Hope and a prayer … and another gnome ...

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.
BeAChooser

Hope and a prayer … and another gnome ...

Unread post by BeAChooser » Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:03 pm

https://www.wired.com/story/antihelium- ... rk-matter/
Antihelium Offers Hope in the Search for Dark Matter

IN 2010, PHYSICISTS at the Large Hadron Collider began producing an exotic form of antimatter known as antihelium. Antimatter is that elusive substance that annihilates upon meeting regular matter, and antihelium is the antimatter twin of the classic helium atom, the stuff you find in party balloons. While no human has ever conclusively found a naturally occurring antihelium particle on Earth, it could be key to answering one of the biggest outstanding mysteries in physics: the nature of dark matter.

While this beast may be rare on Earth, physicists think it could be abundant in our galaxy, according to physicist Ivan Vorobyev, a researcher at CERN. That's because they think antihelium could form in the decay of dark matter, an invisible substance that seems to make up 85 percent of the universe’s matter. On Monday, Vorobyev’s team announced that they’d generated about 18,000 antihelium nuclei—and more notably, that they used their result to calculate the odds that Earth-based detectors could capture antihelium drifting in from space, where it might signify the presence of dark matter.
And as usual, they regurgitate the primary evidence for the existence of dark matter ... "Although physicists have inferred the presence of dark matter through its gravitational influence on the rotation of galaxies" ... apparently unaware that an alternative explanation was found back in the 1980s. Such is the state of educating astrophysicists these days.

One bit of honesty in the article ...
This new work illustrates how convoluted and uncertain the scientific process can be.
I'll say. But one thing is certain ...
physicists still have a lot of the rabbit hole left to explore
... and they'll need A LOT of money to do it. Count on it, suckers.

mcfc16

Re: Hope and a prayer … and another gnome ...

Unread post by mcfc16 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:40 pm

BeAChooser wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:03 pm https://www.wired.com/story/antihelium- ... rk-matter/
Antihelium Offers Hope in the Search for Dark Matter

IN 2010, PHYSICISTS at the Large Hadron Collider began producing an exotic form of antimatter known as antihelium. Antimatter is that elusive substance that annihilates upon meeting regular matter, and antihelium is the antimatter twin of the classic helium atom, the stuff you find in party balloons. While no human has ever conclusively found a naturally occurring antihelium particle on Earth, it could be key to answering one of the biggest outstanding mysteries in physics: the nature of dark matter.

While this beast may be rare on Earth, physicists think it could be abundant in our galaxy, according to physicist Ivan Vorobyev, a researcher at CERN. That's because they think antihelium could form in the decay of dark matter, an invisible substance that seems to make up 85 percent of the universe’s matter. On Monday, Vorobyev’s team announced that they’d generated about 18,000 antihelium nuclei—and more notably, that they used their result to calculate the odds that Earth-based detectors could capture antihelium drifting in from space, where it might signify the presence of dark matter.
And as usual, they regurgitate the primary evidence for the existence of dark matter ... "Although physicists have inferred the presence of dark matter through its gravitational influence on the rotation of galaxies" ... apparently unaware that an alternative explanation was found back in the 1980s. Such is the state of educating astrophysicists these days.

One bit of honesty in the article ...
This new work illustrates how convoluted and uncertain the scientific process can be.
I'll say. But one thing is certain ...
physicists still have a lot of the rabbit hole left to explore
... and they'll need A LOT of money to do it. Count on it, suckers.
Uh-huh. And how do you explain the evidence that strongly favours DM? Where is it written up? Instead of word salad, why don't you try some actual science? You seem angry. Why is that? Get off your high horse and post some science. Otherwise, as somebody else said, you are just boring. It's like being on a flat earth forum. Do. Some. Science.

