plasma vs. dark matter

Many Internet forums have carried discussion of the Electric Universe hypothesis. Much of that discussion has added more confusion than clarity, due to common misunderstandings of the electrical principles. Here we invite participants to discuss their experiences and to summarize questions that have yet to be answered.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Steve Smith

Re: plasma vs. dark matter

Unread post by Steve Smith » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:26 am

I actually should have said "publically announced" rather than not know, because, of course, he published his paper and sent it to me and Jim, among others, at that time. The public was not very aware of his publication until the conference and subsequent video release.

Your comments about how a very few forum members understand or accept what comes from Electric Universe papers is beside the point that I'm making, however. Neither you, Jim, or most other people here are Nobel prize winners, or accredited in academia. Those powerhouses that I referred to are, and when debating the mainstream, what Steve Smith, Jim Johnson, or Celeste say carries no weight. Sorry if that offends you. I've written nearly a thousand articles for the Picture of the Day, but I would never argue with a mainstream scientist on that basis. I would provide information from those who are noted for their work, and who have (or had) feet in both camps. You and others are to be commended for your comprehension but that isn't what Jone Dae is looking for.

Steve Smith

Unread post by Steve Smith » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:09 am

The spelling errors are due to 6:00 AM :roll:

celeste

Unread post by celeste » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:19 am

Steve Smith wrote: Neither you, Jim, or most other people here are Nobel prize winners, or accredited in academia. Those powerhouses that I referred to are, and when debating the mainstream, what Steve Smith, Jim Johnson, or Celeste say carries no weight. Sorry if that offends you.
Steve, You are right, I'm no Nobel prize winner. I did, however, get my degree in physics,did well enough (barely), to get a free ride to graduate school in astronomy. More to the point here, is that while I am not in academia, I have former professors,and classmates who did get jobs in their field, who DO seem to be at least mildly interested in what I have to say. And I'll add, I'm not even close to being the most intelligent/educated/connected member posting in the forum.
I will make this my last post on this subject. Again though, let me stress, I think you seriously underestimate forum members, and their potential in taking the EU to the mainstream. And yes, even helping to tweak EU ideas where they are still wrong.

Steve Smith

Unread post by Steve Smith » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:45 am

Celeste, you seem to want to make me some kind of bad guy for preferring the counsel of well-known advocates to that derived from a casual assembly. It strikes me as odd that you focus on comments that were not directed at you, personally and ignore the positive affirmations. I don't really care how well you did in school; that has nothing to do with what I wrote. This is the last thing I have to say.