Electric sand and sandstorms

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

GaryN

Re: Sahara sands make Earth glow orange

Unread post by GaryN » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:41 am

MattEU wrote:Gary, is this sort of thing mentioned in your EU book being published soon about the possible extraterrestrial origin of our planets sands?
You got the wrong Gary! All the gravel, sand and loess in my model were stripped off the surface by strong electric fields, and blown around by ionic winds.
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

MattEU

Unread post by MattEU » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:53 pm

Not the Gary whose book on the the origin of the sahara desert sand is available for pre order from Troubador or Amazon?

The other Gary with the electric erosion as shown in Billy Yelverton’ videos that seems to explain the shapes of buttes, buttes in Monument Valley and table top mountains?

Have you got any links to more of your stuff on this sort of erosion ideas?

And I wont talk off topic again :)

comingfrom

Unread post by comingfrom » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:47 am

Couldn't find the link to the "accompanying text" that comingfrom mentioned
In the first line of the original post.
The link works ok when I try it.
How was the image captured?
Quote from the article.
"NASA astronaut Reid Wiseman captured this image from the International Space Station and posted it to social media on Sept. 28, 2014, writing, "The Milky Way steals the show from Sahara sands that make the Earth glow orange.""

Sounds like he used his iPhone.
Still, NASA thought it was worth blogging.

~Paul

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:35 am

In the first line of the original post.

sorry'bouthat, missed the Gemini blue on the robin egg background :?

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:08 am

Billy Yelverton’ videos
Such simple experiments showing clear similarities with geological formations, imagine what well funded experiments could produce. The addition of modulation or pulsing of the currents would likely show other recognisable effects. I'd like to see an experiment with a slab of sandstone that would show grains being plucked from the surface, how strong would the electric field need to be?
Have you got any links to more of your stuff on this sort of erosion ideas?
I'll look through my photo collection. I think some of the sandstone ocean front formations probably show the erosion process most clearly.

Such features are supposed to support the idea of Vancouver Island 'rebounding' after the glaciers retreated, but to me demonstrate just one aspect of the whole coast having been electrically machined.
And I wont talk off topic again
I'm not the OP, but I don't think he'll mind too much. :D
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

Roshi

Sand struck by lightning

Unread post by Roshi » Thu May 26, 2016 3:21 am

So - if Earth was struck by interplanetary lightning in the past, we should find areas of melted sand.

Maybe this, was not caused by "ancient nuclear weapons" or "meteorite impacts":
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ancie ... mic_01.htm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tektite
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libyan_desert_glass
Libyan desert glass (LDG), or great sand sea glass is a substance found in areas in the Libyan Desert. Fragments of desert glass can be found over large areas, up to tens of kilometers.
What about Mars? Did they find any glass there?
http://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa- ... ce-of-mars

Brigit Bara

Re: Sand struck by lightning

Unread post by Brigit Bara » Mon May 30, 2016 5:05 pm

Roshi says,
So - if Earth was struck by interplanetary lightning in the past, we should find areas of melted sand. Maybe this...was not caused by "ancient nuclear weapons" or "meteorite impacts"
Glassified sand in the POTD
by Stephen Smith

Mohenjo Daro
May 08, 2013

Some have suggested ancient technology glassified these Indus Valley ruins but electricity is a more plausible explanation.

Mesopotamia and the Fertile Crescent region are thought to be the “birthplace” of civilization and the central focus for human culture dating back to the beginning of recorded history. No one knows for sure just how old the generalized composite that we call “society” really is – both because of archeological deficiencies and because of radiometric disconformity – but one of the oldest sites is located in the Indus Valley of Pakistan and appears to date from around 3000-2500 BCE.

There are many ways to date ancient artifacts and there are just as many ways to interpret the results from those techniques. It is not the purpose of this paper to address the difficulties inherent with using carbon 14, tree-rings, stratigraphic distribution, or any other methodology when attempting to place artifacts or habitations within a chronological sequence. Other articles have addressed those issues, as well as previous Picture of the Day discussions about radioactive decay rates and how external, ionizing sources can change isotope ratios.

There is one intriguing aspect to Mohenjo-Daro that sets it apart from most ancient ruins. It is the one anomaly among several at the site that has caused some researchers to suggest that there might have been forces unleashed in the past that are comparable to modern weapons. Walls, pottery and other items found in the city have been turned into a kind of ceramic glass, indicating that they were exposed to thermal energy equivalent to 1500 Celsius. Evidence of ionizing radiation has also been found in some burial sites....

What could account for fields of broken glass shards like those in Egypt, large sheets of glass like “Darwin glass” from Australia, and the fused pottery and melted ramparts of Mohenjo-Daro? In all these cases, it was probably gigantic plasma discharges in the form of lightning bolts and electric arcs that melted the ruins and fused the soils into glass. The timeframe is probably impossible to determine with any accuracy at this late date, but it seems evident that humanity had reached a high level of sophistication before being exposed to these cataclysmic events.

Stephen Smith

https://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/2013/0 ... enjo-daro/
“Oh for shame, how these mortals put the blame upon us gods, for they say evils come from us, when it is they rather who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given…”
~Homer