BeAChooser

Unread post by BeAChooser » Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:06 am

mcfc16 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:40 pm And how do you explain the evidence that strongly favours DM? Where is it written up?
LOL! What's the problem, mcfc16? You never heard of Anthony Peratt and peer reviewed scientific papers he published 30 years ago? Are you ... well ... just clueless about that? Or are you just too lazy to use the forum browser and read the many posts I've made about that on this forum? Among other things. Don't try to preach to me about *science*. You don't have a clue what science is, bozo. Why you probably are an AGWalarmist too. And Covid-19 vaccine advocate. And a ITER fusion groupie. Right? :lol:

mcfc16

Unread post by mcfc16 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:19 pm

BeAChooser wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:06 am
mcfc16 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:40 pm And how do you explain the evidence that strongly favours DM? Where is it written up?
LOL! What's the problem, mcfc16? You never heard of Anthony Peratt and peer reviewed scientific papers he published 30 years ago? Are you ... well ... just clueless about that? Or are you just too lazy to use the forum browser and read the many posts I've made about that on this forum? Among other things. Don't try to preach to me about *science*. You don't have a clue what science is, bozo.
Yep, I have heard of Peratt's nonsense. It explains precisely nothing. How is he moving charge neutral stars around with EM forces? Seems like he gave up on his 'model' ~25 years ago. Others, in more appropriate and relevant journals, tried the same thing to explain the plasma velocities. All those models are long since dead because they do not explain the acceleration of stars around galaxies.
Why you probably are an AGWalarmist too. And Covid-19 vaccine advocate. And a ITER fusion groupie. Right?
Now I know that I am dealing with an anti-science crackpot. Hopefully, not everybody on this forum is quite so clueless.

Cargo

Unread post by Cargo » Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:56 am

Please pray very hard to your "appropriate and relevant journals" that you yourself are not actually the clueless anti-scienist around here. Because I think everybody else here can see your nonsense quite clearly.

Damn, that was easy.
interstellar filaments conducted electricity having currents as high as 10 thousand billion amperes
"You know not what. .. Perhaps you no longer trust your feelings,." Michael Clarage
"Charge separation prevents the collapse of stars." Wal Thornhill

BeAChooser

Unread post by BeAChooser » Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:41 am

mcfc16 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:19 pm Yep, I have heard of Peratt's nonsense.
Have you NOW? Why don't you explain precisely, quoting from his papers if you would, where it's nonsense. So far you've provided NO explanation whatsoever ... just a claim.
mcfc16 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:19 pmSeems like he gave up on his 'model' ~25 years ago.
Go ahead, prove that statement. I bet you can't do that either. You do realize, don't you, that Peratt signed a letter in 2004 (published in New Scientist) that criticized the "growing number of hypothetical entities in the big bang theory". The letter stated that plasma cosmology, the steady-state model and other alternative approaches could also explain the basic phenomena of the cosmos. Again, you're talking out of the side of your mouth, Ian.
mcfc16 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:19 pm Others, in more appropriate and relevant journals, tried the same thing
LIAR. As I showed here (https://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum3/ph ... t=15#p8505) they did no such thing. The approach to the issue by those "others" had nothing to do with Peratt's approach and physics. They assumed, for example, frozen in magnetic fields instead of electromagnetism and a dynamo amplifying those fields. Peratt assumed and modeled no such thing. He simulated the generation of the magnetic fields due to moving current in interacting plasma filaments, using well established physics and particle cell codes that were proven to correctly model such physics. In fact, his code calculations produced exactly the sort of behavior that had been observed in labs here on earth with interacting filaments ... which is a lot more than you can say for the *simulations* you claim support the Dark Matter model.
mcfc16 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:19 pm
BAC - Why you probably are an AGWalarmist too. And Covid-19 vaccine advocate. And a ITER fusion groupie. Right?
Now I know that I am dealing with an anti-science crackpot.
Ah, thought so. Proving you're the crackpot.

mcfc16

Unread post by mcfc16 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:43 pm

Have you NOW? Why don't you explain precisely, quoting from his papers if you would, where it's nonsense. So far you've provided NO explanation whatsoever ... just a claim.
Already done. See Ted Bunn's explanation why his claims are impossible. And also that provided by Ziggurat to you on ISF years ago. Which you never dealt with. Because it involves maths.
Go ahead, prove that statement. I bet you can't do that either. You do realize, don't you, that Peratt signed a letter in 2004 (published in New Scientist) that criticized the "growing number of hypothetical entities in the big bang theory". The letter stated that plasma cosmology, the steady-state model and other alternative approaches could also explain the basic phenomena of the cosmos. Again, you're talking out of the side of your mouth, Ian.
His last paper on the subject was in 1998. No updates. No new modelling using far more powerful computers and codes. Either from him or anyone else.
Peratt assumed and modeled no such thing. He simulated the generation of the magnetic fields due to moving current in interacting plasma filaments
Which he predicted would show themselves in synchrotron to COBE. They didn't. Nor to any other instrument that would easily detect these non-existent currents. Where are they?

