The Electric Earth

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

PersianPaladin

Re: Cigar-shaped UFO's - Plasma "pinches" in the sky?

Unread post by PersianPaladin » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:39 pm

Doctor Zordirz wrote:Your blog article is nothing short of brilliant...
but, like you said, one must be very careful. I can't prove it but IMO that video is a fake (CGI) and so are all of the videos by "xxxdonutzxxx." He has nothing but UFO vids uploaded and so far all of the ones I have seen range from questionable to just plain insulting- for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeMOIkg-rlg&feature=plcp (skip to 2:00 if the first part isn't fake enough)

The one you posted is almost believable (the glow on the main object looks fabricated) until you look at his other stuff. I am convinced this guy is a hoaxer.

I don't claim to be an expert but the inordinate amount of time I have spent/wasted analyzing UFO videos has made me extremely critical. :geek:
Yup, he's a very good hoaxer and he seems to have used a pretty good FX program to boot. Well spotted there.

The reason I chose eye-witness accounts to go with the pictures on my article was to help verify the context in which the photographs were taken. But you can never be sure these days - especially with all the technology available.

Still, the best researchers are humble - admit mistakes, and learn from them.

cigarshaped

Re: Cigar-shaped UFO's - Plasma "pinches" in the sky?

Unread post by cigarshaped » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:01 am

I must be in a very small minority who have seen a solid 'cigar-shaped UFO'. There must be dozens of plasma forms that approximate to a certain degree. What I saw was either metal or very shiny composite material. Estimated to reach 1000ft in length and be capable of intergalactic flight (by assumption only). It has commonly been seen disgorging smaller disk-shaped craft and hence earned its title 'Mother ship'.

A warm summer evening in 1965, when supposed to be homeworking, I glanced out to the South East and spotted a bright point of light at high altitude. With the aid of a 32x telescope and a coathanger I got a reasonable steady image of a metallic cigar-tube shaped craft stationery in the clear blue sky. All hell broke loose as I invited all the family members and visiting friends to grab a view of IT, while it hovered, tilting gradually away from the vertical. Half an hour later and it had tilted its axis to be in line with us, and thus became too small a target to locate.

The newspapers and TV news found us and interviewed my mother. We became a part of 'The Warminster Mystery' by Arthur Shuttlewood, local journo. And we all realised that there must be some truth in some of those reports circulating in the 60s. It leaves me with no doubt that an intelligent civilisation has constructed and piloted this enormous craft, from who-knows-where. At our present rate of progress we will never achieve such a vehicle, mainly because the EU has not been accepted by the mainstream. Who knows what the Area 51 guys are doing in reverse-engineering the supposedly downed craft, at least 9 so far, by some accounts.

If I went out on a limb, probably off-Subject, these craft have probably been visiting Earth for at least 3000 years. If the Old Testament 'clouds', 'pillars of smoke/ fire', etc are anything to go by. I would not be suprised if they are associated with plasma discharges themselves, if the solar system's electricity provides their power source. If only we could tap in to their technology... but it's free power. Damn not commercial enough, never get made! :mrgreen:

justcurious

Polar Vortex Split

Unread post by justcurious » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:29 pm

Apparently the extreme temperature fluctuations we had lately would be related to the polar vortex breaking down and splitting in two.
Last Sunday morning we had thunder in the Montreal/Canada area, we never get this in winter (although we did have some warm days). It was early in the morning and by the early evening the temperature dropped around 20 degrees celsius. Apparently the polar vortex would have split in two after the first week of January this year.

I was wondering if there was any specific EU view by the EU gurus related to polar vortex split.
Seems like a perfect candidate for observing through an EU lense.

I believe the current consensus or belief is that warm air from underneath rises to reach the polar vortex (5 KM altitude) and warm it, and therefore disturb it and cause it to break up into two smaller vortexes.
5km in altitude, isn't that close to all that plasma and birkeland currents?

pavlink

Re: Polar Vortex Split

Unread post by pavlink » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:10 am

That is one of the many precursors to coming solar system/earth changes.

Change of the solar emission spectrum and much much more:
-earthquakes, more like visible tide on the land;
-flood ( Star waters );
-earth expansion;
-coming of the light;
-change of earth orbit ( further from the Sun );
-setting earth axis straight;
-magnetic field alteration;

Due to double star interaction.

Do your home work.
We need to study double stars.

