Holy Moly!

Hundreds of TPODs have been published since the summer of 2004. In particular, we invite discussion of present and recent TPODs, perhaps with additional links to earlier TPOD pages. Suggestions for future pages will be welcome. Effective TPOD drafts will be MORE than welcome and could be your opportunity to become a more active part of the Thunderbolts team.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

antosarai

Holy Moly!

Unread post by antosarai » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:35 pm

On March 20th TPOD, Stephen Smith wrote:
If the Sun is connected to the rest of the galaxy by Birkeland current “transmission lines,” then its puzzling characteristics with respect to conventional interpretations are most likely demonstrating fluctuations in electric charge arriving from the Milky Way’s generator.
First time I've heard it mentioned so I have to ask, what and where is the Milky Way's generator?

nick c
Site Admin

Re: Holy Moly!

Unread post by nick c » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:17 pm

Steve is referring to the plasmoid at the core of the Milky Way.
From the TPOD of July 8, 2004:
Driving Forces of the Milky Way
From an electric universe point of view, this is the most active expression of the electric power of the Milky Way. This is where currents are focused from the spiral arms down into a tiny donut-shaped plasmoid. From the center of this plasmoid, electric currents spray out from the axis of the galaxy, then return along the spiral arms, inducing magnetic fields and lighting up the stars. The energy stored in the plasmoid is released in prodigious outbursts of high speed particles and radiation, heralded by explosive flares.
also:
Space News: Milky Way Plasma-focus Plasmoid
Plasmoids are the Power
Milky Way Plasma-focus Plasmoid

sketch1946

Unread post by sketch1946 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:48 pm

antosarai wrote:On March 20th TPOD, Stephen Smith wrote:
If the Sun is connected to the rest of the galaxy by Birkeland current “transmission lines,” then its puzzling characteristics with respect to conventional interpretations are most likely demonstrating fluctuations in electric charge arriving from the Milky Way’s generator.
First time I've heard it mentioned so I have to ask, what and where is the Milky Way's generator?
Nick replies:
nick c wrote:Steve is referring to the plasmoid at the core of the Milky Way.
From the TPOD of July 8, 2004:
Driving Forces of the Milky Way
I followed that link, and read it.... then I became curious about the use of the term 'dust':
"***Dust veils most of the core of the Milky Way from optical observations, but today's radio, infrared, ultraviolet and x-ray telescopes uncover intriguing images and data about the activity at the center of our home galaxy."
http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2004/ ... galaxy.htm

I thought, is it really dust? or should the term be 'plasma', so I went googling:
Found this very interesting page challenging the inclusion of some ideas in Wikipedia....

Why can't you find some interesting things easily on Wikipedia?
This page I found is a good example of science-as-religion vs heretical non-mainstream:
" I've taken this to Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Enforcement since this push comes so soon after the topic ban removal, IRWolfie- (talk) 19:51, 9 November 2012 (UTC)

" Anthony Peratt is a reputable scientist who held senior posts in the DOE and at Los Alamos. He is an expert in plasma and he's written a text book on the subject. Iantresman has argued there is nothing about the scientifically non-mainstream theory of plasma cosmology in this text book. I can't see that IRWolfie~ has countered that argument anywhere above, which would be simple to do by simply citing an instance. Instead his argument is that Iantresman is wikilawyering by "asking for a source to say [Iantresman's] source is unreliable". It is not Iantresman who is wikilawyering.

It is disturbing to see here a vendetta being carried out on a reputable scientist. Examples: "The Plasma universe is a fringe viewpoint and it will not be getting space in this non-fringe article per WP:ONEWAY. IRWolfie-" (the point about this discussion was that Iantresman was arguing that the text book wasn't about plasma cosmology, but IRWolfie~ wishes to silence Peratt for his heresy...."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk%3ADusty_plasma

"Plasma Universe? Aaagh! forbidden word!
the man's a heretic! burn his books, burn, off to the stake.... :-)
By describing Peratt as 'reputable', it implies that non-mainstream is 'disreputable'
Reputable science is by inference pure, holy...
a religious concept is similar
'Macula'='stain', vs 'Immaculate'=unblemished, without stain.... :-)
Unlike our imperfect dusty ol' universe and our primeval last scattering,
'pure' science, pure physics, or 'pure' mathematics is conceived as 'without spot, blemish or wrinkle'

antosarai

Unread post by antosarai » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:26 am

nick c wrote:Steve is referring to the plasmoid at the core of the Milky Way.
(...)
So the "generator" is in fact just an accumulator ?