Arcmode

Unread post by Arcmode » Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:16 pm

Mcfc16 – Hi. You said: 'Do. Some. Science.' Good idea! I've been trying to do that for a little while now as part of a research project for the third year of a geoscience course.

On the strength of the following observation of a pattern of global inverted symmetry on Mars, my university allowed me to investigate the evidence for electrical scarring in the planet's features.

https://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum3/ph ... ?f=4&t=861

When I showed my supervisor the global pattern he didn't call me crackpot or demand that I find the same ideas in mainstream establishment publications before he would consider it. Rather, he was intrigued and eager to learn more about the concepts. In the end, my supervisor and the other assessors agreed that my findings were compelling and I got a pretty good grade.

I also looked at wrinkle ridges and ejecta craters as potentially being electrically based phenomena. I have threads on those subjects at these links:

https://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum3/ph ... ?f=4&t=847

https://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum3/ph ... ?f=4&t=854

These are only short posts to introduce the ideas, I have a full report written up that I can show you if you want, with full references and an accompanying literature review.

I don't know a lot about space science, I'm mainly coming from the geology side, so I'm not sure what kind of conditions would need to prevail in space for a coherent global pattern to be formed across an entire planet, seemingly in a single event, but I don't know of any agent in standard geology that can do that with the way we understand planets to be working now through tectonics, erosion etc.

You seem to really understand astronomy, so I wanted to ask: does standard astronomy and it's understanding of a planet's electric field and connection to the space environment allow for something like the phenomena I've observed on Mars?

BeAChooser

Unread post by BeAChooser » Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:18 pm

mcfc16 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:43 pm And also that provided by Ziggurat to you on ISF years ago. Which you never dealt with.
Again. Provide a link, Ian, because I have no idea what your talking about and neither does anyone else here. And as I said on the other thread, why are you hiding your identity? If you've posted anywhere previously on the subject of astrophysics, provide us links and screen names ... otherwise we're all going wonder why you don't want us to see your past posts. It could only be something bad ... something you apparently need to hide. And until we know what that is, I suggest to everyone that engaging in further conversation with you might not be a good idea.

BeAChooser

Unread post by BeAChooser » Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:21 pm

Arcmode wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:16 pm You seem to really understand astronomy
I trust you're being sarcastic. ;)

If he really understands astronomy then he no doubt has other web alter egos that he can show us to prove it.

mcfc16

Unread post by mcfc16 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:25 am

BeAChooser wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:18 pm
mcfc16 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:43 pm And also that provided by Ziggurat to you on ISF years ago. Which you never dealt with.
Again. Provide a link
http://www.internationalskeptics.com/fo ... stcount=54

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/fo ... stcount=68

Cargo

Unread post by Cargo » Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:15 am

The JREF Strikes Back. Times must be desperate. We're doing well.
I would ask for a pray the the StickManStone.com Store be stocked better. https://www.stickmanonstone.com/shop/p/ ... f-the-atom
In fact I want to Mail AOL-Styhle the Thunderbolts Tutorial DVD to about 1 million people. That would be much more valued to mankind instead of gravity wavy higgsly project$.
interstellar filaments conducted electricity having currents as high as 10 thousand billion amperes
"You know not what. .. Perhaps you no longer trust your feelings,." Michael Clarage
"Charge separation prevents the collapse of stars." Wal Thornhill

BeAChooser

Unread post by BeAChooser » Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:52 am

Thanks. Now I recall that conversation.

As everyone can see, like I said, I’ve been using the same screen name ever since I started posting on the internet.

You mcfc16 … or should I say Ian w?

Now then, were you a part of that ISF thread, Ian w? Is that why you recall it? If not, it sure was easy for you to find that obscure conversation nearly 15 years ago. Too bad you haven’t had any success finding a single scientific article, peer reviewed or not, that challenges Peratt’s work. LOL! Instead you have to rely on some nobody on an Internet forum who admits that Peratt actually did get his work published. An additional irony is that elsewhere on this forum you’ve been insisting that only if something is in a peer reviewed scientific publication is it worth your consideration. Yet you accept Ziggurat’s back of the envelop calculation? Hypocrite.

