Electric Comets

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

SirEyes

Re: Shoemaker-Levy, how comes it kept outgassing?

Unread post by SirEyes » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:15 am

Thank you for the reply.
Also I wanted to make clear my point: an objection could be that there may be fragments not outgassing therefore invisible. Ok but this is not my concern. I focus on the uniformity of the visible ones: did we notice a day-night period (at least at the beginning of the cooking) on the fresh visible bits of comet? Or, more precisely: did any of the fragment confirmed the "cooking theory", showing an outgassing compatible with a rotation period? I think this must be found, in order for the current theory to be sustainable.
I'd like to know more about this strange outgassing, what did the maintream science say about this?

D_Archer

Unread post by D_Archer » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:38 am

They were surprised by low water detection and disintegration before the asteroid entered the atmosphere (or at least disintegration higher than expected.

I dont know what they thought about outgassing before or after the event.

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:23 pm

Leo,
Please respect forum policies.
The "Planetary Science" and "Electric Universe" boards are not the place for the promotion of one's personal theories. They are the parts of the Forum reserved for the discussion of the published works of the Thunderbolts team and related EU and Plasma Physics topics.

For that reason several posts, and responses to them, have been removed from this thread.

viscount aero

Unread post by viscount aero » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:09 am

SirEyes wrote:Hello everybody, there is a question I never read the answer to. I searched on the forum, sorry if I didn't notice interesting replies.
Given the current mainstream theory, where the coma is due to outgassing from pocket-chamber under the surface, how this can possibly agree with what we saw during the disintegration of the Shoemaker-Levi?
I mean, if the body has split in pieces, I would expect most of the pieces not to outgas (the fresh-exposed ones), for a while (until they reach a good cooking).
Also, I would expect a general disruption of the chambers, together with a good decrease of gas "compressed in the pockets", as pockets should be globally destroyed.

Any thoughts?
Thank you!
Great point :shock:

I didn't consider that but it is another incriminating item against mainstream comet theory. And as was said here, virtually no giant cloud of water vapor or ice was observed as ejecta from the Shoemaker comet's fragments. The debris was too dry. That should have already begun to cast doubt upon the 1950 Whipple dirty snowball theory but it didn't seem to have any affect upon modern science.

Zelectric

Rosetta's Odd Comet Covered in 'Goose Bumps,' Pits, Cracks (

Unread post by Zelectric » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:12 pm

http://www.space.com/28382-rosetta-spac ... ign=buffer

This was a funny passage:

"Based on observations so far, scientists think the comet is about 70 to 80 percent porous, assuming that the comet is made up mostly of ice and water. "The interior structure [is] likely comprising weakly bonded ice-dust clumps with small void spaces between them," ESA officials said."

Where is this mythical ice? The amount of delusion with these folks is incredible!

Z

viscount aero

Re: Rosetta's Odd Comet Covered in 'Goose Bumps,' Pits, Crac

Unread post by viscount aero » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:36 pm

Zelectric wrote:http://www.space.com/28382-rosetta-spac ... ign=buffer

This was a funny passage:

"Based on observations so far, scientists think the comet is about 70 to 80 percent porous, assuming that the comet is made up mostly of ice and water. "The interior structure [is] likely comprising weakly bonded ice-dust clumps with small void spaces between them," ESA officials said."

Where is this mythical ice? The amount of delusion with these folks is incredible!

Z
Yes they are still thinking the comet is made of ice. They can't see any other way. It's laughable.

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:12 pm

Cognitive dissonance
The concept was introduced by the psychologist Leon Festinger (1919–89) in the late 1950s. He and later researchers showed that, when confronted with challenging new information, most people seek to preserve their current understanding of the world by rejecting, explaining away, or avoiding the new information or by convincing themselves that no conflict really exists.

viscount aero

Unread post by viscount aero » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:27 pm

nick c wrote:Cognitive dissonance
The concept was introduced by the psychologist Leon Festinger (1919–89) in the late 1950s. He and later researchers showed that, when confronted with challenging new information, most people seek to preserve their current understanding of the world by rejecting, explaining away, or avoiding the new information or by convincing themselves that no conflict really exists.
LOL! :lol:

leo vuyk

Unread post by leo vuyk » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:58 am

Also interesting:
there was a fireball leaving the scene over the horizon, after the impact !

