Planet Amnesia web site

Books, journal articles, web pages, and news reports that can help to clarify the history and promise of the Electric Universe hypothesis.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Andrew

Planet Amnesia web site

Unread post by Andrew » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:16 am

I invite you to check out my new web site just launched: http://www.planetamnesia.com/

My offering follows EU and Saturnian cosmology and is very much in line with Thunderbolts. The emphasis is on catastrophism and its human fallout. Mythology and Psychology are my focus.

I recognize that humanity is suffering from amnesia due to trauma from a legacy of Earth upheavals. Like PTSD, we have collectively sublimated and buried these memories that are too difficult for us to acknowledge. Like the individual personality and its neuroses, we suffer en masse from hidden pathologies as symptoms of our trauma. This plays out in the formation of our cultures. We go to war, enslave each other, and generally create mayhem as we reenact these tragedies to work out our collective karma.

The untold story of era ending cataclysms and the terrible psychological fallout that ensued for the survivors and recorded in mythic stories is one of the more fascinating subjects out there. There is great value in researching this subject, because it gives us a clue as to where we stand today in this crazy mixed up world. If we can uncover the source of this madness, we have a chance at healing. It is similar to the psychotherapeutic process of grieving. There is much we have forgotten and much that we must remember, for only in doing so will we recoup the power of our sovereign selves and not fall prey to those who rule over us in our ignorance.

Any feedback would be much appreciated, especially in the site's comment sections. Thanks.
Don't believe everything you think...

nick c
Site Admin

Re: Planet Amnesia web site

Unread post by nick c » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:17 am

Thanks for that Andrew.
Truly this is an important topic. Given that, if the paroxysms of nature postulated by the EU (floods, earthquakes, winds, plasma discharges and interplanetary thunderbolts, etc.) were experienced by humankind, then what would be the effects on the descendants of the survivors?
I especially like your links page, it contains a wealth of references of interest to students of the Electric Universe.

Though it is in the Varchive which is linked, this probably deserves its' own link:
http://www.varchive.org/lec/lethbridge/amnesia.htm
If it is already linked then please excuse me.
This was a speech given by Velikovsky at the U of Lethbridge in 1974, which basically summarizes his views on mankind in amnesia. It is no secret that V felt the topic of collective amnesia was the most important part of his work.

moses

Unread post by moses » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:45 pm

The V link given was down when I tried it, however one can try:
http://www.grazian-archive.com/quantavo ... /rfs_1.pdf

Andrew, it seems to me that there is very little in your website that is different to Dave T's views. Over the years I have come to some differences. I just wonder if you have variations on the theme.

Cheers,
Mo

starbiter

Unread post by starbiter » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:25 pm

moses wrote:The V link given was down when I tried it, however one can try:

Andrew, it seems to me that there is very little in your website that is different to Dave T's views. Over the years I have come to some differences. I just wonder if you have variations on the theme.

Cheers,
Mo

The link Nick C gave worked just fine for me.

http://www.varchive.org/lec/lethbridge/amnesia.htm

Just say OM.

michael
I Ching #49 The Image
Fire in the lake: the image of REVOLUTION
Thus the superior man
Sets the calender in order
And makes the seasons clear

www.EU-geology.com

http://www.michaelsteinbacher.com

Michael Anteski

Unread post by Michael Anteski » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:55 am

Regarding nick C's comments about Velikovsky and modern scholarly "amnesia" about distant past earth cataclysms, I believe it's possible to keep at it updating Velikovsky's work with ongoing ideas. For example, take his concept in Worlds in Collision that worldwide crustal eruptions occurred in the context of a brush with cometary Venus. -In such a cataclysm, full-thickness crustal rifts could have occurred, down to the hot mantle 20 miles or more down from the surface. If piled-up heaps of forest material (piled up by cosmic-scale atmospheric wind forces) this would have set up a "smothered combustion" to form coal deposits. -It's known that fossilized trees and other biological life forms are to be found in coal deposits. Likewise. Yellowstone's periodic geysers could represent a subterranean lake "still" connected to a mantle heat source with the heat building up then releasing on a regular time schedule.

starbiter

Unread post by starbiter » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:27 am

Michael Anteski wrote:Regarding nick C's comments about Velikovsky and modern scholarly "amnesia" about distant past earth cataclysms, I believe it's possible to keep at it updating Velikovsky's work with ongoing ideas. For example, take his concept in Worlds in Collision that worldwide crustal eruptions occurred in the context of a brush with cometary Venus. -In such a cataclysm, full-thickness crustal rifts could have occurred, down to the hot mantle 20 miles or more down from the surface. If piled-up heaps of forest material (piled up by cosmic-scale atmospheric wind forces) this would have set up a "smothered combustion" to form coal deposits. -It's known that fossilized trees and other biological life forms are to be found in coal deposits. Likewise. Yellowstone's periodic geysers could represent a subterranean lake "still" connected to a mantle heat source with the heat building up then releasing on a regular time schedule.