And, by the way, read between the lines of that post and you’ll realize that Ziggurat was saying those codes LANL plasma physicists were using to model plasma phenomena in things like nuclear bombs didn’t work. He proved it with his back of the envelope calculation. LOL! But the best is still to come, folks. Click the thread link in the upper right corner of Ian w’s link and take a look at the rest of the long thread where Ziggurat made that post … just to get some context.

Notice first of all, that when Ziggurat complained that I only supplied him with two papers by Peratt, and only one was published, I responded (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/fo ... stcount=76 ) by listing another eight papers and documents by Peratt. I pointed out a whole bunch that contained a complete description of his algorithms and computation parameters (one likely being the magnetic fields he couldn’t find).

That post also listed another paper (not yet mention in my *debate* with Ian w) by Battener and Florido … http://arxiv.org/pdf/astro-ph/0503657 . This one from 2006, titled “Are rotation curves in NGC 6946 and the Milky Way magnetically supported?”. The abstract said this ... “Following the model of magnetically supported rotation of spiral galaxies, the inner disk rotation is dominated by gravity but magnetism is not negligible at radii where the rotation curve becomes flat, and indeed becomes dominant at very large radii. ... snip ... This magnetic alternative requires neither galactic dark matter (DM) nor modification of fundamental laws of physics ... snip ... Recent data about regular magnetic fields in spiral galaxies have been presented by Beck (2004b) in a recent review that clearly confirms what is to be expected in the magnetic scenario for rotation curves ... snip ... The magnetic alternative remains a serious, competitive theory. It requires neither the existence of DM nor the modification of classical laws (including General Relativity). It is based on MHD, a relatively recent chapter of Astrophysics, but one that has roots in classical electro-magnetism. ... snip ... the inclusion of magnetic effects, which is in any case necessary, could help to theoretically reproduce some unexplained, well known facts, for example, the rotation curve. Gravity alone does not explain the rotation curve very well, simply because magnetic fields cannot be ignored. ... snip ... The dynamic role of galactic magnetic fields is a matter that can no longer be ignored, neither at the small nor at the large scale."

Ouch! Guess Ian w was little too quick to dismiss their work as well. LOL!

I also had to point out to Ziggurat that he was totally misrepresenting my views: http://www.internationalskeptics.com/fo ... stcount=77 . Maybe that he had to lie about them suggests a certain weakness in his views? Yes, indeed, there were a lot of gems in that thread.

Just consider the fact that it was conversation about Dark matter and Dark energy that took place 15 years ago … and they STILL haven’t found an explanation for either gnome. Think about that. They’ve spent billions trying to look for explanations since then and come up empty. But in the meantime they’ve added at least a dozen more gnomes. They call that progress.

And also, here we are 15 years later and have any of our lives been changed in a positive way by their efforts? Not that I can see. The only ones to benefit from all that spending are the searchers … and boy have they benefited from sticking hands in OUR tax paying pockets. We’ve bought them houses, cars, vacations, retirement plans, children’s educations, medical care and God knows what else.

Furthermore, have any of us been hurt (other than financially) because they failed to figure out those gnomes over the past 15 years? Not I. My point is that all their *work* is nothing more than counting angels on the heads of pins. It has had, and will have, no impact on our lives, now or into the somewhat distant future. We'll likely all be dead before it does. So we don’t need to their work product with any urgency … but we do need the resources that are being wasted on it. Ask almost anyone … besides them.

And you’ll notice that even back in 2008, in a post to Olowkow (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/fo ... stcount=38 ), I noted that there were no peer reviewed papers (indeed there were no articles whatsoever) challenging the work of Peratt. And his response was just to dismiss Peratt out of hand. Things sure haven’t changed. Maybe Ian w was Olowkow? Or perhaps sol Invictus, whose response to my noting that fact was “I don't know any peer-reviewed papers in astrophysics challenging the conclusion that Leos with Virgo ascendant are perfectionists, either”, is Ian w?

