aardwolf

Re: Massive Metal 'Anomoly' found under the Moon's South Pol

Unread post by Aardwolf » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:21 am

shadowmane wrote:What do we make of this one? What would draw that mass of metal to the Moon's southern pole? I know it has nothing to do with a meteor strike, but I can't hypothesize what could draw all of that metal to the Moon's southern pole.
Only if you want to believe it's metal.

It's just a gravity anomaly they can't explain and I don't trust their estmations of density based on graivity anyway. The moon is not 60% of the density of Earth. It's solid rock just like every other planet/moon/asteroid/comet etc.

Cargo

Re: Massive Metal 'Anomaly' found under the Moon's South Pol

Unread post by Cargo » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:24 pm

How are they detecting/measuring this 'gravity'?
interstellar filaments conducted electricity having currents as high as 10 thousand billion amperes

Aardwolf

Unread post by Aardwolf » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:16 am

Cargo wrote:How are they detecting/measuring this 'gravity'?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GRAIL

Cargo

Unread post by Cargo » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:05 pm

Ahha. Thanks. "a two-way, K-band microwave-ranging link between them. Fine distance measurements are made by comparing frequency shifts of the link".
interstellar filaments conducted electricity having currents as high as 10 thousand billion amperes

A_D_E

Unread post by A_D_E » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:50 am

I've done zero research on why the moon is in synchronous orbit with the earth, but could this eccentric density to the dark side be a reason?

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:28 pm

A.D.E wrote:I've done zero research on why the moon is in synchronous orbit with the earth, but could this eccentric density to the dark side be a reason?
The conventional explanation (and I never heard any dispute of that) is tidal locking. The Moon is not of a homogeneous composition nor is it a perfect sphere so one side gets pulled toward the Earth. There are many satellites in the Solar System similarly tidally locked to their primary. In effect the Moon's rotation and revolution are equal, giving the appearance to not be rotating as seen from Earth and from the Moon the Earth would appear to remain stationary (with slight variation) in the sky while it goes through phases.

As was mentioned earlier in this thread (by Aardwolf) I tend to think that this is probably a gravity anomaly. (Not to be confused with a "gravitational anomaly.")
Wikipedia wrote:A gravity anomaly is the difference between the observed acceleration of free fall, or gravity, on a planet's surface, and the corresponding value predicted from a model of the planet's gravity field.

hlg

Unread post by hlg » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:49 am

i am guessing, but in the electric model an uneven electric conductivity will do a perfect job in locking the moon in earths aequatorial current plane to the sun. current entering earth at the poles and leaving at the circumference would give a perfect unipolar engine...

big objects like the moon would experience a drop in the density of this plasma current, since one side is nearer than the other...

if there is a current loving structure from the side facing us to the dark side that would brake any rotation in respect to the earth with far more power than eccentric mass distribution would do...

and perhaps it could explain the flood cycles better than any other model...

of course i am only guessing, because i could never do the math to this problem...