If everything is connected, why cannot I access your mind?

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Jarvamundo

Re: If everything is connected, why cannot I access your mind?

Unread post by Jarvamundo » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:26 pm

Antone wrote:
I 99% agree with the plasma/EU theories about everything being connected
I thought I was reasonably familiar with the plasma/EU theory... but I've never heard anything about "everything being connected" with respect to it. Other than (perhaps) the idea of the ether--and the possibility of light being instantaneous... but I'm not sure why that would lead one to imagine they should be able to access other minds.

Can you clarify what it is that you're referring to?
see/hear.. Wallace Thornhill on the speed of gravity and longitudinal waves.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N71CUZu4 ... re=related

Also a familiar sign on the gate...
“From the smallest particle to the largest galactic formation, a web of electrical circuitry connects and unifies all of nature, organizing galaxies, energizing stars, giving birth to planets and, on our own world, controlling weather and animating biological organisms. There are no isolated islands in an electric universe”.

Siggy_G

Unread post by Siggy_G » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:16 am

I think it's a long stretch to say that everything is (literally) connected, as in our minds being one and all, and I'm not sure if that is the actual message even in Thornhill&Talbott's quote. Unifying all of nature through electric currents, magnetic fields and radiation, is not synonymuos with being a part of the exact same electrical current. As the quote goes, it's a web of electrical circuitry, meaning several branches and sub circuits, indirectly connected.

If all human minds were connected, there would be disturbance of thoughts and we should have collectively learned from humanity's historical mistakes, which we clearly haven't. Each mind/brain is an insulated filtered system, but receiving electrical signals converted from the environment through senses. Being exposed to another system's EM field is not the same as receiving the same electric currents as the other system.

Antone

Unread post by Antone » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:36 pm

Jarvamundo wrote:see/hear.. Wallace Thornhill on the speed of gravity and longitudinal waves.
Okay, this was the sense of connectedness that I thought might be intended... And I think my comments fully apply.

Just because things are connected doesn't mean that they share all aspects. A string is connected to a kite, but you can't control the movement of a kite using the string. You can shorten or lengthen the string. You can walk and thus move the kite from one general area to another. But the kite has a will of it's own in terms of where and when it will dip and soar in the air currents. Not only can we not control these finer movements--but we cannot even predict them with any significant degree of reliability.

Similarly, the sun can be seen as the central burst of a massive plasma focus. The energy that is funneled into the sun comes from the whole solar system. So in a very real sense, the whole solar system is 'connected'. Yet the sun has distinct characteristics that are not shared by the other areas of the solar system. Our solar system in turn is part of our galaxy, which means it is once again connected. Yet it maintains a distinct structure and function distinct from it's other parts.

I suspect this may be the question you are trying to ask...
How do these structures maintain their individual integrity?
And I think much of the answer will be found if you look into the notion of the Z-pinch effect, Birkland currents and double layers.

Although, why these phenomena should express themselves as they do is as yet an unanswerable question, I suspect.

starbiter

Unread post by starbiter » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:07 pm

Because we're dealing with circuits that travel from galaxy to galaxy, I believe everything is connected. Much like the river of Siddhartha [by Hesse]. Any break in the circuit, and there is no circuit. Whether beings can consciously tap into this circuitry is another story. My powers seem limited and disappointing.

This seems like an area for questions, rather than answers.

Om, michael
I Ching #49 The Image
Fire in the lake: the image of REVOLUTION
Thus the superior man
Sets the calender in order
And makes the seasons clear

www.EU-geology.com

http://www.michaelsteinbacher.com

starbiter

Unread post by starbiter » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:05 pm

The link below shows the circuit in multiple wavelengths, including xray, traveling coherently for over 100,000 light years.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... sQO4tbWlDg

I believe we a connected to this while we are alive. After this i'm not so sure.

michael
I Ching #49 The Image
Fire in the lake: the image of REVOLUTION
Thus the superior man
Sets the calender in order
And makes the seasons clear

www.EU-geology.com

http://www.michaelsteinbacher.com

Jarvamundo

Unread post by Jarvamundo » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:19 am

Siggy_G wrote:I think it's a long stretch to say that everything is (literally) connected, as in our minds being one and all, and I'm not sure if that is the actual message even in Thornhill&Talbott's quote. Unifying all of nature through electric currents, magnetic fields and radiation, is not synonymuos with being a part of the exact same electrical current. As the quote goes, it's a web of electrical circuitry, meaning several branches and sub circuits, indirectly connected.