Notice another post I made to Olowkow: http://www.internationalskeptics.com/fo ... stcount=41 . In it I cited a 1995 article by C. M. Snell and Anthony Peratt which I’ve not yet mentioned in my discussion with Ian w, titled “Rotation velocity and neutral hydrogen distribution dependency on magnetic field strength in spiral galaxies”. It was published in the SCIENTIFIC journal “Astrophysics and Space Science”. So much for Ian’s LIE that Peratt’s work only appeared in engineering journals. And quoting from the abstract of that paper … “The rotation velocity of a simulated plasma galaxy is compared to the rotation curves of Sc type spiral galaxies. Both show flat rotation curves with velocities of the order of several hundred kilometers per second, modified by E × B instabilities. Maps of the strength and distribution of galactic magnetic fields and neutral hydrogen regions, as-well-as as predictions by particle-in-cell simulations run in the late 1970s, are compared to Effelsberg observations. Agreement between simulation and observation is best when the simulation galaxy masses are identical to the observational masses of spiral galaxies. No dark matter is needed." Oh my ... I bet Ian w is now wishing he’d never reminded me of this Ziggurat thread.

Another irony of the thread is that poster sol Invictus announced that “DM detection experiments (at least the ones I know of) are extremely cheap.” I challenged his claim on that thread (for example, http://www.internationalskeptics.com/fo ... stcount=93) , listing a score of multi-million dollar projects. Peanuts, right? And where we are now, just 15 years later? They've spent BILLIONS of additional dollars on all manner of DM related experiments here on earth and in space. I sure hope those dollars came out of his pocket, not mine. But they didn't.

Notice another post I made, to arthwollipot, who defended spending on gnomes as long-sighted science. I pointed out to him that “Lee Smolin in his recent book ‘The Trouble With Physics’ made a good case, without realizing it, that string theorists have gone off the mathematical deep end, just like mainstream astrophysicists.” And guess what? Who hears anything about string theory these days? LOL!

And believe it or not folks, all that is in just the first 2 pages of a 19 page thread at ISF … and look at what’s happened to the point that Ian w was desperately trying to make here? Poof.

How about the third page. More of the same. Plenty of debate between me and Ziggurat, and others, that doesn’t turn out at all like Ian w has tried to portray. And plenty of other gems.

sol Invictus falsely accused me (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/fo ... tcount=110) of being a 9/11 Truther (which was ludicrous given my long posting history at JREF debunking 9/11 Truthers) and of using sock puppets (another outright lie). The coward made his accusations post to another poster … not to my face. One of his evidentiary links was nothing more than a slanderous attack on me by a mob of far leftists who really didn’t like me (as you can well imagine given my frowned upon political postings here) because I was a thorn in their side. This was on a left-leaning political forum (freedom4um) that for a time allowed me to post, strangely enough, You can see what I mean by being a thorm just by reading my responses to that mob (and particularly a weasel named Ferret Mike). You might say I destroyed him and all the others. Enjoy. In any case, I responded to sol Invictus’ lies on the ISF thread here: http://www.internationalskeptics.com/fo ... tcount=114 . Notice that he didn’t bring those lies up again on the thread or any other thread at ISF (formerly JREF). This example shows how dishonest he was and he was typical of the depths to which astrophysics gnome believers would stoop to defend their gnomes. Reminds me a bit of Ian w!

In any case, that's as far as I’ll delve into the ISF thread that Ian w kindly linked for us. However, the rest of you might find additional gems in pages 4 and on. More examples of me identifying lies, misinformation, and gnomes by the mainstream believers on that forum. More interesting linked articles. Plenty more posts demolishing Ian w’s stalking horse, Ziggurat. I made well over a hundred more posts. It was lots of fun and I was posting to end of the thread on all sorts of topics related to PC and EU. Of course that thread was before I was banned for being … well … right? LOL!

And one last comment. As you can see, I’m not perfect but I’ve no fear of anything I’ve posted on the internet. I’ll defend almost all of what I’ve written, except perhaps the dumb math mistakes or mis-quotes. But Ian w, on the other hand, seems to need to hide his past posting history. That might tell you something. :D

mcfc16

Unread post by mcfc16 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:29 pm

BeAChooser wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:52 am Too bad you haven’t had any success finding a single scientific article, peer reviewed or not, that challenges Peratt’s work. LOL! Instead you have to rely on some nobody on an Internet forum who admits that Peratt actually did get his work published. An additional irony is that elsewhere on this forum you’ve been insisting that only if something is in a peer reviewed scientific publication is it worth your consideration. Yet you accept Ziggurat’s back of the envelop calculation?
Peratt published it in his own journal, where he knew damned well nobody would see it. That is why nobody bothered with his nonsense. Care to show Peratt's calculations for how he was moving charge neutral stars around? Or those from anyone else suggesting EM forces can explain rotation curves? You can't. Those calculations do not exist. And if Ziggurat was so wrong, how come Prof. Ted Bunn came to the same conclusion back in the 90s? Here is your chance to show where thy are wrong. Show us the calculations use by Peratt or Lerner used to calculate the acceleration of stars around galaxies. Get on with it.
And, by the way, read between the lines of that post and you’ll realize that Ziggurat was saying those codes LANL plasma physicists were using to model plasma phenomena in things like nuclear bombs didn’t work. He proved it with his back of the envelope calculation. LOL! But the best is still to come, folks. Click the thread link in the upper right corner of Ian w’s link and take a look at the rest of the long thread where Ziggurat made that post … just to get some context.

