Graphene Studies

Has science taken a wrong turn? If so, what corrections are needed? Chronicles of scientific misbehavior. The role of heretic-pioneers and forbidden questions in the sciences. Is peer review working? The perverse "consensus of leading scientists." Good public relations versus good science.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Osmosis

Re: Particle meets Wave- Graphene hexa-crystalene

Unread post by Osmosis » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:06 pm

Can the remanent field, left in the rotor, be measured with a magnetometer? If the field is rotating, even at rest, the resulting magnetic signal should be obvious. :o

Solar

Unread post by Solar » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:27 pm

Osmosis wrote:Can the remanent field, left in the rotor, be measured with a magnetometer? If the field is rotating, even at rest, the resulting magnetic signal should be obvious. :o
That is exactly why I'd be interested in the duplication of the experiment. I'm curious as to whether or not the "field" travels with the motor if said motor is relocated, or if it stays in the location wherein it was originally generated. If it travels with the motor it would seem that it could be eddy currents from the atoms/electrons of the motor or so. If a duplicate second motor underwent the same decrease in energy to reach it's top rpm at that same location as the original motor then that would be very interesting.
"Our laws of force tend to be applied in the Newtonian sense in that for every action there is an equal reaction, and yet, in the real world, where many-body gravitational effects or electrodynamic actions prevail, we do not have every action paired with an equal reaction." — Harold Aspden

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:21 pm

don't like long post when a link will suffice but here is something else from the same link that may peak your interest concerning so called "1/2 spin". Aspden considers this to be a connived contrivance which conceals the aether:

AHHH, it was Dave Thomson who got me straight on that one, then TreeIncarnation showed why it is so with video.
1/2 is 1 or 360, 1 is 2 or 720....and the whole thing is really important when you first consider these ratios and why they exist as they do. The rotating magnetic field of aether makes it so as it is a relationship of quantum angular momentum spin to the encapsulating aether quantum spin, which creates the aether unit, that via tensegrity makes matter and the resulting quantum spin ratios. These ratios have a basis in relationship. That is the first clue. Relationship requires two reference frames, not one.
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:13 pm

Solar quoting Aspden:
...in simple terms what they mean when they refer to 'half-spin'. They are really talking about minute energy differences in the energy responses of atoms, but they have wrapped up the theory with relativistic notions of four-dimensional space which no one can really understand.
I only first encountered Aspden maybe a year and ahalf or so ago, via this forum, but i'm continually impressed with his no non-sense KISS approach to EU phenomena..

http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:Magnevex

~s~

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:27 pm

Carbon nanotube photovoltaics can wring twice the charge from light.
Researchers led by Paul McEuen, professor of physics at Cornell, began by putting a single nanotube in a circuit and giving it three electrical contacts called gates, one at each end and one underneath. They used the gates to apply a voltage across the nanotube, then illuminated it with light. When a photon hits the nanotube, it transfers some of its energy to an electron, which can then flow through the circuit off the nanotube. This one-photon, one-electron process is what normally happens in a solar cell. What's unusual about the nanotube cell, says McEuen, is what happens when you put in what he calls "a big photon" -- a photon whose energy is twice as big as the energy normally required to get an electron off the cell. In conventional cells, this is the energy that's lost as heat. In the nanotube device, it kicks a second electron into the circuit.
http://www.technologyreview.com/computing/23471/?a=f

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:51 am

This would be a confirmation of the light-is-a-vector-of-force hypothesis of Robert Archer Smith. The quantization effect of photoelectricity only quantizes the electron, not the "photon" or fundamental light field. As the light field energy increases, it reaches a level where an extra electron "kick" is measured. There is no photon "particle", nor do I believe it is a "wave-packet" of some kind [despite my fascination with Gabriel La Freniere's electron model]. Light is a manifestation of potential energy in a system seen also as voltage, gravity, the Casimir effect; also geometrically related to mass and charge, to get back to the thread title. Hexagonal relationships [based on the more fundamental attributes of equilateral triangles] can be used to quantify the potential field in any system, according to Bob Smith. From the standpoint of EU this can be seen as an electrostatic phenomenon or principle, but as we know that forms the basis for electrodynamics [and the kinetic energy aspect] as well.

THe RA SMith thread is on the NIAMI forum.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:14 pm

webolife wrote:
Hexagonal relationships [based on the more fundamental attributes of equilateral triangles] can be used to quantify the potential field in any system, according to Bob Smith.
Web,

A very key observation imo. Hence the title of this thread.
I've nattered on in numerous other threads about the numbers and angles inherent in what we commonly call the physical processes of inception, progression, stasis, transformation and etc; so will give it a rest here.