If all human minds were connected, there would be disturbance of thoughts and we should have collectively learned from humanity's historical mistakes, which we clearly haven't. Each mind/brain is an insulated filtered system, but receiving electrical signals converted from the environment through senses. Being exposed to another system's EM field is not the same as receiving the same electric currents as the other system.
Siggy, did you listen to Wal talking about longitudinal waves and faster than light waves? I think i got the link from you?

Electric circuitry that is currently adopted in universities CAN NOT travel or communicate at the speeds and with the FTL behavior Wal is mentioning. He makes SPECIFIC mention that the SETI program is using the wrong wave form to search for signals, the wave form they currently use is the electro magnetic transverse waveform. This seems to be the basis for your analysis... EM.

Wal is talking about longitudinal electric waves NOT electro magenetic transverse waves.

Wal SPECIFICALLY makes the "stone in a pond" analogies.... ripple vs pressure.... transverse vs longitudinal.

He makes several mentions of Earth to Andromedia galaxy instantaneous signaling, and also the FTL speed of sub-atom resonant energy forms inside atoms.

There is a hidden message, in Wals (& Talbots?) quote. It is very elegantly arranged for those readers familiar with the writings of Tesla, Steinmetz, Dollard. Wal specifically DOES NOT mention electric currents in his quote, but this reflects how you interpreted this. Your now invoked branches and sub branches are creating islands! He mentions electricity, not electric currents.

Being connected, and being aware are two totally different things, again this is your interpretation coming to play.... Throughout history we have all been connected, but certainly not always aware!

It is a genius stroke of the pen at our front door, there are many messages hidden on the welcome mat, every time i come to this site and learn from many here (including yourself Siggy), the message on the rabbit hole door appears deeper and far more profoundly connected.

If one is not even aware that a connection like longitudinal dielectric pulse wave exists, how could one even possibly begin to pronounce that they understand how it might or might not be used? Let alone be fluent and skilled enough to declare they are aware?

Proceed with humility

With Kindest of Regards,

Dotini

Unread post by Dotini » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:19 am

Maddogkull1 wrote:I 99% agree with the plasma/EU theories about everything being connected, but I am wondering, if we are all connected, why I can’t access your mind. Of course you cannot answer this correctly because we do not know. But why do you think? We talk about this connected universe, but I do not understand that why do I only have one ego instead of every ego possible? Am I not connected to you all?
Elsewhere it has been mentioned that mankind may formerly have possessed a kind of global or group consciousness. Julian Jaynes has written about this. Now we are enmeshed in an advanced technological society where individualism is cultivated to almost a foolish degree. Even so, there have been recent cases of very sensitive individuals such as Edgar Casey who seemed to have the ability to psychically penetrate another individual at a distance for purposes of medical diagnoses. When Casey tried to turn his gifts in less than altruistic directions, such as discovering oil in Texas, his gifts utterly failed him. Consciousness is a vast territory with unknown boundaries.

In my opinion, the good folks working away at EU/PC have plenty on their plate attempting to understand and explain small items such as stars and galaxies without also taking on the conceit of explaining consciousness. Your question actually is a good one, so hold that thought. It may be that we can and will ultimately make some progress on it. But, as the saying goes, "little by little the bird builds his nest."

Respectfully submitted,
Dotini

MosaicDave

Unread post by MosaicDave » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:24 am

Jarvamundo wrote:Siggy, did you listen to Wal talking about longitudinal waves and faster than light waves? I think i got the link from you?