The Rising Sea - By Joel Rea
http://www.joelrea.com.au/gallery_image ... 221954.png

When It Comes - By Joel Rea
http://www.joelrea.com.au/gallery_image ... 171140.png

A Beautiful End - By Joel Rea
http://www.joelrea.com.au/gallery_image ... 210329.png

Clif High ( from halfpasthuman.com ) is calling that "Global Coastal Event" ( GCE )
He was spot on with Polar Vortex Split, a month ago ( you can verify that with his materials ), and many more.
Listen to his recent message.
http://www.halfpasthuman.com/wujo/clifs ... llenge.mp3
We live in a double star system.
We need to study double star systems.

Solar System as 4D energy vortex
http://files.kostovi.com/8835e.pdf

Dotini

Cold Plasma (500k C) Found High (100k km) Above Earth

Unread post by Dotini » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:32 am

http://www.agu.org/news/press/pr_archiv ... 2-02.shtml

Clouds of "cold plasma" reach from the top of Earth's atmosphere to at least a quarter the distance to the moon, according to new data from a cluster of European satellites.

Respectfully submitted,
Steve

pavlink

Re: Cold Plasma (500k C) Found High (100k km) Above Earth

Unread post by pavlink » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:55 pm

Increased current between the partner stars is the reason for the increased charge around the Earth

More on double stars
http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpB ... 10&t=10104
We live in a double star system.
We need to study double star systems.

Solar System as 4D energy vortex
http://files.kostovi.com/8835e.pdf

Scott MC

Unread post by Scott MC » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:33 pm

Dotini wrote:http://www.agu.org/news/press/pr_archiv ... 2-02.shtml

Clouds of "cold plasma" reach from the top of Earth's atmosphere to at least a quarter the distance to the moon, according to new data from a cluster of European satellites.

Respectfully submitted,
Steve
Hi Steve, I would respectfully submit that plasma is wherever mobile charges are.

Even charges that are moving according to 'physical' laws are doing so within a larger plasma environment and are interacting with it. Like the ions in a metal coin, which move according to both EM and 'physical' laws, but which undoubtedly still act as a plasma in suitable circumstances.

It stands to reason that thermodynamics in the atmosphere also move a lot of charges around, especially at lower altitudes. Higher up the gases would be more subject to EM, logically. The ocean , being salty , is also charged, and thermodynamic models explain most currents as far as I am aware. Isn't that like a battery when charges get moved around?

Do you mean 500,000 C? that sounds hot to me. :shock:
99.999+% of everything can't be that simple, can it?

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:27 pm

I'm guessing that by 500k C, he actually meant 500K, which is only about 226.85º C, or only 440.33º F. In the thermosphere the temperature can reach 2000º C or 3632º F, so 200º C is cold up there. Actually, I understand that even 2000 is cold up there because there's not enough air to warm anything up.

kiwi

Re: The Electric Earth

Unread post by kiwi » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:48 am

Scientists produce densest artificial ionospheric plasma clouds
February 25, 2013
"Previous artificial plasma density clouds have lifetimes of only ten minutes or less," said Paul Bernhardt, Ph.D., NRL Space Use and Plasma Section. "This higher density plasma 'ball' was sustained over one hour by the HAARP transmissions and was extinguished only after termination of the HAARP radio beam."

These glow discharges in the upper atmosphere were generated as a part of the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) sponsored Basic Research on Ionospheric Characteristics and Effects (BRIOCHE) campaign to explore ionospheric phenomena and its impact on communications and space weather. Using the 3.6-megawatt high-frequency (HF) HAARP transmitter, the plasma clouds, or balls of plasma, are being studied for use as artificial mirrors at altitudes 50 kilometers below the natural ionosphere and are to be used for reflection of HF radar and communications signals.

Past attempts to produce electron density enhancements have yielded densities of 4 x 105 electrons per cubic centimeter (cm3) using HF radio transmissions near the second, third and fourth harmonics of the electron cyclotron frequency. This frequency near 1.44 MHz is the rate that electrons gyrate around the Earth's magnetic field.

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2013-02-scientists ... a.html#jCp
Image inside link---This is a sequence of images of the glow plasma discharge produced with transmissions at the third electron gyro harmonic using the HAARP HF transmitter, Gakona, Alaska. The third harmonic artificial glow plasma clouds were obtained with HAARP using transmissions at 4.34 megahertz (MHz). The resonant frequency yielded green line (557.7 nanometer emission) with HF on November 12, 2012, between the times of 02:26:15 to 02:26:45 GMT. Credit: Elizabeth Kendall
Image inside link---This is a sequence of images of the glow plasma discharge produced with transmissions at the third electron gyro harmonic using the HAARP HF transmitter, Gakona, Alaska. The third harmonic artificial glow plasma clouds were obtained with HAARP using transmissions at 4.34 megahertz (MHz). The resonant frequency yielded green line (557.7 nanometer emission) with HF on November 12, 2012, between the times of 02:26:15 to 02:26:45 GMT. Credit: Elizabeth Kendall

kthomas

Radiolytic creation of peroxides in polar ice

Unread post by kthomas » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:01 am

I'm wondering if the cosmic-ray flux at the earth's poles is sufficient to account for the ~100 ppb of hydrogen peroxide found in polar ice? How could one estimate the relative magnitude of this form of H2O2 generation relative to generation of H2O2 by atmospheric photochemistry (UV light in clouds)?

