The Spiegelman Interpretation

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light? If you have a personal favorite theory, that is in someway related to the Electric Universe, this is where it can be posted.
LadyP

The Spiegelman Interpretation

Unread post by LadyP » Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:37 am

I stumbled upon a short novel, The Spiegelman Interpretation, on Amazon. It's science fiction and seems heavily influenced by Barry N Malzberg (unless of course, it's another of Malzberg's nom de plumes) but might interest follows of the Electric Universe as it covers very similar ground. I particularly like the Einstein criticisms!

allynh

Re: The Spiegelman Interpretation

Unread post by allynh » Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:06 pm

Notice how the story is told by someone clearly insane, thus it works.

Van Vogt, in his first story, The Black Destroyer, used characters that used logic and reason to understand and defeat the alien that was hunting them. If The Spiegelman Interpretation were written seriously, it would come under massive attack, seen as a threat to consensus science.

BTW, I will have to pull out my Malzberg books and see why this story reminds people of him.

Thanks...