Physics must return to the Aether

Has science taken a wrong turn? If so, what corrections are needed? Chronicles of scientific misbehavior. The role of heretic-pioneers and forbidden questions in the sciences. Is peer review working? The perverse "consensus of leading scientists." Good public relations versus good science.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

marengo

Physics must return to the Aether

Unread post by marengo » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:11 am

Why does physics need an Aether? Well, here are seven reasons.

What determines distance in Space?
What is Time?
What determines the speed of light?
How does light travel through Space?
What determines the velocity of a matter body?
How are bodies caused to accelerate?
How do forces act across Space?

Why did the Aether hypothesis previously fail? Simply because physicists made one mistake in its properties.
Correct that one mistake and you have a viable physics.
See www.aetherpages.com for more info.

The Aether needs support. Will you help?
http://www.aetherpages.com
A series of scientific papers on the new Aether physics.

Blue Progressive

Re: Physics must return to the Aether

Unread post by Blue Progressive » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:40 am

Paul LaViolette has developed an active and transmuting ether theory included in his SQK. See etheric.com and starburstfoundation.org..
Ceux qui ne se rétractent jamais s'aiment plus que la vérité.--Joseph Joubert

marengo

Unread post by marengo » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:04 am

Blue Progressive.
The test of an Aether model is that a complete and viable physics can be generated from it.
It follows that only one set of Aether properties can do that.
My Aether model does it. You may see the results on www.aetherpages.com.
Thus all other models must fail.

marengo

Unread post by marengo » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:07 am

To those who are not sure that we must return to the Aether I strongly recommend the book Bankrupting Physics by Alexander Unzicker. He convincingly describes the rot in Physics today.

But what he does not do is to state where that rot first started. The answer, of course, is when they ditched the Aether. If you want a smaller read than Unzicker's 270 pages then why not download the pdf of my booklet (only 32 pages of text) on Aether physics from my website www.aetherpages.com.

Michael V

Unread post by Michael V » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:33 am

marengo,
Thus the true electric field is assymetric and is given by φ = q/4πe0ro

It should be realised that a charge cannot directly sense, and is unaffected by, its own field.

But the field eventually acts upon a second charge. The second charge B transmits its reaction to the field of A back to charge A via its own field. Thus the electric field of a charge is 'observed' through a two way, out and return, process operating at the speed of light. All meaningful communications in physics are two way.
You seem to have introduced the concept of "charge" to invent your explanation of "the electric field". However, I must have missed where you explain exactly what charge is the mechanism by which it operates. Would you be so kind as to clarify your position with regards to the origin of "charge".

Michael

marengo

Unread post by marengo » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:10 am

Michael V, Physics moves forwards one step at a time. I believe that I have moved it forward a few steps. But there are of course many things still to know. Charge and the structure of matter are two of them.

Every theory starts with a postulate. Mine is that charge exists.
Charge is a localised constant source of difference in electric potential relative to ambient. How it does it I dont know.

You seem to be questioning whether charge is the source of the electric field. If it isnt then what is?

Michael V

Unread post by Michael V » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:52 am

marengo,
marengo wrote:Every theory starts with a postulate. Mine is that charge exists.
Charge is a localised constant source of difference in electric potential relative to ambient. How it does it I dont know.
So, in effect, you have defined "charge" as an "electric" property of matter. In other words, charge is electric, and so electric (and magnetic) phenomena result from the "electrical-ness" of matter. By extension, may we also then, that gravity is caused by "gravitational-ness"?.

You are of course welcome to your opinion. Thank you clarifying your position.

Michael

marengo

Unread post by marengo » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:27 am

Michael V
You seem to delight in the misinterpretation of what I am saying.

The electric potential is a property of the Aether, in fact its internal pressure.
Fundamental matter particles must be constructed of the electric potential as there is nothing else they can be constructed of.
However that construction is presumably very complex but must involve electric potentials very different to the ambient potential.
I assume that one consequence is an elevated electric potential at the surface of the particle which is then passed on outwards diminishing with inverse distance to create the electric field. This mechanism I describe in my papers on www.aetherpages.com.