War, Brains and Thunderbolts

Hundreds of TPODs have been published since the summer of 2004. In particular, we invite discussion of present and recent TPODs, perhaps with additional links to earlier TPOD pages. Suggestions for future pages will be welcome. Effective TPOD drafts will be MORE than welcome and could be your opportunity to become a more active part of the Thunderbolts team.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Sparky

War, Brains and Thunderbolts

Unread post by Sparky » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:19 am

Peter, a very fine and informative paper! I do believe that the following sentence was overlooked during editing.
The Middle Eastern wind known as the Sharav literally sent many people bananas.
;)
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

mague

Re: War, Brains and Thunderbolts

Unread post by mague » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:06 am

Well, Spörer minimum and Mauder minimum do mark quite some history.

John A. Eddy (Jack Eddy) thought that sun is a variable star.

I am not sure if the data on the picture is correct. Still, those two minimum mark huge changes. DaVinci, Shakespeare, Salem witch trials, Galileo, fall of the native american culture south and north. The story of the Sengoku period basically describes the global situation back then.

There was the little ice age causing famine and there have been quite a few cases of black death.
J. Eddy wrote: It was one more defeat in our long and losing battle to keep the Sun perfect, or, if not perfect, constant, and if inconstant, regular. Why we think the Sun should be any of these when other stars are not is more a question for social than for physical science.
Personally i think its not influencing all people in the same way...