We know that:

1. "The concentration of H2O2 is higher in summer than in winter, and is also higher in the inland Antarctic region at higher altitude than in the coastal region lower altitude." http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 1095003088

2. Birkeland currents are higher in summer than winter
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... ated=false

3. H2O2 is higher in Arctic ice cores than Antarctic (but is high, in both cases). http://ci.nii.ac.jp/els/110001135961.pd ... 862112&cp=

My thinking is that the greater bombardment of the earth's poles with high energy particles should produce more peroxide at the poles than toward the equator. I don't know how to estimate the magnitude of the effect, though. Prevailing orthodoxy says H2O2 in polar snow arises purely from UV photochemistry in clouds (and precipitation of the H2O2 thus formed). Once precipitated, polar H2O2 is stable for thousands of years.

TIA to anyone who fields this.

k

seasmith

Re: Radiolytic creation of peroxides in polar ice

Unread post by seasmith » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:32 pm

The seasonal dependence of large-scale Birkeland currents has been determined from the analysis of vector magnetic field data acquired by the TRIAD satellite in the northern hemisphere. Statistical characteristics of single sheet (i.e., net currents) and double sheet Birkeland currents were determined from 555 TRIAD passes during the summer, and 408 passes during the winter (more complicated multiple-sheet current systems were not included in this study). The average Kp value for the summer events is 1.9 and for the winter events is 2.0. The principal results include the following: (1) The single sheet Birkeland currents are statistically observed more often than the double sheet currents in the dayside of the auroral zone during any season. The single sheet currents are also observed more often in the summer than in the winter (as much as 2 to 3 times as often depending upon the MLT sector). (2) The intensities of the single and double sheet Birkeland currents on the dayside, from approximately 1000 MLT to 1800 MLT, are larger during the summer (in comparison to winter) by a factor of about 2. (3) The intensities of the double sheet Birkeland currents in the nightside (the dominant system in this local time) do not show a significant difference from summer to winter. (4) The single and double sheet currents in the dayside (between 0600 and 1800 MLT) appear at higher latitudes (by about 1° to 3°) during the summer in comparison to the winter. These characteristics suggest that the Birkeland current intensities are controlled by the ionospheric conductivity in the polar region. The greater occurrence of single sheet Birkeland currents during the summertime supports the suggestion that these currents close via the polar cap when the conductivity there is sufficiently high to permit it. Since the intensities of Birkeland currents are larger during periods of greater ionospheric conductivity, an important source (but perhaps not the only source) of these currents must be a voltage generator in the magnetosphere, possibly related to the convective electric field.
@
kthomas,

I'm no chemist, but the formation of peroxides in polar ice is interesting.

To your 3 points:

1. Are they referring to Antarctic summer, or the season from ~May to September ?
Higher altitudes would correspond to higher solar irradiation, yes?

2. Nice that geologists have no problem spelling Birkeland, and readily acknowledge the ubiquity of ionospheric currents.
keywords:
Birkeland current;magnetotail;plasma sheet
[1] Geotail particle and magnetic field measurements were combined to generate long-term-averaged 3-D models of the plasma sheet. Ampere's law was used to calculate the Birkeland current j∥ in the −30 < x < −16RE, ∣z∣ > 1RE region. Current diversion, or the growth of current in a unit flux tube j∥/B, took place throughout the region studied. This suggests that electron scattering is broadly distributed. No substantial change in j∥/B could be detected between the plasma sheet boundary layer and the ionosphere. Birkeland currents were strongest and exhibited a dawn-dusk asymmetry when the interplanetary magnetic field (IMF) was southward. This asymmetry may be associated with the formation of thin current sheets on the dusk side during disturbed periods. Symmetries were apparent above and below the neutral sheet when the IMF was northward or southward, but these symmetries were not present when the IMF pointed dawnward or duskward. For these latter cases, separate surfaces were found on which Bx = 0, By = 0, and j∥ = 0. This apparently complex structure could be understood as a consequence of the tendency for By in the neutral sheet to have the same sign as the IMF By. The observed Birkeland currents were in the region 1 sense when leaving the plasma sheet for all IMF orientations. Current diversion was analyzed in an MHD framework. The analysis suggested that the reduction of gradient and curvature guiding center drifts, and the presence of polarization currents in the diversion region can provide sources of electrons to sustain a steady j∥. It also was noted that the formation of an E∥ region in the topside ionosphere can make it appear to the conducting ionosphere as if it is being driven by a current source rather than by the plasma sheet electric field.
[I'm assuming their "ionospheric currents" and "Birkeland currents" are synonymous.]
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... 5/abstract

3. The arctic/antarctic H2O2 concentration disparity may be related to 'ozone holes'.

Your general assessment seems logical to me...