Electric circuitry that is currently adopted in universities CAN NOT travel or communicate at the speeds and with the FTL behavior Wal is mentioning. He makes SPECIFIC mention that the SETI program is using the wrong wave form to search for signals, the wave form they currently use is the electro magnetic transverse waveform. This seems to be the basis for your analysis... EM.

Wal is talking about longitudinal electric waves NOT electro magenetic transverse waves.

Wal SPECIFICALLY makes the "stone in a pond" analogies.... ripple vs pressure.... transverse vs longitudinal.

He makes several mentions of Earth to Andromedia galaxy instantaneous signaling, and also the FTL speed of sub-atom resonant energy forms inside atoms.
Jarvamundo, could you please give a link or two to what you're referring to? I've not previously been aware of Thornhill et al. addressing longitudinal electric waves.

Thanks--

--dc

Siggy_G

Unread post by Siggy_G » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:01 am

Jarvamundo: First of all, brain signals are EM signals. Mainly in response to the opening post (headline) "If everything is connected, why cannot I access your mind?", then my point is that you do not receive your neighbour's brain signals because they are the interpreted result of signals from the environment. It doesn't matter if these signals truly travel faster than light through a universal structure - that has to do with the underlying nature of the signals. One has a scenario with signals distributed through the environment and the signals interpreted/working within each person's brain - they are connected, but not the same (which I think you pointed out with the connectedness versus awareness point).

A device working from the energy of batteries has an individual electrical circuit. There is no additional circuit that everyone around will equally receive as well. However, the external effect will be a surrounding EM field (plus whetever interactive function the device has). The opening post suggests that everything around the device would receive the same signals/input, which they don't. Also, it is not coherent with energy conservation: at some point a signal (of energy) interfere with a medium and converts to a given effect. It won't preceed to the next object and do the exact same thing again (which is why we don't access minds).

Having said that, I agree that the work of Thornhill is fascinating, and I would like to hear the continued explanation on the longtitudal waves, which I think he has in part 2 (pay to hear, Red Ice Radio). However, it is the "access other minds" interpreted from this work I don't buy into.

MossaicDave: Wall Thornhill's talk can be heard here, and this is the section where he mentions the speed of electricity/gravity versus the (slower) speed of light:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpvAAPu1_Ew

Jarvamundo

Unread post by Jarvamundo » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:19 pm

MosaicDave wrote:
Jarvamundo, could you please give a link or two to what you're referring to? I've not previously been aware of Thornhill et al. addressing longitudinal electric waves.

Thanks--

--dc
as above
see/hear.. Wallace Thornhill on the speed of gravity and longitudinal waves.

Jarvamundo

Unread post by Jarvamundo » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:34 pm

Siggy_G wrote:Jarvamundo: First of all, brain signals are EM signals. Mainly in response to the opening post (headline) "If everything is connected, why cannot I access your mind?", then my point is that you do not receive your neighbour's brain signals because they are the interpreted result of signals from the environment. It doesn't matter if these signals truly travel faster than light through a universal structure - that has to do with the underlying nature of the signals. One has a scenario with signals distributed through the environment and the signals interpreted/working within each person's brain - they are connected, but not the same (which I think you pointed out with the connectedness versus awareness point).
Again you are invoking an EM-only understanding. An Electro-Magnetic wave is a retarded, transverse ripple, it is a slow wave, Wal is specifically NOT talking about this wave.

We do not have simple meters for longitudinal electric waves, since they violate c-limit physics and have either been destroyed or not developed.

