Need advice on what to study!

Books, journal articles, web pages, and news reports that can help to clarify the history and promise of the Electric Universe hypothesis.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

tonto8119

Need advice on what to study!

Unread post by tonto8119 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:15 am

Hi all,i am currently consumed by the electric universe and have been for a while now but i am kind of at a crossroads.I am 31 years old and am hoping to start college soon for the first time after being inspired by the thunderbolts project.I am at least well read on the subject,i.e.Arp,Velikovsky,Thornhill,Talbot,Scott etc.Thats not to say i understand everything they wrote about but i have a good general overview at least.With this in mind what subject do you think would be suitable for me?I was thinking maybe electrical engineering?I just don't know what direction to take.Any and all feedback and advice will be greatly appreciated,thanks.

tayga

Re: Need advice on what to study!

Unread post by tayga » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:09 am

Previous discussions involving people in a similar situation to your own suggest that Electrical Engineering would be a good way to go. From my own experience, there's far more attention to the facts in engineering and any maths you learn will be adapted to dealing with real quantities.

Also, it looks like EU science is absolutely exploding at the moment and I'd hope that research opportunities for EEs will increase substantially in the coming years. Depending on where you study and with whom you could always supplement core EE studies with relevant physics, space and planetary science depending on your personal interest.
tayga

It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.

- Richard P. Feynman

Normal science does not aim at novelties of fact or theory and, when successful, finds none.
- Thomas Kuhn

starbiter

Unread post by starbiter » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:07 am

http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/physics/index.htm

This link might help. Sorry it's free. How good can it be?
I Ching #49 The Image
Fire in the lake: the image of REVOLUTION
Thus the superior man
Sets the calender in order
And makes the seasons clear

www.EU-geology.com

http://www.michaelsteinbacher.com

tonto8119

Unread post by tonto8119 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:28 pm

Thanks for the replies guys.I was thinking along those lines myself tayga,makes perfect sense cheers.Thanks for the link Michael.By the way i love your geology website,absolutely fascinating!