Lets talk Zombie's

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

ItJustMakesSense

Lets talk Zombie's

Unread post by ItJustMakesSense » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:12 pm

So as I watch the ultimate in mind control devices the TV I have been noticing quite a bit of talk of zombies. There has been an increase in mention of them recently. Why are zombies even engraved in our stories? What is a zombie? Now what I believe is that if there was a Carrington event which stopped food delivery the streets will fill with zombies pretty quickly as not to many have any amount of food stored. People wont drive there will be no gas in an event as such. The streets will fill with desperate people that are hungry and weak as well as not thinking properly. Sounds like a zombie to me. So Im wondering if all the talk of zombies on tv is a hint of whats to come. The sun seems to be incredibly active. It sent a coronal mass ejection our a week or so ago luckily missing the earth but had it hit us I think we may be either dealing with zombies or a zombie ourselves. Be prepared for a zombie apocalypse!

D_Archer

Re: Lets talk Zombie's

Unread post by D_Archer » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:22 am

Well, at least zombie ants are real. But they are also controlled in some way... their mind taken over.

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -

CTJG 1986

Unread post by CTJG 1986 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:44 am

Zombies are awesome, but without getting into conspiracy theories I can't really explain their prevalence in modern pop culture very well but I think every person has a fascination with the 'afterlife' of some kind. Zombies or "undead" kind of merge the land of the living and the land of the dead so naturally they garner some interest.

The original zombie was of course Jesus Christ, who died and then was resurrected and rose up to heaven and brought about the original 'Zombie Apocalypse'.

The best line from any modern zombie film or series has to be from AMC's "the Walking Dead"(paraphrasing here) -
"Jesus promised a resurrection of the dead, I just thought he had something a little different in mind is all."

:)

Undead Cheers,
Jonny
The difference between a Creationist and a believer in the Big Bang is that the Creationists admit they are operating on blind faith... Big Bang believers call their blind faith "theoretical mathematical variables" and claim to be scientists rather than the theologists they really are.

StevenJay

Unread post by StevenJay » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:23 pm

Ever been in a waiting room/area - doesn't matter what kind it is - and notice how many people there are totally immersed in their personal electronic devices... in spite of anyone who might actually be physically accompanying them? Same goes for resturants, parks, EVEN libraries for crying out loud!

ZOMBIES!

And those who don't own such devices? Well, if there's a TV anywhere in view, they'll be staring glassy-eyed at that - no matter what's showing, and even if the volume is muted.

:shock: *Oooo - lots of pretty colors and pictures that keep changing really fast...* :shock:

ZOMBIES!!

Or, let's say you have a national election wherein the biggest joke/complaint is that the only two choices the populace are given are virtually indistinguishable from each other, as far as their individual records show. Nevertheless, millions still line up and "choose" one over the other.

ZOMBIES!!!

"Idiocracy" isn't 500 years in the future, it's here and now. But due to the pandemic zombification of the masses, most haven't noticed.
It's all about perception.

tayga

Unread post by tayga » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:48 am

Nail on the head, StevenJay :D

We are surrounded by zombies on a daily basis. In consciousness studies, a zombie acts like a normal human being but without being conscious of what they are doing.

In such studies, a zombie is entirely theoretical. Unfortunately, I think that they are very real. How wide awake and aware are soldiers who kill children or cops who kick handcuffed women in the head?

"Just doin' ma job" or "Just followin' orders" :roll:
tayga

It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.

- Richard P. Feynman

Normal science does not aim at novelties of fact or theory and, when successful, finds none.
- Thomas Kuhn

tholden

Unread post by tholden » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:44 pm