You are correct in detecting Electro-Magnetic waves as result of brain activity, but your instruments are unable to detect longitudinal waves, so our understanding remains incomplete.
A device working from the energy of batteries has an individual electrical circuit. There is no additional circuit that everyone around will equally receive as well. However, the external effect will be a surrounding EM field (plus whetever interactive function the device has). The opening post suggests that everything around the device would receive the same signals/input, which they don't. Also, it is not coherent with energy conservation: at some point a signal (of energy) interfere with a medium and converts to a given effect. It won't preceed to the next object and do the exact same thing again (which is why we don't access minds).
Again, an EM interpretation. You are relying on an electrical conductor to conduct an electro-magnetic wave. This is a retarded/slow waveform, and is not the substance of Wal's talk.

I did not suggest that everything receives the same signal, but i would (not sure if this is Wal's conclusion ) make the assertion that the signal would be available to everything capable of receiving it.
Having said that, I agree that the work of Thornhill is fascinating, and I would like to hear the continued explanation on the longtitudal waves, which I think he has in part 2 (pay to hear, Red Ice Radio). However, it is the "access other minds" interpreted from this work I don't buy into.
Continued Explanation:
Eric Dollard 2009 - Longitudinal Waves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhuSn6sc7sc
Eric Dollard 1984 - Tesla Longitudinal Waves: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0757457294#

Also readings of: Tesla, Steinmetz, and others mentioned above.

Siggy i agree that with the phrase "you cannot access my mind", the distinction i was making was that a connection that is NOT EM shieldable exists, as demonstrated by Tesla's, Dollard's and many others experiments. This is a NON electro-magnetic wave, C-limit physics will not let you explore this.

Your assertions of "conservation of energy" are applicable and correct when interpreted with transverse c-limit physics. It has been clearly demonstrated by Tesla, Dollard, Meyl, + many others that this forms an incomplete understanding of nature.

Wal's comments regarding "only a few equations are left then we know the whole story, is nonsense" (or something like that)... highlights human ignorance, and to me the heavily guarded glass ceiling that is c-limit space time physics.

Cheers,

Jarvamundo

Unread post by Jarvamundo » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:01 pm

Dotini wrote: Elsewhere it has been mentioned that mankind may formerly have possessed a kind of global or group consciousness. Julian Jaynes has written about this. Now we are enmeshed in an advanced technological society where individualism is cultivated to almost a foolish degree. Even so, there have been recent cases of very sensitive individuals such as Edgar Casey who seemed to have the ability to psychically penetrate another individual at a distance for purposes of medical diagnoses. When Casey tried to turn his gifts in less than altruistic directions, such as discovering oil in Texas, his gifts utterly failed him. Consciousness is a vast territory with unknown boundaries.

In my opinion, the good folks working away at EU/PC have plenty on their plate attempting to understand and explain small items such as stars and galaxies without also taking on the conceit of explaining consciousness. Your question actually is a good one, so hold that thought. It may be that we can and will ultimately make some progress on it. But, as the saying goes, "little by little the bird builds his nest."

Respectfully submitted,
Dotini
Dotini, interesting! I increasingly postulate that if the dielectric potential of an environment is increased the connectedness or signal strength is amplified as more longitudinal dielectric lines of force are available to connected systems. We interpret this "condensing" of the dielectric as what is currently known as "capacitance" (read dollard). If in a time passed the electrical environment or what we currently call "charge between capacitor plates" of the ionosphere and earth surface, was greater, one could expect this "connectedness" to have higher availability as result of a "condensed" dielectric field.

This aligns very well with a Saturnian configuration, your mention of J. Jayes work, and real and patented experiments of spontaneous evolution in electric (dielectrically condensed) fields... and many other writings.

Siggy_G

Unread post by Siggy_G » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:41 am

Of course, when we are going to refute all basic understanding about how neural and computer signals work, then this thread is going to turn out quite hypothetical. A bit like discussing black holes or time travel. But that's interesting too.
Jarvamundo wrote:You are correct in detecting Electro-Magnetic waves as result of brain activity, but your instruments are unable to detect longitudinal waves, so our understanding remains incomplete.
The speed of nerve impulses is WAY slower than c (it's not a mere limitation of measuring instruments), and this has little to do with to the propagation of a light wave or lontitudal waves for that matter. There are biological reasons why we have something called "reaction time" and why this is slowed down by alchohol or drugs, or increased by training. The brain/body can also be trained to compensate for delays, such as a drummer perparing his arm for a drum-hit just before the actual beat occurs. If the brain and body communicated with instantanious longtitudal waves, then these things wouldn't be a reality, right? Are the slow neural signals just delayed biproducts living their own life after the true signals are sent?

