A Fuzzy, Burning Star

Hundreds of TPODs have been published since the summer of 2004. In particular, we invite discussion of present and recent TPODs, perhaps with additional links to earlier TPOD pages. Suggestions for future pages will be welcome. Effective TPOD drafts will be MORE than welcome and could be your opportunity to become a more active part of the Thunderbolts team.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

jtb

A Fuzzy, Burning Star

Unread post by jtb » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:26 am

A Fuzzy, Burning Star October 13, 2014 by Stephen Smith
Of further interest is the fact that other planetary bodies, like Titan and Mars, have no intrinsic magnetic fields but do have magnetotails. This lends support to the electrical connection that the Sun maintains with its collection of orbiting bodies. Since other rocky bodies in the Solar System do not have magnetotails, it must be that it is atmospheric density that contributes to their formation. Venus, Mars, and Titan all possess atmospheres, where Mercury, the Moon, or Triton do not.
Wow! Makes too much sense. Now the question is what came first, the magnetosphere that protects the atmosphere or the atmosphere that makes the magnetosphere and magnetotails possible?

Wiki still states that magnetospheres are a result of a cosmic body's magnetic field.

Steve Smith

Re: A Fuzzy, Burning Star

Unread post by Steve Smith » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:32 pm

I think the magnetospheres of the rocky bodies that possess them are the result of planetary interactions, or some other kind of plasma event. In some cases, magnetopheres might have been obiterated by electrical activity. If a magnet is exposed to shock and heat, it discharges. In other cases, magnetospheres could be created by a highly charged environment as described above -- magnets must be charged up, for example.

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:08 am

hi Steve,
Given the basics of the Electric Universe, could all or part of the Earth's magnetosphere be the result or a remnant of a past (and different from today) electrical condition?

Steve Smith

Unread post by Steve Smith » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:05 am

Yes, Nick.

My research, based on the work of many people, past and present, indicates that Earth's electromagnetic fields could have been orders of magnitude greater or less than they are today, thus influencing its gravity field. The electromagnetic nature of gravity is highly controversial. However, I see a lot of evidence for a lower gravity field on Earth at some time in the past.

I wrote a Picture of the Day called, Tyrannosaurus Rex: Prima Ballerina several years ago that discusses the idea. However, I think there are even better examples.

Consider the pterosaur called quetzalcoatlus, as big as a modern giraffe with a wing span of at least 12 meters, and weighing about 500 kilograms. Its skull was so large that it could swallow a full-grown man. By no stretch of the imagination can one think that a 500 kilogram pterosaur could ever fly in today's gravity field.

I know that there are glosses from the scientific community that say they soared, lived in high aeries, and caught fish on the wing. However, the delicacy of the wing structure belies that idea. They would have folded up like a broken kite from their own weight. This ties in with Ted Holden's analysis of brontosaurus: in todays gravity field, it would have been unable to even lift itself off the ground.

That tells me that gravity can fluctuate in strength. And what about the megafauna in North America's past? Bison with horn spans of 4 meters; dire wolves 8 feet high at the shoulder; armadillos as big as a Volkswagon Beetle -- it could be that Earth's force fields have changed many times in the past, perhaps into the time of human beings. "There were giants in the Earth in those days..." might not be such a fanciful idea. There are a lot of reports from various sources that talk about giant human skeletons, although that's anecdotal.

Zyxzevn

Unread post by Zyxzevn » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:31 am

A fluctuating gravity can also explain how ancient people were able to transport very very big stones.
More ** from zyxzevn at: Paradigm change and C@