Looking forward to hearing Thornhill and Talbott on C2C AM

Books, journal articles, web pages, and news reports that can help to clarify the history and promise of the Electric Universe hypothesis.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

crashcow

Looking forward to hearing Thornhill and Talbott on C2C AM

Unread post by crashcow » Fri May 13, 2011 8:27 pm

Hi, it's been a long while since I've posted on the Thunderbolts forum - and if I've inadvertently posted this in the wrong sub-forum, consider this preamble my mea culpa - but I've just learned that Wallace Thornhill and David Talbott are to be the featured guests on Coast to Coast AM next week (Wednesday May 18th). I was very excited to hear of this, and I'm looking forward to listening... even if George Noory is far from being my favourite interviewer on radio.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2011/05/18

I tried searching the forums before posting, to see if any mention had been made already - but I came up empty. I just wanted to share this with you all in case you hadn't heard about the upcoming show.

crashcow

Re: Looking forward to hearing Thornhill and Talbott on C2C AM

Unread post by crashcow » Fri May 20, 2011 8:00 am

Well it was an entertaining evening (except for the first hour, which featured one of C2C's more run-of-the-mill type guests, a "gold standard" nutter). George seemed to be listening a bit more intently than usual as to what was being said, and only rarely muffed things up. He did seem a little disappointed not to be able to get into his preferred speculative territory (Nibiru and/or Planet X), but Talbott and Thornhill did a pretty good job of keeping the conversation from being steered towards the outright silly.

Thanks for that, guys.

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Sun May 22, 2011 11:59 am

Hear, hear! Couldn't agree more, Crash- I think Dave & Wal handled those marginally treacherous waters with aplomb! 8-)
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

Orthogonal

Unread post by Orthogonal » Sun May 22, 2011 6:06 pm

I was only able to hear the first hour before going to bed. How did the rest of the interview go? Is there a transcript or copy of the interview?

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Mon May 23, 2011 10:19 am

I can't listen to "streaming" audio on dialup....

It would be nice to have the interview on TB's multimedia page, even temporarily, as a down-loadable file.
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Mon May 23, 2011 11:51 am

I was hoping it would turn up on the torrents list, there are lots for C2C. Not yet that I can find though.
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

mathew

Unread post by mathew » Mon May 23, 2011 5:33 pm

Hey there folks-

here is the full two hour interview on coast 2 coast
with Dave Talbott, and Wal Thornhill. (no commercials) Enjoy! I sure did!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n1upoW5h5g

Also here are their recent presentations from the NPA-

David Talbott- The Future of Science under an Electric Universe Paradigm
http://www.worldsci.org/php/index.php?t ... lay&id=342

Wal Thornhill-The Natural Philosophy of the Electric Universe
http://www.worldsci.org/php/index.php?t ... lay&id=337
The wind.. in its greatest power, whirls. -Black Elk

crashcow

Unread post by crashcow » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:08 pm

Ah, so the "Resources" sub-forum would have been the more appropriate place to post this topic - thanks for moving it, I wasn't sure where it should have gone.

I know another place where you can find an edited stream of the program, but I don't want to cause any trouble for the site owner by posting the URL on an open forum (PremRad are a particularly heavy-handed lot where their content is concerned).

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:46 am

It's also on Youtube now btw.
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington