Grow up or leave...

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Grow up or leave...

Unread post by davesmith_au » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:43 am

It has come to my attention that a number of members of our forum are lowering their standards to an unacceptable level.

It is NOT OK to indulge in name calling, personal attacks (even by innuendo) or other childish, puerile behavior on our forum. I am tired of our moderators having to constantly delete posts and interrupt threads to curb bad behavior on the forums. We are volunteers. We HOPE that users on this forum can conduct themselves in a friendly, professional (when required) manner.

NO warnings will be given to members before banning. If you can't grow up and post responsibly, I suggest you leave before you get shown the door :o . :shock:

Dave Smith.
Forum Administrator.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster

Phorce

Re: Grow up or leave...

Unread post by Phorce » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:27 am

Is this being enforced ? I have to ask because, frankly, I stopped coming here as often due to those who don't seem to know how to hold a grown up debate with someone who does not agree with them. EU seems to invoke some strong feelings in some people. That's great ! But I'm appalled by the rude and underhand behaviour I see towards scientists and interested parties who feel as strongly about gravity based science.
Exploration and discovery without honest investigation of "extraordinary" results leads to a Double Bind (Bateson, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_bind ) that creates loss of hope and depression. No more Double Binds !

TREVORJJJ

Unread post by TREVORJJJ » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:24 am

I'm surprised that anyone is surprised that such people are attracted to this - and other - forum. The more 'intellectual' the venue, the more attractive they find it.

I agree with the no warning ban responses, anything else is relieving oneself in the wind, they WANT a dialogue, and will spin it out as long as they can get away with it. The intention is to show how clever they are when pitted against intelligent people, the word 'clever' being used as loosely as a not very seemly example.

Ban and move on, there are no 'rights' to disrupt or interfere with a group exchange in which you have no interest except to play childish games, it's like kids looking for dirty words in school dictionaries.

Bob_Ham

Unread post by Bob_Ham » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:05 am

Phorce wrote:But I'm appalled by the rude and underhand behaviour I see towards scientists and interested parties who feel as strongly about gravity based science.
Agreed.

BeAChooser

Unread post by BeAChooser » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:14 pm

Bob_Ham wrote:
Phorce wrote:But I'm appalled by the rude and underhand behaviour I see towards scientists and interested parties who feel as strongly about gravity based science.
Agreed.
Bob, there was nothing underhanded about my request that you explain the helical winding of all those filaments whose pictures I linked you to and what was rude was your not even bothering to reply.

fencewalker

Unread post by fencewalker » Thu May 30, 2019 12:47 pm

i see this in other forums and discussion groups i've been in. i hear a lot of superfluous verbiage from so-called intellectuals. too many people say 'due to the fact that...' and other words that don't communicate anything other than 'i'm dominating the conversation by wasting everyone's time.'
it's a modern trend that seems to have infected modern speech, and i am unintentionally guilty of it as well.
it's ok to think before speaking.