Fantastic Phobos

Hundreds of TPODs have been published since the summer of 2004. In particular, we invite discussion of present and recent TPODs, perhaps with additional links to earlier TPOD pages. Suggestions for future pages will be welcome. Effective TPOD drafts will be MORE than welcome and could be your opportunity to become a more active part of the Thunderbolts team.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Osmosis

Re: Fantastic Phobos

Unread post by Osmosis » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:52 am

I suppose the Phobos lander doesn't have a seismograph and some dynamite. Nothing like knocking, to see who answers, inside. :o

redeye

Re: Fantastic Phobos

Unread post by redeye » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:30 am

I suppose the Phobos lander doesn't have a seismograph and some dynamite. Nothing like knocking, to see who answers, inside.
Ha, I watched "Robinson Crusoe on Mars" last night. There are so many romantic old theories about Mars, the reality may be even more bizarre.

The Chinese probe that is proposed to ride piggyback with the Phobos grunt mission should be used to properly survey Phobos for electrical activity before any landing is attempted and then observe the landing attempt. At least this way if there is another failure we will have in situ data of what happened.

Cheers!

p.s. sorry about the messy list on my previous post, it looked much neater in the preview!
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind."
Bob Marley