New Book - "A Beginner's View of Our Electric Universe"

Books, journal articles, web pages, and news reports that can help to clarify the history and promise of the Electric Universe hypothesis.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

tfindlay

New Book - "A Beginner's View of Our Electric Universe"

Unread post by tfindlay » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:05 am

Hello to all on the TB forum ...

When I came across the EU model in early 2010 I was so impressed that I decided to write a book for beginners ... I adopted the title "A Beginner's View of Our Electric Universe". This post is to let folks know that the book is now available in one of the three formats that I have planned to produce and to say a few other things about it ...

First, this current version is totally free as an Adobe PDF that can be downloaded and passed to anyone. I also intend to have produced, a more "industry standard" eBook version and a printed book in full colour. These other versions are now well advanced with the print-on-demand publisher that I have selected to work with here in the UK, and I hope they will be available soon for anyone who may prefer those formats.

In terms of science, I am a layman so, to construct the book, I have merely drawn from the work of the experts in the world whom we all know and love, plus a few other similarly respectable sources.

Back in 2010, after having obtained and studied what I found available at the time, I saw a gap in the market for a book such as this. It is primarily aimed at a lay audience, which in my view, will range from those who are previously unversed in science and astronomy to those, who for their own reasons, are already unhappy with the standard model and who actively look for something else. There is no mathematics and I have tried to keep fancy words out. My motivation to do this? Well, two things; I wanted to give something back to the Thunderbolts project overall, for it and the work of the dedicated folks involved had provided me, and still does, with something very important indeed for my personal big picture; and, I knew that making this level of information available to others such as myself was the right thing to do. These things being very important, I have always intended that the book should be freely available to anyone, anywhere. The hopeful idea behind this being that it would act as a stepping-stone to the more technical publications and information already available in printed form and on-line, especially the information on http://www.thunderbolts.info and http://www.holoscience.com

Not having any previous experience with the task of writing a book, I took what I saw as the simple approach to setting the scene by using my own, admittedly, rapidly formed view, in order to create the lead-in to the main body of information. It made sense for me to do things this way for I was allowed to retain, more easily, a focus on what I was doing and where I wanted my writing to go. Therefore, I can only hope that anyone who reads the book will understand why, here and there, I make some of the opinions I have come to develop along the way, clear.

As I try to be realistic about what folks might say after reading the book, I see three main reasons for feedback:
  • Suggestions for improving the existing content (Perhaps someone will take it upon themselves to write a better book; and I think that would be great!)
  • Direct challenges to the content
  • Questions based on the desire to find out more
I can personally address and do invite comments and questions that are on the same basic level as the book, but for anyone who looks for deeper, more detailed information, I will have to direct them for answers to others who are far more capable than me, probably to the serious researchers who frequent this here Thunderbolts forum.

Finally, my book is certainly not perfect, so, as I have mentioned above, I would love to see others take up the challenge of writing about the EU model for the totally uninitiated public, for it seems to me that this would be a powerful demographic to develop roads into and to have on our side as we increasingly gain traction with making our case.

The download version is available here: http://www.newtoeu.com

I hope that you or someone you know has time to read my book, and I look forward to receiving and learning from any comments that you or others may have.

My regards to everyone here ... Tom.

Sparky

Re: New Book - "A Beginner's View of Our Electric Universe"

Unread post by Sparky » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:45 pm

Thanks for the pdf....I'll eventually read it through... :D

I like the way the text doesn't require scrolling.... ;)
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

tfindlay

Unread post by tfindlay » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:46 am

Sparky wrote:Thanks for the pdf....I'll eventually read it through... :D

I like the way the text doesn't require scrolling.... ;)
Cheers, Sparky ... Take your time, and I hope that when you finish you think it's been worthwhile. I'm doing marketing on the cheap so please pass the URL on to anyone else you know who might be interested. Ideally, for me, some might not find the PDF just so handy and come back to buy either the eBook or printed version ... when they're ready ;)

Cheers ... Tom.

MrAmsterdam

Unread post by MrAmsterdam » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:23 am

Hello Tom,

Just downloaded the book yesterday and I'm on page 20 already. Ill give you some feedback after I finished reading it.

Thank you very much for my early Christmas gift!
Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. -Nikola Tesla -1934

tfindlay

Unread post by tfindlay » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:58 pm

MrAmsterdam wrote:Hello Tom,

Just downloaded the book yesterday and I'm on page 20 already. Ill give you some feedback after I finished reading it.

Thank you very much for my early Christmas gift!
Hi Mr.A ...

That's great, and I do look forward to people's comments so thanks for the promise ...

I've just uploaded another updated version with today's date on it (21st Nov). This one has a few minor things changed.

Cheers ... Tom aka Santa ;)

tfindlay

Unread post by tfindlay » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:35 am

It seems that my previous buried mention of this can get missed so, I just wanted to remind anyone who is interested that some minor amendments have been made and that a new version of the PDF of the book is now available on the http://www.newtoeu.com website.

