why we don't want the mainstream on our side

Has science taken a wrong turn? If so, what corrections are needed? Chronicles of scientific misbehavior. The role of heretic-pioneers and forbidden questions in the sciences. Is peer review working? The perverse "consensus of leading scientists." Good public relations versus good science.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

viscount aero

Re: why we don't want the mainstream on our side

Unread post by viscount aero » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:24 pm

celeste wrote:Solar,
So I take it you won't be attending the Richard Dawkins and Lawrence Krauss presentation this year? I'd go for the entertainment value. Here is a link on last year's presentation:
http://old.richarddawkins.net/videos/64 ... -asu-4-feb
Notice the mission of Dawkins (and Krauss too), "is to support scientific education, critical thinking and evidence-based understanding of the natural world in the quest to overcome religious fundamentalism, superstition, intolerance and suffering." Evidence based understanding, not superstition.
Then read on "Krauss's latest book, A Universe from Nothing: Why There is Something Rather than Nothing, explains the scientific advances that provide insight into how the universe formed. Krauss tackles the age-old assumption that something cannot arise from nothing by arguing that not only can something arise from nothing, but something will always arise from nothing."
Superstition? Bad. Something will always arise from nothing? Good.
You see why I get a kick out of these guys?
LOL! :lol:

viscount aero

Re: why we don't want the mainstream on our side

Unread post by viscount aero » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:28 pm

Alphane wrote:I have a conspiracy theory regarding the mainstream's attitude towards EU.

I don't think it's possible that every elite scientist is unaware of EU or unable to publicly support it. I wonder if a large number of highly placed people aren't well aware of the failure of mainstream science, especially of astronomy. They are not necessarily research scientists, but they would be pulling the funding and publicity strings, keeping the public in the dark on EU in order to unleash it at a later date when the powers that be who are planning global government finally decide to 'save' everybody from the war, social chaos and intellectual confusion fostered throughout the last century.

This would occur on various levels - health, mythology, astronomy, finance, spirituality, everything will be reformed in order to create an irresistible Utopian vision. Order out of chaos, science out of stupidity...
That is actually not so far-fetched in its comic tragedy :cry: