Help - Plasma Physics Resources

Books, journal articles, web pages, and news reports that can help to clarify the history and promise of the Electric Universe hypothesis.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Frantic

Help - Plasma Physics Resources

Unread post by Frantic » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:57 pm

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know a good online resource or book, I have found a lot on Plasma, but I don't find much about interactions between plasmas and the details of Charged Double Layers, it always seems the mechanism for the charge separation is an unknown when I read about it. But my questions are really :

Can plasmas collide? Seems simple for a cold plasma if I think particle collisions. But is it simple for charged double layers with currents?
What happens when two charged double layers collide?
Do two plasma currents intersecting at 90 degree angle have a magnetic/electric field interaction?
It would seems treating it as a gas cloud is a no no, so particle collisions are not the way to think...but I really don't understand the interactions. Wiki sates that wave interactions are important. Makes me think of it as electromagnetic, like a giant pile of light. So they would attempt to self align to the magnetic field? What difference is their in interactions between a "cold" plasma or a "hot" one?

When I say interactions I mean one body of plasma interacting with a separate body of plasma, a collision.

EDIT
ok found this
Langmuir was among the first to note the separation of highly conducting plasma into charged-particle sheaths or cellular-like walls. This structure appears wherever samples with different densities, temperatures, or magnetic-field strengths come into contact.
Is it correct to say, pinches and double layers are the products of interacting plasmas of different densities and magnetic fields?

In the EU theory it seems that the thought is all stars, and maybe all matter, is connected in a continuous electrical circuit, so the cold plasma of space is always pulled into alignment with the currents magnetic field forming the filament structure. Would there be a location that 2 currents of opposite or perpendicular directions exists, if it is one continuous current I think not. So my question being really about collisions between plasmas with currents of different directions, it may not be a natural occurrence...so not important...

^EDIT

Feel free to point out my ignorance, that what I'm looking for.

thanks.

Sparky

Re: Help - Plasma Physics Resources

Unread post by Sparky » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:04 am

Frantic, questions are 5cents for the first one, 25cents for the second, and $10 for every one after that.... :D
But is it simple for charged double layers with currents?
Nothing about plasma is simple. ;)
Do two plasma currents intersecting at 90 degree angle have a magnetic/electric field interaction?
Yes, one is called a "shock wave".
-but I really don't understand the interaction
It is possible that no one does...Some people just have more experience in observation and maths manipulation.... ;)
Makes me think of it as electromagnetic,
You got it! Now find out what a magnetic field is.. :?
Is it correct to say, pinches and double layers are the products of interacting plasmas of different densities and magnetic fields?
Hmmm, At a certain level, yes. But it really is much easier to think in broader terms. ;)
-maybe all matter, is connected in a continuous electrical circuit,

No. ...there are circuits. Depending on the size and environment. The plasma circuits in my body may be influenced by the magnetic fields of much larger circuits, ie., the solar wind, but there is no electrical connection most of the time.... :?
collisions between plasmas with currents of different directions, it may not be a natural occurrence...so not important...

The solar wind collides with several planets and moons that may have conflicting currents. ;)

My personal view is that comets would also be conducting bodies that would have conflicting currents, but that is a private delusion. :roll:

Just keep reading and don't worry about the details... ;)

(waiting for correction) :?
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Frantic

Unread post by Frantic » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:14 pm

Well thanks Sparky. After I posted I realized I hadn't explored enough of the posts on the resources forum anyhow, expected someone to just tell me I was asking questions that have all already been answered. But thanks, that does help a bit. I still have very basic questions so easy enough to answer probably :). And don't worry I still can't even see the details yet let alone worry about them. I will just keep reading and observing, I already do that anyway. I have been reading the 11 page thread on magnetism, good stuff. Just reading through the forum posts here, there is a wealth of information.

Science is starting to remind me of religion. I watched Bill Mahr's "Religulous" documentary recently. A lot of what he says applies just as well to the ludicrous scientific establishment that has corrupted for its own purposes an otherwise valid system. Much like the way many figures of Jesus in Mesopotamian/Mediterranean cultural history, all under different names, were all united into one to consolidate power and then claimed that thy god is a jealous god to secure their power. There shall be no other theories, only one (I am sure you can all see the analogy).

And Thanks again Sparky,

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:57 am

"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:36 am

Here is a pdf of a Plasma Physics textbook:
http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/plasma/380.pdf

Frantic

Unread post by Frantic » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:41 am

Thanks guys, I think I might dust off some old differential equations and physics books. I was great at math, physics was always much more difficult. The electricity and magnetism equations are painful. I don't even think I want to understand quantum physics, Schrodinger's equation and all that I haven't touched, I could make sense of the math at some point, I just don't like it in observation.