Physics of the Saturnian Theory

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

webolife

Re: Physics of the Saturnian Theory

Unread post by webolife » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:29 pm

The evidence for Saturn's "new" ring shows that it is extremely low density material... kms between each particle of dust perhaps... I don't really get a dark mode plasma from that...
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Unread post by davesmith_au » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:15 am

Much more can be learned of the Saturn Theory now that the NEW DVD Symbols of an Alien Sky is released. It can be purchased through Mikamar Publishing at http://www.mikamar.biz/book-info/sas-a.htm.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:54 pm

Lloyd wrote:* Mike, I responded to all 3 of your initial questions. Aren't my answers of any interest?
Very much so! Sorry I didn't comment thereon- didn't want to stretch my neck out too far on this somewhat sensitive subject.

I appreciate your take on it, and the references that you made, for certain! :)

I'm really looking forwards to those DVD's- just need to convince the missus that that is what I want for Christmas this year! ;)

Mike H.
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:36 pm

Here is another ring we can't visually observe. Only weakly related to solar activity, so what is it related to? Would it have been visible at one time?
At Earth, ring currents form during large solar wind-driven magnetic storms, although they fade quickly as the driving solar wind disturbance recedes into deep space. At Saturn, the Magnetospheric Imaging Instrument (MIMI) observed that the ring current's intensity seemed only weakly related to solar activity.
http://www.thunderbolts.info/webnews/12 ... rrents.htm

Original article:

http://www.saturndaily.com/reports/Cass ... s_999.html

An artists impression:

Full image:

http://www.jhuapl.edu/newscenter/pressr ... mage-1.png

What else is going on out there that we don't see, or have not detected yet?
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

smartart

Relevance of polar ice as historical record

Unread post by smartart » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:37 am

Assuming earth left Sturn and entered solar orbit, within the period of human folk-memory, does that imply the 4X100,000 year polar ice record is irrelevant to current climate - hence irrelevant to the climate change debate?

moses

Re: Relevance of polar ice as historical record

Unread post by moses » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:56 pm

smartart wrote:Assuming earth left Sturn and entered solar orbit, within the period of human folk-memory, does that imply the 4X100,000 year polar ice record is irrelevant to current climate - hence irrelevant to the climate change debate?
Was there polar ice on Earth in the Saturn System ?
Could all that ice have been deposited there in a few hundred years or a few thousand years ?
If so, then the ice shows major events happening only a few thousand years ago, and hence there is not very much climate record in similar conditions to today's climate. This has some significance in the climate change debate.

If it really is the galactic current that determines our long term climate, then any long term trends in this galactic current would be unknown to us. We could scale down and test this galactic current in the lab if we got very good data about the electrical conditions in the region of the heliosphere. But otherwise we have some idea from lab plasma experiments already done.

If Earth was in a very elliptical orbit then this would have caused the cycles in the ice records. Thus those cycles would be irrelevant to today's climate.
Mo

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:46 pm

* Yes, it appears that many layers can be laid down in a single year, so, when scientists assume that each layer of ice represents one year of accumulation, they're making very unwarranted assumptions. Similar wrong assumptions are made about lake varves and sedimentary rock strata etc.

moses

Unread post by moses » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:00 am

Theory: The polar ice laminates, as does the sediment in Arctic lakes. Thus the layers do not represent years but are the result of the formation of layers in sediment through gravitational or electric means.
Mo