Life Around Dwarf Stars

Many Internet forums have carried discussion of the Electric Universe hypothesis. Much of that discussion has added more confusion than clarity, due to common misunderstandings of the electrical principles. Here we invite participants to discuss their experiences and to summarize questions that have yet to be answered.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

frankebe

Life Around Dwarf Stars

Unread post by frankebe » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:35 pm

I’ve read thousands of pages worth of all the EU material I’ve been able to find, and I still cannot wrap my brain around the notion of habitable planets orbiting a dwarf star, which is a very exciting proposition. Maybe some of you can fill in the blanks for me: If life is best supported in a planet orbiting with the CHROMOSPHERE of a brown dwarf, how can the planet stay within this atmosphere? The sun's chromosphere is a pretty narrow band; is the chromosphere of a dwarf star unusually wide? With our own sun, beyond the chromosphere is the blasting hot corona. I assume we’re supposing that a dwarf star has a very cool corona? How do the atmospheres of brown dwarfs differ from regular stars to allow (apparently) a very large chromosphere and (perhaps?) no hot corona? And where does all this water and oxygen come from that “rains down” into the atmosphere of a planet? I’m not being critical, I really want to understand this.

tholden

Re: Life Around Dwarf Stars

Unread post by tholden » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:27 pm

frankebe wrote:I’ve read thousands of pages worth of all the EU material I’ve been able to find, and I still cannot wrap my brain around the notion of habitable planets orbiting a dwarf star....
The real version of that one is now available both as a paperback and in Kindle format.

http://www.amazon.com/Cosmos-Collision- ... +collision

http://www.amazon.com/Cosmos-in-Collisi ... +collision

The paperback is a bit pricey but this book is heavily illustrated and the illustrations pretty much have to be in color. There is no cheap or simple way to produce color paperbacks. One of my math profs once stated that there is no problem in mathematics, physics, or engineering which was so complicated, that you couldn't draw some sort of a relatively simple picture which would make it easier to deal with.