Hello Michael Anteski,

Vegetation could explain some coal. For a time i thought it explained all coal. A friend advised me to keep my powder dry and keep searching for an answer. As it turns out comet comas contain carbon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diatomic_carbon

Comets

The light of fainter comets mainly originates from the emission of diatomic carbon. There are several lines of C2 light, mostly in the visible spectrum, forming the Swan bands.[3]

michael
I Ching #49 The Image
Fire in the lake: the image of REVOLUTION
Thus the superior man
Sets the calender in order
And makes the seasons clear

www.EU-geology.com

http://www.michaelsteinbacher.com

Andrew

Unread post by Andrew » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:51 pm

moses wrote:The V link given was down when I tried it, however one can try:

Cheers,
Mo
Hi Mo,

Actually, Dave and I have a different take on the catastrophes after the Saturnian error. I'm aligned with V. and de Grazia in regarding the 1st and 2nd milennia catastrophes as seminal events in the 'recent' history of humanity. Dave has created his 'chaos monsters', dragons and whatever else mainly occurring as the Saturn system broke up in the fourth millenia (Cardona thinks this all happened much earlier). I see these archetypes as having occurred later as the planets settled into their new orbits around the sun, periodically coming into close contact with each other and wreaking havoc. The final disturbance was in 685 BCE. My recognition of these catastrophes help me better conjecture that we humans are more recently traumatized, and therefore not just suffering a swoon that the demise of the Saturn system tossed us out of the garden.

Also, different than Dave, I am wanting to acknowledge Peratt's southern column and the 3 ball plasmoids existing prior to the apex of the Saturn era when the northern column appeared. Taking this further afield, I also posit that the Egyptian Duat/Mesopotamian Absu/Mesoamerican 'house of nine bushes' describes Earth's equitorial rings. This system broke up in 2349 BCE. My information on this is coming from Jno Cook and his web book. It is is a big eye opener that we still have a long ways to go to to reconstruct the ancient sky. Here's the web book: http://www.saturniancosmology.org/.

Also stimulating to consider from Cook, is that in the Saturnian stack, Venus was not between Mars and Saturn; it was Mercury with its then greater magnetic field and atmosphere. Venus stood apart from Saturn and slightly above its equator, connected by a plasma stream. This was Adam's rib. Saturn in its most revered incarnation, like Adam, lived 900 + years, having birthed Venus (Eve). Wow, so much more to consider!

If you haven't already, I encourage you to take a look at Cook's robust chronology and the evidence supporting it. What he offers is missing from Thunderbolts, and IMO is a template for further inquiry even beyond de Grazia. Cook is a synergist who leaves nothing out.

Here's Cook's chapter on the Absu/Duat:

http://www.saturniancosmology.org/cos.php

Andrew

Unread post by Andrew » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:15 pm

Michael Anteski wrote:Regarding nick C's comments about Velikovsky and modern scholarly "amnesia" about distant past earth cataclysms, I believe it's possible to keep at it updating Velikovsky's work with ongoing ideas.
Yes Micheal, I think this is an important undertaking. Alfred de Grazia has really opened my eyes in this regard, building on V's important work on cometary Venus impacting the Exodus period. Read his book - "God's Fire". Also de Grazia's "Iron Age of Mars" describing the awful destruction 800 - 685 BCE, the termination of the Mycenean and Etruscan civilizations by Mars' repeated 15 year visitations (other planets and moon involved at times).

de Grazia'a "quantavolution" neologism incorporates both the natural destruction and the psychological fallout. This understanding helps unite those interested in the psychological arena and those wanting to focus on the awesome physical/climate/geologic changes. Point of fact - In this thread you can see people who are interested in one angle more than another. Together we can move this forward.

I am very excited about this line of inquiry. What needs to happen is for Thunderbolts related people to acknowledge what V. and de Grazia have extensively pointed to: There were more recent cataclysms, they are in memory, and this intellectual complex is available to us. We don't have to locate ourselves only back in the Saturn era.

Andrew

Unread post by Andrew » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:44 pm

Hey Mo,

I see that I typoed in a previous post by using the term Saturnian "error". LOL. I meant to say Saturnian "era". Must be some kind of pseudo-Freudian slippage in my thinking!

moses

Unread post by moses » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:44 pm

Andrew,
I am very close to your take on all this. I'm seeing Dave T looking for Saturn System stuff where there is actually random planetary orbits after the break-up. And it concerns me that Saturn was probably very active during this period and so a lot of the evidence for a Saturn System was actually an active Saturn after the break-up of whatever planetary configuration existed before.

The Peratt column I see as being the depiction of survivors after a close encounter with at least one other planet, and probably a planet and it's moon. Most of the petroglyphs are in areas where survivors would be, and very few in areas likely to have been flooded.

I prefer Gary Gilligan to Jno Cook, but there is definite insight into the happenings during the era of random planetary orbits I call the Velikovsky era.