Diagram of various nerve speeds:
http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2002/DavidParizh.shtml
The speed of a nerve impulse varies with the type of nerve impulse the nervous system is sending. Some signals such as those for muscle position, travel at speeds up to 119m/s. Nerve impulses such as pain signals travel slower at 0.61m/s.
I'm somewhat open to Thornhill's statement of the body being unified and that signals could travel faster, but I don't see how this can be explained in terms of how the neural system works, with its functions and tested signal speeds. Not to mention that the neural system would then appear to be a functionless disguise.
Jarvamundo wrote:I did not suggest that everything receives the same signal, but i would (not sure if this is Wal's conclusion ) make the assertion that the signal would be available to everything capable of receiving it.
For someone to access another mind, it would be a logical requirement to receive the same signals that works within another persons brain, externally as internally. Not to mention the fact that the signal sequence forming an image, word, thought or sound within one brain, as a result of its structure, would not automatically be identical within another brain, with its unique neural structure. One can't expect a Playstation3 to run a program from a nearby PC or Nintendo (i.e. different hardware), just by because "everything is connected". It is not to be taken literally. It is not irrelevant how signals are received, in which structures they are distributed within, which combination of receptors that responds to the signals etc. etc.

This is the reason why I'm refuting the initial question asked in this thread, and also why I'm pointing to that we can create individual circuits (islands) without breaking any universal principles. If you take the whole energy cycle into consideration (electromagnetic entropy returns energy to potentials, Tesla), as well as induced/interacting fields, things are still connected.

Of course I could be wrong. I'm just explaining why I find the subject questionable and not entirely logical. By the way, I'm checking out your link on Eric Dollard's conference video at the moment. Interesting watch indeed.

Jarvamundo

Unread post by Jarvamundo » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:28 pm

Siggy i agree with your analysis of :
Not to mention the fact that the signal sequence forming an image, word, thought or sound within one brain, as a result of its structure, would not automatically be identical within another brain, with its unique neural structure.
Awareness isolation:
This is what i was getting at with the ability to be "aware"... we might be moving into the realms of shaman, psychics etc... this would have to be a trained awareness..... ie learn to have a Nintendo emulator running on your xbox. I accept that an island of isolation could be formed here, but it would be an isolation of awareness or skill. An example of this might be, the Shamans ability to enter alpha brain state rhythms (as measured on eeg) beyond my capability.

Physical isolation:
With current mainstream c-limit EM sheildable physics i can agree with physical semi-islands of isolation could be setup, after studying longitudinal waves (albeit briefly), i'm not at all convinced of this isolation.

All very interesting and enjoyable... I don't think we are too far off each others pages, and i'm sure we will both be wrong many times....i look forward to it... it's the only way i've ever learned anything. :)

Re Longitudinal em being hypothetical: Dollard, Tesla, Steinmetz have given these discoveries solid empirical foundation... although yes we do not have the body of EM circuit theory to use in discussion.... our discussions might be suffering from a form of "awareness isolation" here. ;)

neilwilkes

Unread post by neilwilkes » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:46 am

Maddogkull1 wrote:I 99% agree with the plasma/EU theories about everything being connected, but I am wondering, if we are all connected, why I can’t access your mind. Of course you cannot answer this correctly because we do not know. But why do you think? We talk about this connected universe, but I do not understand that why do I only have one ego instead of every ego possible? Am I not connected to you all?
Maybe your mind is an ineffective transmitter with a range of under half a metre?
Or a receiver tuned to the wrong wavelength?
You will never get a man to understand something his salary depends on him not understanding.