anode glow July 7

Hundreds of TPODs have been published since the summer of 2004. In particular, we invite discussion of present and recent TPODs, perhaps with additional links to earlier TPOD pages. Suggestions for future pages will be welcome. Effective TPOD drafts will be MORE than welcome and could be your opportunity to become a more active part of the Thunderbolts team.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

jacmac

anode glow July 7

Unread post by jacmac » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:19 pm

Picture of the day:

Anode Glow
Posted on July 7, 2017 by Stephen Smith

Today's Picture of the day says:
Stars are “positive anodes in a galactic glow discharge”.
The common definitions of anode and cathode are based on the direction of current flow into or out of a device.
Current flow is the direction of the positive ion's flow, or the opposite direction of the flow of electrons. This is of course a matter of convention.
There are four parts to any situation involving anode and cathode.
1. A device (like a battery, or a power source)
2. The anode
3. The cathode
4. The circuit external to the device, being supplied by the device.

The terminal names can be reversed for example when a battery is being charged. Then the device is the charger and the battery is the external circuit.

So, what is this post about ?

The basic form of a solar(star) system has only three parts. IMO
1. The terminal at the core of the star.
2. The outer terminal which is the spherical outer boundary of the star system.
3. The spherical areas between these two, which includes photosphere, chromosphere, corona, and all the rest of
the solar environment.

Number three is not both the device and the circuit, or is it ?
IF IT IS BOTH AT THE SAME TIME
We need new names for the terminal places.

An ANODE sun needs a device and a circuit. ???

Attempting to think outside the box.

Jack

fosborn_

Re: anode glow July 7

Unread post by fosborn_ » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:52 am

Isn't a prediction of EU, that Double layers need classified as a object class and wouldn't that be a key circuit component, not assuming that, only "the ashes of gravity" are left?
The most exciting phrase to hear in science,
the one that heralds new discoveries,
is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'
Isaac Asimov

jacmac

Unread post by jacmac » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:29 am

Yes.
My recollection is that Alfven describes double layers as a distinct type of plasma object.
There may be double layers within and outside the solar system.

I am suggesting that using the terms Anode and Cathode would indicate that there is a DEVICE with two electrodes to carry current AND there is a second SOMETHING attached to the terminals that would provide the electric power or energy.

I see only one device.
The solar system: with a probable hidden solid core at one "terminal" and the heliosphere at the outer boundary as the other "terminal" and the DEVICE is the entire solar system in between the two "terminals".
If the sun is externally powered, all the power must come in through the heliosphere.
There is no way to get power into the core "terminal" that does not come from the outer "terminal".
So there is no second part ,or circuit, separately attached to the inner core "terminal" that provides separate power to that "terminal". Thus the terms anode and cathode are misleading.

The safire project places a voltage across the chamber FROM AN EXTERNAL SOURCE; one wire directly to the anode in the center and the other wire directly to the outer shell as the cathode. They, no doubt, are finding interesting and valuable new plasma information, but I am saying the solar circuit is not the same. There is no separate wire to the inner core.

I propose that the solar system is like a GIANT CELL which collects plasma energy from the external Inter Stellar Medium and somehow condenses it inward to form the sun around the solid inner core.
The sun(suns) is another distinct type of self organizing plasma object. IMO

The above idea can explain very high density solar clusters:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_cluster

Jack

comingfrom

Unread post by comingfrom » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:34 am

There is no separate wire to the inner core.
Not one wire.
But barely perceptible Birkeland currents are touching down all the time (they are being observed and reported).
Sometimes with explosive results (Solar flares and CMEs),
which imo shows, they are not insignificant streams of charge.

The heliospheric boundary acts as a collector, collecting radiation that comes from the galaxy.
That radiation is discharged from the boundary regions down to the corona.
All the incoming charge collected from such vast volume of space is becoming dense at this region,
which is why the corona is so charged and so hot.
But even the corona can contain only so much charge, and it discharges down to the photosphere,
causing the wonderful displays of plasmic activity we see.

Double layers are what hold the differently charged spherical regions in stable layers.
The same basic thing is happening on Earth.
The ionosphere layer receives the charge (and baryonic material) from the Sun.
The ionosphere leaks [discharges] the charge and ions into the lower layers of the atmosphere where the charged baryons interact with the water in the air, forming droplets, clouds, and rain.
Rain, and lightning, are electrical discharge.
It's the charge in the ionosphere "earthing out".

So, the circuit part of our solar device runs through the galactic core, and through the star systems.
The galaxy in turned is powered by currents that run through the galaxies.
With systems this big, you don't have to worry about the battery running down.
At least, not in the short term.
:P

Another point to remember is that in Birkeland currents [nature's wires] are bi-directional currents.
There are so called 'positives' and 'negatives' flowing both ways.
That is where using man made anode cathode systems as an analogy breaks down, imo.
Otherwise, the power source, the circuit, and the terminals, are all there.

Of course, I may be wrong, in part or in full.
But this is my model after what I have studied in EU theory so far.
Paul

jacmac

Unread post by jacmac » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:32 pm

comingfrom:
That is where using man made anode cathode systems as an analogy breaks down, imo.
I think we are saying basically the same thing in different ways.
The heliospheric boundary acts as a collector, collecting radiation that comes from the galaxy.
That is what I said: "If the sun is externally powered, all the power must come in through the heliosphere."
The use of anode and cathode are not correct. IMO.
These terms come from, and are used to describe circuits connected to a power source.
These circuits have two terminals.
Anode and Cathode.
They are each connected independently to that power source.

Assuming our sun is powered from outside the solar system (as I do ) there is only one TERMINAL.
The Heliosphere outer boundary. There is no second terminal.
The entire solar system is within its outer boundary.
The anode and cathode terminology is misleading and incorrect. IMO

jack

comingfrom

Unread post by comingfrom » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:58 pm

Thank you, Jacmac.

I do like what you are saying, and believe you are right.
It makes sense, so I'll take that as a correction.
Paul