Evidence for Former Star?

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Xuxalina Rihhia

Re: Evidence for Former Star?

Unread post by Xuxalina Rihhia » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:05 pm

I wonder what the color of the plants on Ganymede would have been? I know that under Saturn light, earthly plants were green due to the fact that chlorophyll 'rejects' green and uses blue and red light, which Saturn had an abundance of.

Ganymede had two suns--the sun and Jupiter as a T dwarf; the colors of plants there could have been different from Earth's or it could have been much the same. I wonder about that.

Younger Dryas

Unread post by Younger Dryas » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:21 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution ... our_vision

Recent studies have shown that primitive nocturnal mammalian ancestors had dichromatic vision consisting of UV–sensitive and red–sensitive traits.[1] A change occurred approximately 30 million years ago where human ancestors evolved four classes of opsin genes, which enabled vision that included the full spectrum of visible light.[1] UV–sensitivity is said to have been lost at this time.[2]

Individuals with various forms of colour blindness such as deuteranopia and protanopia are missing human middle wavelength sensitive or long wavelength sensitive opsins.
"I decided to believe, as you might decide to take
an aspirin: It can't hurt, and you might get better."
-- Umberto Eco Foucault's Pendulum (1988)

Xuxalina Rihhia

Unread post by Xuxalina Rihhia » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:00 pm

It seems that such animals who had cones for UV and Red/Near Infrared vision were native to Earth when Saturn was a brown dwarf and thus Earth's sun. Also chlorophyll absorbs red and blue light but rejects green light.