NASA Press Conference on the SUN!

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

thane

Unread post by thane » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:46 am

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2008/09/19/n ... f-the-sun/

WASHINGTON — NASA will hold a media teleconference Tuesday, Sept. 23, at 12:30 p.m. EDT, to discuss data from the joint NASA and European Space Agency Ulysses mission that reveals the sun’s solar wind is at a 50-year low. The sun’s current state could result in changing conditions in the solar system.

----------
Could it be the Sun is electric?

substance

Re: NASA Press Conference on the SUN!

Unread post by substance » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:05 am

Don`t you just love NASA conferences :) They can meet up, make funny jokes about magnetism`s role and even exchange new ideas about which of the universes dimensions is responsible for this low in activity.
I hope that this question at the end of your post is just irony..
My personal blog about science, technology, society and politics. - Putredo Mundi

keeha

Unread post by keeha » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:46 am

I'm waiting for it.
WASHINGTON — NASA will hold a media teleconference Tuesday, Sept. 23, at 12:30 p.m. EDT, to discuss data from the joint NASA and European Space Agency Ulysses mission that reveals the sun’s solar wind is at a 50-year low.
WASHINGTON, Sept 23, 2008 /PRNewswire-USNewswire via COMTEX/ -- NASA Television and http://www.nasa.gov will broadcast a gala event commemorating the agency's Golden Anniversary on Wednesday, Sept. 24, at 8 p.m. EDT.
http://www.aiaa.org/nasa50/
Huh? :|

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:39 am

I hope they have air conditioning,
well I guess they could have the press conference at night. :(

sorry,
nick c

thane

Unread post by thane » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:09 am

I listened to it and captured it as a real audio recording (.ivr file 4 meg). I'm not sure if other realplayer installations can play someone elses recorded IVR or not.

At any rate - the upshot is that the comparing solar minimum to solar minimum - total output of the solar wind is down 25% - overall temperatures are down 15% across the board and the upper atmosphere is cooler.

substance

Unread post by substance » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:24 pm

I`m dying to hear how can a nuclear fusion model of the sun explain a vast drop in temperature like 15%??? :D
My personal blog about science, technology, society and politics. - Putredo Mundi

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:43 pm

Since the suns solar wind stopped for two days in May 1999, I believe its impossible to be a nuclear furnace.
http://science.nasa.gov/newhome/headlin ... ec99_1.htm
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:56 pm

"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

upriver

Unread post by upriver » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:46 pm

Means "electron beam"......

Variation of electron-strahl width in the high-speed solar wind: ULYSSES observations.
Authors:Hammond, C. M.; Feldman, W. C.; McComas, D. J.; Phillips, J. L.; Forsyth, R. J.
Publication:Astronomy and Astrophysics, v.316, p.350-354 (A&A Homepage)
Publication Date:12/1996
Origin:A&A
A&A Keywords:SOLAR WIND
Bibliographic Code:1996A&A...316..350H
Abstract
Halo electron velocity distributions have been surveyed during the first full Ulysses southern polar pass from January 1994 through April 1995. The data examined range from approximately 50degS heliolatitude to the maximum poleward extent of the Ulysses orbit, approximately 80degS, and then back through the solar equator to 35degN heliolatitude. During this traversal the radial distance of Ulysses ranged from 3.8 to 1.3AU, allowing the same heliolatitude to be sampled at two different distances. The angular width of the electron strahl is found to be broader throughout the coronal hole region than that reported for high speed streams by in-ecliptic spacecraft during the mid 1970's. The average strahl width (full width at half maximum) extrapolated to 1AU is found to be 49deg for 77eV electrons. The strahl width broadens substantially between 1.3 and 2.3AU after which the width is approximately constant. The broadening is greatest for the lower energy (77eV) electrons. One might expect a broadening of the strahl if scattering dominates magnetic focusing of electrons caused by the decreasing magnetic field magnitude with increasing solar distance. The results presented here suggest that substantial wave-particle scattering of the electron strahl occurs, consistent with interpretations of the reduction in electron heat flux with increasing heliocentric distance measured by Ulysses. http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1996A&A...316..350H

substance

Unread post by substance » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:49 am

junglelord wrote:Since the suns solar wind stopped for two days in May 1999, I believe its impossible to be a nuclear furnace.
http://science.nasa.gov/newhome/headlin ... ec99_1.htm
That`s true, but how does PC explain this mysterious absence of solar wind for two days? If the birkeland current between the sun and earth stops for two days wouldn`t that disrupt our planets trajectory and also wouldn`t it mean a decreased power output of the sun and thus slightly lower brightness?