Are you a full article subscriber to Wiley or the JGR ?

s

kthomas

Unread post by kthomas » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:49 pm

I'm pretty sure they're referring to the correct "summer" (January for Antarctica), and corroborating that, I've looked at some raw data and it sure enough matches what they say; strong summer-winter cycling with peak values in late December (for the Antarctic cores).

Alas, I'm not a subscriber to any of the paywall providers. I stumble onto the occasional full-length PDF (it helps to use "ext:pdf" in your Google queries) or Open Access paper but otherwise survive on Abstracts.

While it's hard (for me) to find raw cosmic ray flux numbers (surely they vary a lot by latitude and season and sun activity), the general sense I get from things like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Space ... 830101.jpg is that at the 1 Gev (and up) level, protons arrive at the rate of 1 to 100 (occasionally more) per square cm per sec. I don't know if that's at sea level, what latitude, etc etc. Surely I would imagine it varies by 3 orders of magnitude or more depending on elevation, proximity to the poles, season, solar cycle particulars, etc. But if the 1 to 100 per sq cm per sec ballpark figure holds, that's not enough to account for 100 ppb of hydrogen peroxide -- it's too low by a factor of tens of millions. So far, UV photochemistry wins out. :|

There's good ice-core peroxide data (going back around 250 years -- ice core depths to 120 m) for Antarctic samples at ftp://sidads.colorado.edu/pub/DATASETS/ ... sidc_0392/ I don't know how thick the slices were but there seem to be about 50 measurements per year and they range from about 7 to 300 ppb. There is some attenuation (both absolute, and of the peak-trough amplitude) with depth but the data look pretty good even at the tail end (deepest part of core). It would be fun to run the data through a Fourier transform and see if 30-yr solar cycles pop out. (Or any other cycles.) Sulfate ion consumes peroxide, so a Krakatoa signature should be in there somewhere.

Anyway thanks for taking time to look at this. If you find any solid data for maximum number of cosmic ray particles (per sq cm per sec) at the poles under high-solar-activity conditions, do let me know! If the answer is in the tens of millions I'll definitely need to revisit this .

kthomas

Unread post by kthomas » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:12 pm

On searching the literature I found data that contradicts the general statement that Arctic cores are richer in H2O2 than Antarctic cores, so don't put too much stock in that statement. At both poles the snow pack seems to have 100 ppb or so of hydrogen peroxide -- more in (local) summer, less in (local) winter. I couldn't find good Alpine glacier data. One paper for a glacier site in China showed 10 ppb but the issue is confounded by sulfate. Any sulfate ion at all will consume peroxide with high efficiency.

The chemistry here isn't hard or revolutionary. Any high-energy particle, even a 1 MeV electron, is enough to disrupt H2O into H and OH radicals. They reform as H2 (which outgases into the air and then space) and H2O2, which persists for centuries unless it comes in contact with something reactive. Any rich source of high-energy particles (charged or uncharged) will disrupt water and cause peroxides to form. This is why the "leading edge" (travel-facing) side of Europa has 0.12% peroxide at the surface; it cuts through the high-energy plasma from Jupiter and the particle interactions with water cause peroxide to form on the leading side of the moon but not the trailing side.

michael.suede

Amazing Atmospheric Plasma Event Captured On Video

Unread post by michael.suede » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:20 am

http://www.infowars.com/bizarre-video-s ... ing-shape/

This looks like a plasma discharge event occurring above or within some clouds during daylight in good weather.

I've never seen anything like it.

kiwi

Re: Amazing Atmospheric Plasma Event Captured On Video

Unread post by kiwi » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:04 am

From the comments section on the link Michael :arrow:
It's water on the lens or on the glass above them. We were making vidoes with trick back in the 80's and calling it the force field of invisible spaceships as they hovered in the cloud. The the slightest twitch makes the distortion shift instantly. You cab reproduce the effect on anything you look at through a glass spattered witb water droplets. Not the brightest bulbs on the strand, huh?