Aquatic Ape Theory - human origins

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

johnm33

Re: Aquatic Ape Theory - human origins

Unread post by johnm33 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:28 pm

Ancient footprints on a cretan shore, https://www.sott.net/article/361001-Anc ... lk-upright

jimmcginn

Unread post by jimmcginn » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:32 pm

So, basically, your solution to human evolution is that they evolved.

johnm33

Unread post by johnm33 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:14 pm

jimmcginn wrote:So, basically, your solution to human evolution is that they evolved.
Yes but by a constant process of hybridisation, who wouldn't?, I've no idea when it really got started but, for me, it has to include the great ape diaspora that left the Orang Utangs in the east, their red coats suggest to me that they came from a less remote population. Most of the differences between chimps and us are selections for childhood features which,to me, suggests that less dominant individuals/groups were forced out of successful populations, at least some of those would be more childlike/playful/adaptable an under-utilised habitat like the seashore would be the perfect place to avoid competition with more powerful but less adaptable groups. Maybe the taste for beach holidays are a species memory of those times.
I've often wondered if Africa was the last place to be affected by this process rather than the place it all happened.