Igneous, Metamorphic & Sedimentary Double Spheres

Hundreds of TPODs have been published since the summer of 2004. In particular, we invite discussion of present and recent TPODs, perhaps with additional links to earlier TPOD pages. Suggestions for future pages will be welcome. Effective TPOD drafts will be MORE than welcome and could be your opportunity to become a more active part of the Thunderbolts team.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Brigit Bara

Igneous, Metamorphic & Sedimentary Double Spheres

Unread post by Brigit Bara » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:49 pm

Dr. CJ Ransom and Wal Thornhill published a paper with IEEE describing an electrical experiment which successfully produced small hematite spheres, very much like the Martian Blueberries seen by the Rover Opportunity at Meridiani Planum on Mars.

When iron oxide, quartz sand, and lava sand were exposed to a plasma discharge for 5 or more seconds, small spheres were consistently formed. These little lab created spheres elicited such astonishment and wonder, for me, that I have spent much of my spare time and resources both having additional experiments carried out, and searching for any possible naturally occurring examples of the spheres.

In particular, sometimes the lab created spheres were in a double or triple form; the double spheres were seen in the original published paper, and the triple, joined spheres were created in an experiment carried out later in the same process, using lava sand.

By June of 2012 I was blessed to publish a small paper (through an alternative science association) which laid out the groundwork for the continued investigation into the possible rapid, electrical formation of soft-bodied fossil concretions. For many reasons, I felt these compared very well with lab-created stone spheres. Here in the northwest there are many formations with crab, shrimp, and brittle star fossils, three dimensionally preserved inside of concretions. There is typically not much breakdown of these crustaceans. Besides having a very lifelike fossil as a nucleus, the sandstone spheres have many other consistent features. I also visited fossil sites in other states, such as the Mazon Creek Formation in Illinois. Along with a lot of other physical evidence for rapid, electrical formation of fossil-bearing concretions, I found a number of double, that is, fused spheres which contained the same beautiful soft bodied fossils as the singles.

Over the years, my collection grew to include double and triple fused spheres from all three rock types -- sedimentary, metamorphic, and igneous. I would be pleased to share these with you, as a way of bringing some completion to the findings. I have also gathered examples of another electrical process that easily forms double and triple spheres. I should mention that electrically produced spheres are often hollow, as well.
“Oh for shame, how these mortals put the blame upon us gods, for they say evils come from us, when it is they rather who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given…”
~Homer

ElecGeekMom

Re: Igneous, Metamorphic & Sedimentary Double Spheres

Unread post by ElecGeekMom » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:50 pm

I would be interested in reading the articles. Can you provide URLs?

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:16 pm

{---
Please, pictures.

Brigit Bara

Unread post by Brigit Bara » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:14 pm

by ElecGeekMom » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:50 pm
I would be interested in reading the articles. Can you provide URLs?
The IEEE paper, "Plasma-genrated Craters and Spherules" by CJ Ransom and Wal Thronhill is here:
https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/4287076

Their other papers are here:
https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/author/37843014600

You may have to sign in to IEEE to download the pdfs.

Another site to find research papers, free to download, is here:
http://www.everythingselectric.com/prod ... reference/
“Oh for shame, how these mortals put the blame upon us gods, for they say evils come from us, when it is they rather who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given…”
~Homer

Brigit Bara

Unread post by Brigit Bara » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:25 pm

Seasmith says, "Pictures please"

Seasmith, thank you very very much for the interest! I would like to proceed with sharing but I am having trouble with posting my photos because all of the sites that I have used in the past to host my pictures have either become completely different platforms with completely different terms of use and services (for example, invasive apps, back doors, mass surveillance and sale of information, and heavy restrictions on speech in the case of fb),

or, they have been shut down altogether.

My tech support (son) suggests using imgur.

The loss of photos is not a fun prospect for me and I wish thunderbolts had a place to link digital images.

PS I noticed that many threads on the thunderbolts forum have lost content, like this thread seasmith just linked:
Post by seasmith » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:24 pm

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=269
~Homer

Brigit Bara

Unread post by Brigit Bara » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:39 pm

Here is a summary (slightly updated) of the paper I submitted to World Science Database, now the John Chappell Natural Philosophy Society, called

On the Rapid, Electrical Formation of Concretions Containing Soft-Bodied Fossils (2012)

"In July of 2004 Plasma Physicists Dr. CJ Ransom and Wal Thornhill published results from experiments in which they created stone spheres using electric arcs of varying power and duration on a wide variety of minerals in the laboratory. The observed types of the lab-created spherules included both hollow and solid spheres, single spheres, and also fused pairs and multiples. These are common morphologies for concretions found in nature.

Many other features of the lab created spherules are found in naturally occurring concretions as well.

Geologists define a concretion as a discrete stone sphere that formed around a nucleus such as plant or animal which has been fossilized - including soft bodied animals like annelids, crustaceans, and medusa. Though it is often said that three-dimensional soft-bodied fossils are rare, in fact there are excellent examples of soft-bodied fossils on every continent, and they quite often appear inside of concretions and nodules.

Soft-bodied fossils found within concretions from various sites around the world show very little or no breakdown or decomposition, leading some paleontologists to admit that preservation in these cases was a quick process. The exquisite preservation and the life-like positions of the soft-bodied fossils also agree to a near instantaneous formation.

There is now enough observational and experimental evidence to suggest that concretions are rapidly, electrically formed around the nucleus of a living creature, and that the fossilization [could be] the result of electrical transmutation of the elements [or some other process involving the breakdown of molecules in the high temperatures reached during the discharge of an electric arc]."

The paper is an attempt to point out the problem of the remarkable preservation of three-dimentional soft bodied fossils in concretions, and to suggest an alternative scientific explanation which allows for rapid, electrical formation of fossils found in concretions. Because most people understand fossils to be mainly formed from hard skeletal tissue, shells and wood, I took considerable time to show that soft-tissue fossilization is found all over the world and may not be as uncommon as is thought. I also took time to show that there is plenty of electricity available in the solar system at all times which far exceeds earthly lightning bolts, and I compared the lab created stone spheres with common traits of naturally occurring concretions, finding good agreement. And finally, I discussed the fossil formations I would be looking at specifically, which is where I hope to pick up again soon, to bring completion to the findings.
~Homer