Molecular Plasma?

Many Internet forums have carried discussion of the Electric Universe hypothesis. Much of that discussion has added more confusion than clarity, due to common misunderstandings of the electrical principles. Here we invite participants to discuss their experiences and to summarize questions that have yet to be answered.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Frantic

Molecular Plasma?

Unread post by Frantic » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:59 pm

Are molecular plasma's found naturally? A super-cooled molecule can be excited by a laser and form molecular plasma. The experiment uses Nitric Oxide and states it can be done for any molecule which vaporizes. To me it seems everything has a vaporization point, but do they mean something specific that the molecule can vaporize?

One of the characteristics of plasma is the lack of molecular bonding. What does it mean to be a molecular plasma? Are its characteristics substantially different or does this become the same electron ion soup just from another source, are bonds broken, are neutrons emitted?

Must a plasma have to be made of e- and H+, can a plasma of O2 exist? Can a double layer consist of for example, F- and Li+? Obviously this makes no sense if covalent bonding is broken in plasmas. My only thought is in nature an extreme pressure could compact metallic halides, for example, into a super-cooled state, at which it becomes an extremely good conductor.

I am trying to imagine a molecular plasma, I am seeing the same ionic soup but with neutrons somewhere in the mix? That makes no sense, what am I missing about this experiment, does a force act on the neutron to keep it within the plasma?

Any help would be appreciated, debunked, theory only, or practical?

this is an old article from 2008

http://physics.aps.org/story/v22/st17

Frantic

Re: Molecular Plasma?

Unread post by Frantic » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:57 pm

Well Thanks "JustCurious" for pointing me to Robitaille. My horrible understanding has been improved. But if someone could shed some light on what molecules could actually form a plasma in nature that would be interesting. I am searching, found very little, seems to indicate molecules as cold plasma or as minor constituents within a plasma.
Pierre-Marie Robitaille proposes that the Sun is made of supercritical liquid hydrogen.
He will be presenting at the EU2014 conference in Albuquerque.
This paper is actually pretty good read, and not too long.

http://www.ptep-online.com/index_files/ ... -26-07.PDF