Electric Weather

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

rkm
Site Admin

Re: Climate variation & Birkeland currents

Unread post by rkm » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:29 pm

compared to the overall current-sheet flow, the planets are tiny ripples. It's like you're saying that a pebble in a stream can cause the stream to change direction.

Maol

Unread post by Maol » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:51 pm

Are you not familiar with a Wheatstone bridge? The overall current flow does not change direction, only the portion shunted across the bridge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheatstone_bridge

neilwilkes

Unread post by neilwilkes » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:47 am

Maol wrote:Are you not familiar with a Wheatstone bridge? The overall current flow does not change direction, only the portion shunted across the bridge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheatstone_bridge
Very interesting thread - wouldn't it be grand if someone could work out a theoretical solar system circuit?
The Wheatstone Bridge concept could be a large step in the right direction to getting conclusive evidence of the solar circuitry because the variations on the idea can be used to work out so much useful stuff - Capacitance for one (I still sometimes think of the Earth more as a capacitor than a resistor)
You will never get a man to understand something his salary depends on him not understanding.

Maol

Unread post by Maol » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:43 am

Resistance, capacitance and inductance are everywhere, we're surrounded, there is no escape, no respite. 8-)

rkm
Site Admin

Unread post by rkm » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:37 am

Fascinating comments, but is anyone interested in the point of the original post, which was about cosmic influence on climate?

Maol

Unread post by Maol » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:44 am

The potential seems obvious to me. (pun intended) :)

I don't know how to offer proof but I see the viability of the hypothesis.

rkm
Site Admin

Unread post by rkm » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:42 pm

yes, it seems obvious to me as well, but it doesn't seem to be part of the EU model, and I think it's a rather significant concept. Too bad the EU leaders don't seem to pay attention to our humble forum.

Maol

Unread post by Maol » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:41 am

Indeed, a connect-the-dots moment.

http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpB ... 3&p=100374
Rossim wrote:http://sci.esa.int/cassini-huygens/5477 ... tron-beam/

"CASSINI CAUGHT IN HYPERION'S ELECTRON BEAM"

Some highlights:
The new analysis of the data shows that Cassini was magnetically connected to the surface of Hyperion for a brief period, which enabled it to be bathed in a beam of electrons coming from the moon's surface.
The Cassini data show that a similar process can take place on Hyperion. Due to its interaction with solar UV light and charged particles from Saturn's magnetosphere, the moon's surface may acquire a net electric charge. This is precisely what was found by Cassini's instruments.
Analysis of the CAPS-ELS data indicates that it remotely detected a strongly negative surface potential (-200 volts) on Hyperion, consistent with the predicted electrostatic charge in regions near the moon's terminator – the day-night boundary.
"The large difference in potential between the surface and the spacecraft resulted in a flow of electrons being accelerated from Hyperion toward Cassini," said Tom Nordheim. "It was rather like Cassini receiving a 200 volt electric shock from Hyperion, even though they were over 2000 km apart at the time."
And the beginning of that connect-the-dots moment:
"Our observations show that this is also an important effect at outer planet moons and that we need to take this into account when studying how these moons interact with their environment."

ElecGeekMom

Unread post by ElecGeekMom » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:53 pm

rkm wrote:Fascinating comments, but is anyone interested in the point of the original post, which was about cosmic influence on climate?
I am very interested in the influence of cosmic phenomena on climate. And not just climate in terms of weather, but also in terms of earthquakes.

In mid-March I began creating a daily index of earthquakes in Oklahoma as listed on the Leonard Geophysical Survey web site, not alone, but in combination with the X ray flux and K index from the Spaceweather site, and official local weather records from the NOAA site, as well as other notable weather events or cosmic events.

Actually, I'd like to bring the hour-by-hour variations as recorded on the (what is it?) Weather Underground? site. Sometimes it looks like EQs take place at the same time as the wind/pressure/temperature shifts. Of course, you have to be looking at a relatively small area to make that judgment.

So far, I'm just doing it all by hand, so I can get a handle on the magnitude of the variations and such. Eventually, I plan to move it to a database and bring more historical data together. Someone suggested doing some SAS analysis on the data. I expect that's a reasonable thing to do.

It would probably make more sense to do this kind of thing with the entire planetary EQ list, but I decided to start small. I suspect that once I move it to the database, it wouldn't be very hard to expand the scope to planet-wide.

I must be up front and say that I don't really know what I'm doing, weather-wise and statistics-wise, but I massage data every day for a living. I began this project as a way to deal with alarmism when random people proclaim that there have NEVER BEEN so many EQs in Oklahoma as there were "today" (whenever "today" happens to be). So far, they're always wrong. And my index only goes back to mid-March! :lol:

I'm pretty sure a person could match up Spaceweather indexes with hurricane and/or earthquake events and find an interesting pattern. Heck! Maybe someone has already done that and I just haven't come across it yet. I mean, when we get things like a major X flare right before Hurricane Katrina, and we had a major flare earlier this week and now there's Hurricane Gonzalo in the news. Or, contrarily, after the downshift in solar activity in 2008 or so, and thereafter the yearly hurricane predictions were sadly out-of-bounds (too high).

I have no trouble believing there's a connection between solar and even cosmic events, and planetary weather.

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:38 am

I have no trouble believing there's a connection between solar and even cosmic events, and planetary weather.
Back in 2008, NASA anounced a 4D ionosphere viewing tool that worked with Google Earth, and I had great hopes that we would be able to see the effects of Solar flares or CMEs, in almost real time. It did function for a short while, and then it was just dropped it seems. I think I remember reading that it became a for-profit, commercial service, but the NASA page doesn't mention anything.

Explore the Ionosphere (from the safety of your own home)
http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/sc ... onosphere/
3 minute video from the page:
http://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/vis/a010000/a0 ... 20x240.mp4

By now I imagine the data has greater resolution and is closer to real time, but I haven't found any more information.
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

rkm
Site Admin

Unread post by rkm » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:37 pm

I've seen lots of evidence, including EU material, which indicates that earthquakes can be caused by a large voltage potential between the ionosphere and the surface, due to the effect on telluric currents.

jacmac

Unread post by jacmac » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:21 am

rkm,
I just saw this topic. Would you say where this part of your post is from please.
3) A fraction of the current enters the Corona at the poles.
4) Only a fixed amount of that fraction reaches the Sun's surface, causing arc discharge.
3) The rest flows out over the equatorial current sheet.)
thank you,
jack

upriver

100,000 year power pulses...

Unread post by upriver » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:18 pm

100,000 year power pulses...

The climate data looks like a sawtooth oscillator output. Does this reflect the timing of the power pulses that come down the filament that the solar system resides in, or the frequency that the sun is attuned to?

MattEU

Re: 100,000 year power pulses...

Unread post by MattEU » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:26 am

whats the source for the dating and the data?

JHL

Re: 100,000 year power pulses...

Unread post by JHL » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:37 am