~s~

seasmith

Pressure and Charge

Unread post by seasmith » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:38 am

Pressure and Charge
At normal atmospheric pressure, the material's molecules stay relatively far apart from each other. But as researchers increased the pressure inside the chamber, the material became a two-dimensional graphite-like semiconductor.
The researchers eventually increased the pressure to more than a million atmospheres, comparable to what would be found halfway to the center of the earth. All this "squeezing," as Yoo calls it, forced the molecules to make tightly bound three-dimensional metallic "network structures."
Source: Washington State University

http://www.nanowerk.com/news/newsid=169 ... oo%21+Mail

JTR

Graphene Under Stress Creates Gigantic Psuedo-Magnetic Field

Unread post by JTR » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:18 pm

I did not know where to put this but thouhgt all of you might be interested in this article.

http://newscenter.lbl.gov/news-releases ... er-strain/

seasmith

Re: Pressure and Charge

Unread post by seasmith » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:37 pm

Precursor magnetic flux

"We have shown experimentally that when graphene is stretched to form nanobubbles on a platinum substrate, electrons behave as if they were subject to magnetic fields in excess of 300 tesla, even though no magnetic field has actually been applied. This is a completely new physical effect that has no counterpart in any other condensed matter system," said Crommie.

Crommie notes that "for over 100 years people have been sticking materials into magnetic fields to see how the electrons behave, but it's impossible to sustain tremendously strong magnetic fields in a laboratory setting."

The current record is 85 tesla for a field that lasts only thousandths of a second. When stronger fields are created, the magnets blow themselves apart.

The ability to make electrons behave as if they were in magnetic fields of 300 tesla or more - just by stretching graphene - offers a new window on a source of important applications and fundamental scientific discoveries going back over a century. This is made possible by graphene's electronic behaviour, which is unlike any other material's.

Have been toying with idea that graphene's form and structure tend to favor longitudinal trans~missions, over transverse.
And leading magno-signals: waves or domain pattern interface planes.

Pancake coils, a la Tesla ?

http://www.dnaindia.com/scitech/report_ ... ds_1416595

~

bboyer

Graphene Studies

Unread post by bboyer » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:52 pm

This thread created to merge and hold topical information on the subject of graphene experimentation and studies.
There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought. Let one's mind and one's subtle body rest upon that and not rest on anything else. [---][/---] Maitri Upanishad

bboyer

Re: Graphene Under Stress Creates Gigantic Psuedo-Magnetic Field

Unread post by bboyer » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:22 pm

JTR wrote:I did not know where to put this but thouhgt all of you might be interested in this article.

http://newscenter.lbl.gov/news-releases ... er-strain/
Very interesting. But what the heck, really, is a "pseudo-magnetic field"?

I'm probably misunderstanding the significance of the findings, but I'm wondering what might be the connection, if any, with this mechanism of stress and the creation/existence/sustenance of planetary or other localized magnetic fields in general? Whether it would be scalable and ... accumulative so to speak. And what might be the connection to recent memristor research and discovery (i.e. the missing circuit element; not to mention the likely elements of "meminductance" and "memcapacitance"). See this thread, The electrical tai chi: I Ching, Wolfram, and Electricity And how it might apply to, say, measurable differences of the inner solar system's rocky planets ... just wondering aloud here, musing about things like hypothetical sloshing inner cores, solar system plasma streams, Earth's unique electrolytic ocean(s), and water (salt, fresh)/rock (plasma, liquid, solid) layer arrangements, and so forth (this topic, for instance, How does a layer of salt under the Gulf of Mexico fit in EU?.
The ability to make electrons behave as if they were in magnetic fields of 300 tesla or more - just by stretching graphene
Is there really some fundamental discovery here made in terms of electrical dynamics, or is it more akin to a fundamental misunderstanding of already well established EM principles? Guess I'm not getting what the "electron behavior" is that they're describing, and what that behavior is in terms of "real" magnetic influence (real vs "pseudo" as in, I guess, a supposed mechanical action [stress] only), or what the perceived difference is.
There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought. Let one's mind and one's subtle body rest upon that and not rest on anything else. [---][/---] Maitri Upanishad

junglelord

Re: Pressure and Charge

Unread post by junglelord » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:29 am

seasmith wrote:Precursor magnetic flux

"We have shown experimentally that when graphene is stretched to form nanobubbles on a platinum substrate, electrons behave as if they were subject to magnetic fields in excess of 300 tesla, even though no magnetic field has actually been applied. This is a completely new physical effect that has no counterpart in any other condensed matter system," said Crommie.