Cheers ... Tom.

Jules

Unread post by Jules » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:04 am

Hi Tom,

I just wanted to say congratulations on producing an excellent book for beginners to the EU. I was planning to get copies of The Electric Sky/Universe and I'm sure I still will, but this is a great primer. Many thanks for your effort - terrific job!

Regarding the above mentioned books, which would you recommend as being next on my reading list? Just wondering how technical they are.
It isn't what we don't know that gets us into trouble, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so! - Mark Twain

Vasa

Unread post by Vasa » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:26 pm

Jules wrote:Hi Tom,

I just wanted to say congratulations on producing an excellent book for beginners to the EU. I was planning to get copies of The Electric Sky/Universe and I'm sure I still will, but this is a great primer. Many thanks for your effort - terrific job!

Regarding the above mentioned books, which would you recommend as being next on my reading list? Just wondering how technical they are.
Electric Sky is very straightforward and an easy read for a layman. I highly recommend it.

Now, my next task is to read Don's textbook "An Introduction to Circuit Analysis: A System Approach." :? :(

tfindlay

Unread post by tfindlay » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:33 pm

Hi Jules ...

Well, thank you indeed. I really do appreciate your kind assessment of my contribution to the EU education effort. It may be redundant to ask you this but please do mention the book to anyone else you think might be interested.

As far as the other books go - The Electric Universe and The Electric Sky, I've read them both more than once and must say that, with the interested lay person as a newcomer in mind, it may depend somewhat on their pre-existing knowledge as to which of these books I might suggest they read first. For myself, I started with The Electric Sky, and that suited me because of my background. However, I can see the case that others might experience a slightly less technical but more comprehensive introduction if they read The Electric Universe first. In saying this, I don't think that someone who is prepared, and who has the intent of ultimately reading both books, would miss out on anything, no matter which book they decided to read first. I'd also say that in general, one doesn't have to be highly versed in astronomy, mathematics or physics to get the overall point and major messages from either of these books, although an awareness of the fundamentals would be very useful, which I suspect in your own case you now have to an extent after reading my book ;)

All the best and thanks again ... Tom.

Jules

Unread post by Jules » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:40 am

Thanks guys for the feedback re Electric Sky/Universe. Actually, I have a degree in Electronics but ended up in I.T. rather than engineering, this was back in the early 90's - I may have to dig out some of my old textbooks and refresh my memory of the basics.

I find the subject quite fascinating; recently I've been doing a bit of star gazing and going to my local astronomical society meetings. The subject of "multiverses" came up in conversation recently and some of us (including me) were of the opinion that the whole concept was just a fudge dreamed up by cosmologists to make the equations balance, now I'm starting to realise this practice has been going on for a long time!

Tom, you mentioned a printed version of your book in a previous post - is one available? if not, I'll use lulu.com to get a hardcopy. I don't like reading large amounts of text from a screen and it would be handy to have a copy for future reference.

cheers,
It isn't what we don't know that gets us into trouble, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so! - Mark Twain

tfindlay

Unread post by tfindlay » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:30 am

Jules wrote:Tom, you mentioned a printed version of your book in a previous post - is one available? if not, I'll use lulu.com to get a hardcopy. I don't like reading large amounts of text from a screen and it would be handy to have a copy for future reference.

cheers,
Hi Jules ...

Yes, a hard copy is in the works; as is an eBook. I'm sitting here right now confirming with the publisher the final details on this so it should be available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble etc within a few weeks. It sticks in my craw however that 95% of the price of the book if purchased via that route goes to the printer and wholesaler. I previously had some thoughts about this but had not known the details till today so, I have in place another plan to sell the book via the http://www.newtoeu.com website if I can get a decent price for buying it direct from the printer. If interested, you'd need to keep an eye on the website for this or drop me a message at tomf@newtoeu.com

It sounds as though your lead-up to and experience of things that people seem automatically prepared to accept, dawning on you as something that has being going on for quite a long time, is very similar to how it happened for me. All it took to set my new course was to (metaphorically) turn the light on; look at what was actually there, and then try to use some common sense and good judgement ... the rest is history!

My best to you and for your further studies.

Tom.

Jules

Unread post by Jules » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:32 am

Vasa wrote:
Jules wrote:Hi Tom,
Now, my next task is to read Don's textbook "An Introduction to Circuit Analysis: A System Approach." :? :(
I have Hayt & Kemmerley's "Engineering Circuit Analyis", 5th Ed. but I wouldn't mind a copy of Don's book, shame it's out of print. There are few 2nd hand copies available but they're a bit pricey. :cry:

If you want to get a handle on Maxwell's equations, I've just received a copy of A Student's Guide to Maxwell's Equations and it looks excellent, I wish I had this when I was a student.