Plasma and Abiogenesis

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.
jacmac

Re: plasma and Abiogenesis

Unread post by jacmac » Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:07 pm

Thanks for your comments Surik.
I personally left the idea of Intelligent design in about 1958.
Nothing since has changed my opinion.
I have more recently come to think that the cell structure of living organisms
has an historical foundation in the ability of plasma to "self organize" into double layers;
in this case very small spherical shapes.

jacmac

Unread post by jacmac » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:56 am

Here is a small update:
From biochemist Nick Lane;
Watch from about 7....to....10 minutes; or more if you like.
Paraphrasing: The thickness of a cell membrane is so small that it's charge is about the same as a lightning bolt.
This relates directly to the scale of my proposed lightning generated cell sized double layer proto cell membrane.
Nick lane talks about the need for a cell power source, and describes It's electric nature.
He comes closest to my idea that I have found so far.
If I find his e-mail address I will send him this hypothesis.
Jack

Cargo

Unread post by Cargo » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:30 am

Amazing talk. Thank you for sharing.
I can't help but think of the galaxies and constellations on this slide at 22:25 :)

The Electric Universe
interstellar filaments conducted electricity having currents as high as 10 thousand billion amperes
"You know not what. .. Perhaps you no longer trust your feelings,." Michael Clarage
"Charge separation prevents the collapse of stars." Wal Thornhill

jacmac

Unread post by jacmac » Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:54 pm

This thread is proposing that the beginning of living cells have originated
in a significant part by the ability of plasma to generate cell sized spherical double layers.
I am including the work of Michael Levin here as general supporting evidence that this is correct.
That the electric nature of biology is foundational to life.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLiHLDrOTW8
There is a lot of material in this presentation, and he talks fast.
But, there are other interviews on U-Tube also where his work might be more accessible.

He demonstrates that when "normal" path's of development of living creatures, or parts of living creatures, are interfered with by changing the electrical signatures in these parts, the living organisms find new ways to develop and reach their goals.
Of special interest to me is his discussion of the bioelectric nature of the early development of the forms of living creatures.
He shows the bioelectric presence of a tadpole eye before the eye itself grows, for example. And much more.
LMK what you think of this material.
Jack

jacmac

Re: Plasma and Abiogenesis

Unread post by jacmac » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:02 am

Here is an update with my comment on one of biochemist Nick lane's interview videos :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vqYJIyBis0&t=10s
At about 38:40 Nick says:
"Driving this reaction between CO2 and H at the origin of life requires an electrical charge on a membrane, and so electrically charged membranes go right back to the beginning, and it's the only way really of integrating the cell as an entity in relation to it's environment."
My comment:
Plasma, in the form of lightning, can provide the proto form of the required charged membranes as a result of electric discharge. Plasma is 99% of the universe, self organizes into double layers(charge separation) in the shapes of planes, cylinders, and spheres. And its characteristics are evident at all scales. Biology has grown out of and lives on the forms and electric forces found in plasma.

jackokie

Unread post by jackokie » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:58 pm

@jacmac This linked article is only indirectly related to abiogenesis, but it reinforces the fundamental importance of electricity in biology. In this case it involves the molecular bonds instrumental to the cell's structure and behavior, and opportunistic approaches to disrupt it.

https://scitechdaily.com/antibiotic-bre ... ved-toxin/
Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once.

jacmac

Unread post by jacmac » Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:19 pm

This site is a long discussion about micro sized metal spheres found in
the processes and activities involved in arc welding.
Although these folks are looking into this topic for reasons other than Abiogenesis
I present it here because there are several comments about the spheres
being made when there is arc welding, or sparks are present from grinding metal, or the burning of steel wool. Etc.
Of course I propose that the various forms of the plasma involved generate the sphere shape(double layers) and
then the spheres trap or contain the material that is present, such as with lightning and the "primordial soup".
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/making ... ning.9533/
Jack

jacmac

Unread post by jacmac » Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:14 am

As is my style, sometimes I figure out things myself only to discover later that
the idea is not new. Here is a Thunderbolts You-tube video from 6 years ago on the work
of plasma physicist Mircea Sanduloviciu.

Life-like Plasma and Ball Lightning? | Electricity of Life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFI4SYKfpTg
This is a short but very important video on the ignored part of the studies on Abiogenesis.
That is: Where did the first cell membranes come from ?
Jack