Crommie notes that "for over 100 years people have been sticking materials into magnetic fields to see how the electrons behave, but it's impossible to sustain tremendously strong magnetic fields in a laboratory setting."

The current record is 85 tesla for a field that lasts only thousandths of a second. When stronger fields are created, the magnets blow themselves apart.

The ability to make electrons behave as if they were in magnetic fields of 300 tesla or more - just by stretching graphene - offers a new window on a source of important applications and fundamental scientific discoveries going back over a century. This is made possible by graphene's electronic behaviour, which is unlike any other material's.

Have been toying with idea that graphene's form and structure tend to favor longitudinal trans~missions, over transverse.
And leading magno-signals: waves or domain pattern interface planes.

Pancake coils, a la Tesla ?

http://www.dnaindia.com/scitech/report_ ... ds_1416595

~
This all points back to one of my synesthesia inspirations about two years ago.
The Atomic/Molecular rotator and stator flash I had when analysis of structure and function in nanotechnology was pointing straight back to sacred geometry. The ability to turn simple pencil lead into a magic wand via nanohexagons forms vs the cube form of the pencil lead, allowed me to see the atomic rotator and stator and to realize that the form and function of any unit, even subatomic, has all kinds of properties that only expose themself when applied into the proper geometry. This massive Tesla reading of 300 for a magnetic field, created by the geometry of the nanographine, makes total sense to me. The electrons themself generate a huge amount of magnetic energy, that under normal conditions, appears hidden. The truth of the matter is, this is just the tip of the nano rotator and stator iceburg...NICE FIND.
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

seasmith

Re: Graphene Studies

Unread post by seasmith » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:07 pm

arc-us wrote:
“ “ Is there really some fundamental discovery here made in terms of electrical dynamics, or is it more akin to a fundamental misunderstanding of already well established EM principles? Guess I'm not getting what the "electron behavior" is that they're describing, and what that behavior is in terms of "real" magnetic influence (real vs "pseudo" as in, I guess, a supposed mechanical action [stress] only), or what the perceived difference is.”
Well details are sparse, but EM charge (or “electron flow”) seems to be their interest in graphene, so apparently the experiment wasn’t set up to measure ES potentials or effects. They saw "electron" behavior corresponding to massive magnetic signal, probably ‘relativistic’.

I think in line with Solar’s earlier comments:
“ Particle meets Wave- Graphene hexa-crystalene
by Solar » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:56 pm
I can't help but notice the similarities between graphene's crystalline and amorphous states when compared to "Liquid Crystals". I'm wondering if the nano-sizing is of such extent that graphene reveals the two states as being fundamental to the nature of propagation of "charge".

Such that the crystalline state is optimal for the 'transference' of "charge" via a material adopting an crystalline phase for the duration of "charge" 'transference', which occurs as a temporary resonant "imbalance" to the material's amorphous and overall "neutral" phase. These are very intriguing qualities:”
they applied a mechanical style force and created a piezo-electric type effect.
The surprising fact that the overwhelming response was Magnetic [ I assume they called it “pseudo-magnetic” only because they did not apply it externally and were unprepared, on a microscopic scale, to measure it directly] leads me to analog with Tesla’s morphicly similar ie: ‘pseudo-uno-dimensional’ pancake coils.
We’ve discussed in a number of other Tesla related threads the possibility of longitudinal pre-cursor magnetic signal transmission (or ES potentials)
~ proceeding a slower charge/mass (EM) transfer.

Not that that answers your question in the lest...

seasmith

Re: Graphene Studies

Unread post by seasmith » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:12 pm

Chemists use graphene to visualize atomic-scale structures
Using the technique, the researchers revealed new details about how water coats surfaces. They found that the first layer of water on mica is actually two water molecules thick, and has the structure of ice. Once that layer is fully formed, a second, two-molecule-thick layer of ice forms. On top of that, "you get droplets," Heath says. "It's truly amazing that the first two adsorbed layers of water form ice-like microscopic islands at room temperature," says Xu. "These fascinating structures are likely important in determining the surface properties of solids, including, for example, lubrication, adhesion, and corrosion."
Naturally bi-polar water ?

http://www.nanowerk.com/news/newsid=178 ... oo%21+Mail