"Lightning in the Wind"

Hundreds of TPODs have been published since the summer of 2004. In particular, we invite discussion of present and recent TPODs, perhaps with additional links to earlier TPOD pages. Suggestions for future pages will be welcome. Effective TPOD drafts will be MORE than welcome and could be your opportunity to become a more active part of the Thunderbolts team.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Sparky

"Lightning in the Wind"

Unread post by Sparky » Fri May 23, 2014 6:38 am

May 22, 2014 by Stephen Smith

Questioning the Analogy of:
As previously written, the capacitor effect is probably what contributes to lightning discharges. Capacitors are usually made of two conductors separated by an insulating medium, or dielectric insulator. An electric charge on one conductor attracts an opposite charge to the other conductor, resulting in an electric field between them that acts as an electrical energy reserve. Thunderstorms are most likely behaving like capacitors: the clouds are one plate, the ground another, and the atmosphere is the dielectric insulator.
Though a capacitor is a much simpler device, I suggest that the Tesla coil demonstrates the arc between two plates much better. ;)
Eeeerrrrrrrrrr, did not notice that this was a gif. Do not recall their legality.. :?
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

jtb

Re: "Lightning in the Wind"

Unread post by jtb » Sun May 25, 2014 4:34 am

The same quote from "Lightning in the Wind" above sparked a question in my mind.

We know that our world (Earth and its atmosphere) is in some sort of container, otherwise the higher pressure of our atmosphere would equalize with the lower pressure of space. Our world is like a spherical aerosol can traveling in space.

The shell of the aerosol can is positively charged. A negatively charged spherical Earth is in the center of the spherical aerosol can rotating at ~1,000 mph west to east. The atmosphere is a dielectric (polarized insulator) separating the positive charge of the shell from the negative charge of Earth. The dielectric is rotating at ~1,000 mph at the equator locked to the negative charge of Earth.

The prevailing winds at the equator are east to west, which means that the atmosphere is traveling ~1,000 mph minus the velocity of the prevailing winds.

At higher latitudes prevailing winds are west to east, which means the atmosphere is traveling faster than Earth is rotating.

Can anyone reference a scientific lab experiment that provides evidence that the dielectric material (atmosphere) between two oppositely charged spheres is locked to the inner rotating sphere?

A much simpler explanation is that Earth and the atmosphere are not rotating and weather anomalies and wind are caused by various electrical influences of the sun.

jacmac

Unread post by jacmac » Sun May 25, 2014 3:21 pm

jtb,
Don,t we need the rotating earth for day/night cycle ?
I am not seeing your point; too many velocities relative to what please ?

jtb

Unread post by jtb » Sun May 25, 2014 6:18 pm

jacmac wrote:Don,t we need the rotating earth for day/night cycle ?
Since I read Velikovsky's Worlds in Collision a few years ago I have questioned whether or not Earth is rotating. Velikovsky showed through global myths that there was in fact a day that lasted much longer than 24 hours, called Joshua’s Long Day from the book of Joshua in the Bible. Joshua said “Sun, stand thou still”. He could easily have said “Earth, still thy rotation”. In other words, the sun, and probably the universe, daily orbits a stationary Earth.

A sun centered universe proposed by Copernicus was originally rejected by consensus science because it was presented as a theory without any scientific evidence. To my knowledge, that lack of evidence still exists today.

The present consensus is that Copernicus was wrong. The universe is flat and has no center or boarders, again without scientific evidence.

Also, modern consensus science over the last several decades has Earth traveling >2,000,000 mph through the expanding universe: an absurdity.

The Michelson-Morley experiment, attempting to find evidence that Earth orbited the sun, failed. Einstein discredited the experiment by suggesting that space was empty: nothing, or no thing: again an absurdity.

The Michelson-Gale experiment determined that either Earth was rotating at ~1,000 mph, or that the aether (universe) was rotating about Earth.

I can find no satisfactory scientific explanation of how the atmosphere rotates at the same speed as Earth. Absent that evidence, I have to believe that the earth is stationary and the sun orbits Earth.
jacmac wrote:I am not seeing your point; too many velocities relative to what please ?
If Earth is rotating ~1,000 mph relative to a stationary atmosphere everything on the surface would be destroyed. Its like sticking your hand out the window of a fast moving car. The air is relatively stationary. If the wind is blowing at the same velocity and in the same direction as the moving car, there is no effect on your hand.

Either the atmosphere is somehow locked to the surface of the earth, or, Earth is not rotating.

What is the electrical explanation of the atmosphere being locked to the surface of the earth and what scientific experiments have been preformed to support that explanation?

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Mon May 26, 2014 7:51 am

jtb,
This board and this thread are for the discussion of TPOD's and the subjects covered by those TPOD's.
The topic of a geocentric universe does not fall into that category and is not appropriate here.

jtb

Unread post by jtb » Wed May 28, 2014 4:37 am

Thanks Nick. I'll stick to the original TPOD issue of dielectric characteristics.

Can anyone reference a scientific lab experiment that provides evidence that a dielectric material (atmosphere) between two oppositely charged spheres is locked to the inner rotating sphere?