There must have been a previous configuration but I am open as to it's construction. As also I am open to the state of humanity during this previous configuration, in that humanity may have had such different abilities then - perhaps having the siddhis that some yogis develop today. The traumas changes the epigenetics of, perhaps, most of humanity. But people with these abilities could have lived an advanced lifestyle without ever developing the infrastructure we have today, and so leaving little evidence - except perhaps for a pyramid or two.

Cheers,
Mo

Michael Anteski

Unread post by Michael Anteski » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:17 am

Andrew: I am not on board with you as far as Exodus being related to cometary Venus in V's book Worlds in Collision. Velikovsky's whole trouble why his model was thrown out by scholars was his chronology was wrong. The Exodus event occurred around 1500-1600 BC and was a regional cataclysm which may have appeared world scale to the Hebrews in Egypt, but the majority of the accounts cited in Velikovsky appear to me to refer to a truly world scale event occurring earlier than that. My time frame would be 11,000 to 12000 BC, a period when multiple faunal extinctions took place. A great many traditional accounts in Velikovsky tell of enormous eruptive phenomena. I think a more likely Biblical reference (more likely than Exodus) for it would be the Book of Job. It's well worth checking into for anecdotal analogies to Worlds in Collision traditional accounts.

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:08 am

Michael,
For the purposes of this thread, chronological considerations are irrelevant. Of course chronology of the disasters and the specific cosmic agents involved is an important subject, but it really it is of only marginal interest to the subject of collective amnesia.
It really does not matter what were the exact times of the disasters or the specific cosmic agents involved.

The question for this thread is: was the human race exposed to extinction threatening cosmic events and if so, what was the effect on the survivors and their descendants?

Andrew

Unread post by Andrew » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:44 pm

Micheal:
I note your difference of opinion. I think there have been multiple large scale catastrophes the last 12,000 years, some worldwide and some more regional. I only know what I read of others opinions, with some reading of 'original' sources. I am going with the weight of V. and de Grazia. Combine the two of these polymaths, and I think a good result is obtained. I find further confirmation with Jno Cook. I find de Grazia's work (God's Fire) more extensive than what V. offered, in regards to the Exodus time period.

BTW, as Nick expressed, for purposes of this thread, the conjecture is that there have been sufficiently intense catastrophes these last 5,000 years to traumatize humanity in ways we can recognize. It will likely be generations, or maybe never, for us all to agree on a chronology.

I like these quotes from V., from his Cultural Amnesia chapter:

"The inability to accept the catastrophic past is the source of man’s aggression."

"The after-effects of what took place millennia ago do not lose their grip on the human race. If anything, the trend continues and accelerates. Wars made by irrational nations led by irrational governments have been recurring since the time of the Assyrian kings."

Michael Anteski

Unread post by Michael Anteski » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:06 am

I would insist that chronology is extremely important. Velikovsky amassed enough traditional accounts in agreement about a world scale catastrophe within the memory of modern man to convince anyone but then he related the event to a 1500 BC time frame and then scholars pointed out that reliable astronomical charts dating to before that date showed Venus in its present orbit, and all the evidence V had regarding cometary Venus was thrown out. What could be more important than chronology in that instance? -Of course, in the 1950 time frame that Velikovsky wrote, the Thera eruption of around 1500 BC was less well delineated than it is now, but the Thera event and the Hebrew Exodus are now generally accepted as related. Velikovsky's cometary event was a world scale event, so how could cometary Venus and Exodus be related? -My concept of 11,000 BC for the world scale Venus cometary event has a lot of circumstantial evidence for it too lengthy to go into here, but how could so many species go extinct around the same time (e.g., sabre tooth tiger, new world horse, giant sloth, wooly mammoth) unless connected with a world scale event, and 11,000 BC would be within the time frame of modern man and the traditional accounts Velikovsky accumulated.

Michael Anteski

Unread post by Michael Anteski » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:35 am

Andrew (having responded to nick c's post, I'll address yours also): In contrast to your opinion that there have been "multiple world scale" cataclysms in the last five millenia or so, my concept is that there were no more than two: the Deluge, around 4000 BC and a world scale event around 2300 BC associated with Earth orbital deviation causing severe world wide climatary fluctuations (Egyptian accounts relating to the latter event recount people "eating their babies", the sequelae were so severe). Deluge's historicity would be considered merely conjectural by scholars, and I won't belabor the point, but I believe in its historicity. In my cataclysmology, there was an extremely severe regional around 500 AD related to an eruption on Krakatoa. I don't recognize any other catastrophic events nearly as severe as those. -One also should be careful to note circumstantial details in traditional accounts and analyze whether they correlate with the type of event under consideration. Velikovsky's cometary Venus accounts repeat similar details over and over in accounts from groups throughout the world: unimaginably forceful atmospheric movements of winds, almost cosmic-scale heat, lavic upthrusts of strange naphthous materail, and the like. Such observations would not be consistent with any of the above events (Deluge, orbital deviation, localized volcanic eruption). We should be looking just a little further back, to the 11,000 BC time frame for the cometary Venus event Velikovsky described.