Where can I get a PhD in controversy?

Books, journal articles, web pages, and news reports that can help to clarify the history and promise of the Electric Universe hypothesis.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

rollingmind

Where can I get a PhD in controversy?

Unread post by rollingmind » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:31 pm

So I'm an undergrad physics senior and I'm toying with the idea of pursuing graduate studies in something like the history and philosophy of science. I've been following the EU theory for the length of my undergrad career (at least during the latter part where I was a physics major...) and was in fact drawn to the field in large part because of the interesting ideas I found here and elsewhere, as well as by Eric Lerner's very cool fusion approach. But math is tedious... not that I can't do it, but I've grown tired of it. I can't at this point see myself continuing graduate study in physics or engineering (unless I was forced to, say by the imminent approach of hungry childrens or marriage or something else :o ) and my love of philosophy beckons me once again. My friends tell me I should be a professor, and I think they're right, but I want to have the freedom to express my opinions in a more open community than the one found in today's training grounds for entry into the science industries.

So my question to all of you older and wiser folks is... where should I go to school? Or maybe this is just a bad idea (30k in debt already with a glorious national economic future ahead)? Any suggestions? Thanks!

moses

Re: Where can I get a PhD in controversy?

Unread post by moses » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:57 am

How are your computing skills, for instance. I've always loved mathematics and
still tutor maths. So find something that you can handle and like reasonably, and
study EU or whatever, as a hobby. I find it very sad that you are in this dilemma.
Mo

rollingmind

Re: Where can I get a PhD in controversy?

Unread post by rollingmind » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:48 pm

thanks for the reply mo, but I guess I shouldn't have put in that part about 'is this a bad idea?'. I already know it's a bad idea, but I'm just curious to know if anyone knows of a particularly attractive program that I might look into. I don't feel like I'm in a bad situation, rather an exciting one, and I'm just trying to explore my options here as much as I can. thanks again!