H2O from H+, O2 and e-, and historic accounts of "global floods"

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light? If you have a personal favorite theory, that is in someway related to the Electric Universe, this is where it can be posted.
BipedalJoe

H2O from H+, O2 and e-, and historic accounts of "global floods"

Unread post by BipedalJoe » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:05 am

I realized an implication the other day of an idea I had a few months ago, that if there are protons in the atmosphere, providing positive charge to it, as Gerald Pollack suggested in The Fourth Phase of Water, then addition of electrons, e-, will produce water. This might be a way water is created in thunderstorms, and not the other way around, as in, electric discharge created in cloud. This production of water also means that if either H+ or e- or O2 increase, more water could be produced. A period of increased electrical discharge from sun in sun-Earth electrical system could actually cause it to "rain for 40 days" or whatever old texts usually describe. Thought it was interesting, so sharing it here. I don't think that all mythology has to be true or anything like that, but I'd never before actually seen a mechanism that would actually cause it to "rain for long period of time over entire planet", and here it is.

moses

Re: H2O from H+, O2 and e-, and historic accounts of "global floods"

Unread post by moses » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:49 am

Hi BipedalJoe,
The Earth in a very elliptical orbit would produce long periods of rain. There is probably lots of ways to produce long periods of rain.
Cheers,
Mo

Poppa Tom

Unread post by Poppa Tom » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:41 pm

Prior to the announcement that Earths water is very similar to Saturn's and that may be where the initial dump came from, I had hypothesized that we may have passed through a giant hydrogen cloud the entered the atmosphere. Now with your theory, this may actually be a possibility. No? :?:

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:34 pm

WATER FROM CATACLYSMS

The ionosphere extends from 30 to 600 miles above Earth's surface. Therefore, very few protons would be able to come down near Earth's surface to form water in rainstorms. There is abundant water on Earth's surface and water evaporates and rises into the atmosphere where rainstorms occur. So that's a much more plausible source of most present water on Earth. Charles Chandler explains the electrical nature of rainstorms and tornadoes at http://charles-chandler.org/Geophysics/ ... ?text=full

However, during major cataclysms, it's possible that the ionosphere could have formed and contributed Hydrogen to Oxygen in the lower atmosphere to form rain. If much water were produced this way, it would reduce the amount of Oxygen in the atmosphere. And it does seem that the atmosphere had much more Oxygen before and maybe during the Younger Dryas event. The Saturnists, like Cardona, had/have the theory that the former polar column stored a lot of water that it vacuumed up from Earth's surface previously and then partially dumped when the Saturn configuration broke up and removed the polar column about 4 to 5 thousand years ago. But maybe the ionospheric source of Hydrogen for rainwater during cataclysms is more likely.

BipedalJoe

Unread post by BipedalJoe » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:25 am

Gerald Pollack suggests the atmosphere is full of protons. This is what I thought would be the source for rain to begin with, so, not protons added from the outside in a dump, but electrons added in a dump. Pollack has proven protons are what move during osmosis (article). I could see a form of "osmotic" exchange of protons from the oceans into the atmosphere, that might also have an electron transfer component, which is what we see as lightning. Protons added from outside could make it rain more too though, but I was mostly thinking an electrical discharge from outside causing increased rain.

Gerald Pollack suggests that air is actually organized into "clathrades" with a 4:1 ratio nitrogen to oxygen (the concentration of nitrogen to oxygen in the atmosphere is 4:1). He suggests protons gluing oxygen and nitrogen together. Each lone pair of electrons acting as weak base, and being protonated, O2 in middle, 4 protons, and an N2 attached to each proton. In chapter 15 of his The Fourth Phase of Water.

johnm33

Unread post by johnm33 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:39 pm

BipedalJoe Hello Joe, I have a very different take to yours. The first part of the flood was a result of the Earths rotation slowing down, the oceans would have moved east and away from the equator, slowly at first but then building towards a large fraction of the tangential speed of rotation at their place of origin. Velikovsky has it happening over about a 36hr. period so at the equator 1,000mph/18= 55mph loss per hour, so about 1mph loss per minute almost unnoticable. But the conversion of that much movement would result in massive heat gain in the Earths crust, especially in heavy metals so wherever ore bodies were would rapidly get above 100c. If you take a look at what they found in the Kola hole, massive amounts of water at 180c and hydrogen "boiling" out of the mud, it suggests, to me, the plastic 'rock' very recently emerged from a supercritical water permeated layer beneath which was, I suggest, in the EZ state that Pollack describes. I suspect that the hydrogen freed in that state would permeate all the layers above it, there are hydrogen seeps elsewhere in Russia, and would 'harvest' the more reactive elements O,C,Si,Mg,Ca etc from their host minerals, and many of these reactions would be exothermic. Not just that though, if the hydrogen reacted with oxygen the 'mother' mineral would be permeated by again supercritical water dissolving any available solute and these liquids would expand towards and in many cases break the surface. So as a result of both kinetic conversion and exothermic reactions mineral rich fountains of steam would be bursting into the atmosphere. Some like silica would air-burst into sand/steam, some still reactive would form great steaming drifts of chalk/limestone/dolomite with peculiar flowing forms, i'm sure there'd be many others, china clay? but I'm no geologist.
In this way not only would the atmosphere be saturated but since much of the vapour would be steam then the magnitude of the atmosphere may have been doubled? trebled? How much expansion would such an event precipitate? Either way the tropics would be a steaming wasteland taking weeks to cool as rain recycled down on them, and the poles frozen wastes buried under ice and snow. Was there enough water 'liberated' to raise sea levels 100m? is an interesting question.