SirEyes

Unread post by SirEyes » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:14 am

Right, viscount! We could even expect a "puff" at the disintegration. Then the theory should have been patched with something like "the cracks were already there, then it split, this is why we saw no puff". But if so, the mainstream theory would have the need of justifying the filling of the chambers (before disintegration), despite the gas could only come from the "local piece of comet". And this would be necessary for each and any of the 20 pieces.

Leo, can you point me to some picture? Thanks.

D_Archer

Re: Mars - Electric Atmosphere

Unread post by D_Archer » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:31 am

Close comet flyby threw Mars' magnetic field into chaos:
http://phys.org/news/2016-03-comet-flyb ... netic.html

A nod to EU but still no full understanding from NASA >
very high altitudes Mars' atmosphere is made up of plasma – a layer of electrically charged particles and gas molecules. Charged particles in the solar wind interact with this plasma, and the mingling and moving around of all these charges produces currents. Just like currents in simple electrical circuits, these moving charges induce a magnetic field, which, in Mars' case, is quite weak.
Comet Siding Spring is also surrounded by a magnetic field. This results from the solar wind interacting with the plasma generated in the coma – the envelope of gas flowing from a comet's nucleus as it is heated by the sun. Comet Siding Spring's nucleus – a nugget of ice and rock measuring no more than half a kilometer (about 1/3 mile) – is small, but the coma is expansive
But in all they do seem to be looking at this with the right lens with the help of MAVEN, i think the data gathering without theory is its best attribute.

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -

Robertus Maximus

Comet Siding Spring Caused Chaos at Mars

Unread post by Robertus Maximus » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:55 am

From this article we we learn that Comet Siding Spring caused chaos during its encounter with Mars: http://astronomynow.com/2016/03/10/clos ... nto-chaos/

'“Comet Siding Spring plunged the magnetic field around Mars into chaos,” said Jared Espley, a MAVEN science team member at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland. “We think the encounter blew away part of Mars’ upper atmosphere, much like a strong solar storm would.”'

'The comet’s coma washed over the planet for several hours, with the dense inner coma reaching, or nearly reaching, the surface. Mars was flooded with an invisible tide of charged particles from the coma, and the powerful magnetic field around the comet temporarily merged with — and overwhelmed — the planet’s own weak one.'

The dramatic effects resulted from an encounter with a charged body less than half a kilometre across, what would a larger body do?

Given that the 'dense inner coma' reached or nearly reached the surface of Mars it would be interesting to see if any surface changes were recorded by spacecraft orbiting Mars.

willendure

Re: Comet Siding Spring Caused Chaos at Mars

Unread post by willendure » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:49 am

Robertus Maximus wrote: The dramatic effects resulted from an encounter with a charged body less than half a kilometre across, what would a larger body do?
Amazing.

The question that comes to my mind is, if it has been a planet with a stronger magnetic field, would the interaction have been a more or less violent one? If it was Earth, would our magnetic field simply have repelled the comets one, relatively unaffected by it. Or would the collision of two stronger magnetic fields been a much more energetic exchange?

D_Archer

Unread post by D_Archer » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:20 am

willendure wrote:
Robertus Maximus wrote: The dramatic effects resulted from an encounter with a charged body less than half a kilometre across, what would a larger body do?
Amazing.

The question that comes to my mind is, if it has been a planet with a stronger magnetic field, would the interaction have been a more or less violent one? If it was Earth, would our magnetic field simply have repelled the comets one, relatively unaffected by it. Or would the collision of two stronger magnetic fields been a much more energetic exchange?
With Earth the repulsion would be greater (due to strong mag field) which would in turn result in less "chaos" because the asteroid could not affect our atmosphere in the same was as Mars's atmosphere was now.

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:10 am

size and,

Wouldn't effect also depend a lot on speed, and especially angle, of approach ?
~