Dissident Science: There is No Debate in Mainstream Science

Has science taken a wrong turn? If so, what corrections are needed? Chronicles of scientific misbehavior. The role of heretic-pioneers and forbidden questions in the sciences. Is peer review working? The perverse "consensus of leading scientists." Good public relations versus good science.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

jimmcginn

Dissident Science: There is No Debate in Mainstream Science

Unread post by jimmcginn » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:01 pm

Dissident Science
David de Hilster

There is No Debate in Mainstream Science
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfYsegAm8Js

Mainstream Science is an Oligarchy that Won't Admit it is Wrong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqNKYqyDgwg

Do You Have a PHD in Physics?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-tlLwQIV7o

Roshi

Re: Dissident Science: There is No Debate in Mainstream Scie

Unread post by Roshi » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:49 am

Science is not science anymore, since the days of Newton. In his days scientists were people with enough time and passion to be interested about the Universe. Not people who need to make a living and even profit from being "career scientists". When you have that, of course you can't have any disagreement or real questions from 90% of them.

allynh

Unread post by allynh » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:19 pm

I've been watching the Dissident Science videos from the first posted and following what links I can. I'm only on "Physicist Fighting the Standard Model: Dr. Alexander Unzicker", with way too many windows open, to look at tomorrow, and my brain is burned.

I know that I will appreciate the links more once the pain stops. HA!

All that they are talking about is new to me. This is stuff that I can use. Thanks for starting the thread.

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:35 pm

You're all welcome to join CNPS at http://naturalphilosophy.org and help do real science. I joined about 9 months ago I guess. I found out that they're trying to have structured discussions on their forums, so I asked if I could help and they said yes. So I'm helping to moderate some of the forums there and we're learning how to structure discussions for max effectiveness. Bruce has been helping David since at least last year after CNPS started over from the ashes of NPA. Some of us here on Thunderbolts had discussed Deliberatorium a few years ago and Bruce said he met the guy who developed it at MIT, I think. It wasn't a very workable process, but it gave some of us ideas. So right now I'm helping to organize groups of scientists to have worthwhile discussions from which to write up papers that challenge mainstream dogma in areas that are highly improbable, such as Big Bang. Electric Universe theory is one of many that we're facilitating discussion on. We're planning friendly debates for the near future, maybe next month.

In case anyone wants to help do moderating at CNPS, there are openings for volunteers. Before long we'll also need volunteers to do "peer review" of papers. They also need a few people to write articles for their Wiki, and others to help with videos and some with next year's conference in late June at UConn.

IgorTesla

Unread post by IgorTesla » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:20 am

Unfortunatly the nobelprice has been given (again) for the discovery of 'gravity waves'.
Gravity wave theory is so contradicting on itself that it's truly mindboggling on how the magicians of maths were able to fool people in the first place.
e.g.: how can something that only has an attracting force (according to mainstream science) send out powerfull waves that would wreck havoc on everything on it's path. Only sorcery can make that possible or by mathematics i.m.o.

jimmcginn

Unread post by jimmcginn » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:14 pm

DraftScience + DissidentScience vol #2 ...Nobel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An1A0q7L9SA&t

This is a very interesting video. Enjoy.

Roshi

Unread post by Roshi » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:02 am

When people think about "science progress" they think "computers" among others. We did not have computers 100 years ago, look how far we have come they say. Also they thing about going to the Moon, the Hubble, airplanes, the atom bomb, etc. These things have no connection to cosmology or relativity.

But if I try to say something against the current cosmology theory - it looks to them that I attack all science, computers included. Some say I am a hypocrite using a computer to write that. Some say I should "go live in the woods" to see how good life is without "SCIENCE"... SCIENCE is a religion, and people today are like those people in Asimov's book - that had nuclear power but had no idea why or how it worked. Almost all the gadgets of today are the result of science developed before 1900. They are not the result of relativity or cosmology theory.

And: relativity was not used to go to the Moon, is not used to calculate spaceship trajectories, and is not used in GPS (even if that's what most think). I asked on other forums, but nobody was able to give me a simple equation - or to point me to a book that contains that equation: how does a GPS calculate and correct his time dilation caused by velocity? Because there is no such equation. The GPS mysteriously works without it.

I am not talking about "time dilation in space caused by lesser gravity" aka "time dilation caused by less curved space-time" aka "atomic clocks ticking faster in space because of unknown causes". I agree with that. It exists. It is not caused by "time going faster in space". Time has no physical forces that we know of, and it does not make clocks work. Batteries or mechanisms make clocks tick.

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:23 am

And: relativity was not used to go to the Moon, is not used to calculate spaceship trajectories, and is not used in GPS (even if that's what most think)
Here is an interesting article on GPS and relativity. The author makes the point that any relativity "correction" is so small compared to the margin of error that it is of no consequence.

http://www.physicsmyths.org.uk/gps.htm

Aardwolf

Unread post by Aardwolf » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:54 am

nick c wrote:
And: relativity was not used to go to the Moon, is not used to calculate spaceship trajectories, and is not used in GPS (even if that's what most think)
Here is an interesting article on GPS and relativity. The author makes the point that any relativity "correction" is so small compared to the margin of error that it is of no consequence.

http://www.physicsmyths.org.uk/gps.htm
The key here is the fact that GPS just uses multilateration to calculate positions. You don't even need the time you could just use synchronised beeps. The whole "GPS proves relativity" dogma is nonsense.