Yep, where you accused him of getting the maths wrong, when it was you who screwed it up!
Notice first of all, that when Ziggurat complained that I only supplied him with two papers by Peratt, and only one was published, I responded (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/fo ... stcount=76 ) by listing another eight papers and documents by Peratt. I pointed out a whole bunch that contained a complete description of his algorithms and computation parameters (one likely being the magnetic fields he couldn’t find).
And none of Peratt's papers explain how he is getting charge neutral stars to move around with EM forces. If you believe otherwise, post his calculations. Hint: they don't exist. Because it is impossible.
That post also listed another paper (not yet mention in my *debate* with Ian w) by Battener and Florido … http://arxiv.org/pdf/astro-ph/0503657 . This one from 2006, titled “Are rotation curves in NGC 6946 and the Milky Way magnetically supported?”. The abstract said this ... “Following the model of magnetically supported rotation of spiral galaxies, the inner disk rotation is dominated by gravity but magnetism is not negligible at radii where the rotation curve becomes flat, and indeed becomes dominant at very large radii. ... snip ... This magnetic alternative requires neither galactic dark matter (DM) nor modification of fundamental laws of physics ... snip ... Recent data about regular magnetic fields in spiral galaxies have been presented by Beck (2004b) in a recent review that clearly confirms what is to be expected in the magnetic scenario for rotation curves ... snip ... The magnetic alternative remains a serious, competitive theory. It requires neither the existence of DM nor the modification of classical laws (including General Relativity). It is based on MHD, a relatively recent chapter of Astrophysics, but one that has roots in classical electro-magnetism. ... snip ... the inclusion of magnetic effects, which is in any case necessary, could help to theoretically reproduce some unexplained, well known facts, for example, the rotation curve. Gravity alone does not explain the rotation curve very well, simply because magnetic fields cannot be ignored. ... snip ... The dynamic role of galactic magnetic fields is a matter that can no longer be ignored, neither at the small nor at the large scale."

Do you struggle with comprehension?

'DARK MATTER, MAGNETIC FIELDS, AND THE ROTATION CURVE OF THE MILKY WAY'
B. Ruiz-Granados, E. Battaner, J. Calvo,
E. Florido
, and J. A. Rubino-Martın (2012)
https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1 ... /2/L23/pdf

"By assuming a bulge, an exponential disk for the stellar and gaseous distributions, and a dark halo and disk magnetic fields, we fit the rotation velocity of the Milky Way."

My bolding.

'MAGNETIC FIELDS AND THE OUTER ROTATION CURVE OF M31'
B. Ruiz-Granados, J. A. Rubino-Martın, E. Florido, and E. Battaner (2010)
https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1 ... /1/L44/pdf

"Here, we propose an explanation of this dynamical feature based on the influence of the magnetic field within the thin disk. We have considered standard mass models for the luminous mass distribution, a Navarro–Frenk–White model to describe the dark halo, and we have added up the contribution to the rotation curve of a magnetic field in the disk..."

My bolding.

'Cold Dark Matter halos based on collisionless Boltzmann-Poisson polytropes.
Juan Calvo, Estrella Florido, Oscar Sanchez, Eduardo Battaner, Juan Soler and Beatriz Ruiz-Granados (2010)
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Os ... aNycGzNDdE

"The aim of this work is to give some insight into the controversy between N-body simulations and observations of cold dark matter (CDM) halos by considering polytropic DM spheres associated to a collisionless gravitational Boltzmann-Poisson (BP) system. Our resulting polytrope model is used to make predictions on the behaviour of the CDM halos in those regions in which the numerical models cannot produce detailed results, i.e. near the center..."

My bolding.

Just consider the fact that it was conversation about Dark matter and Dark energy that took place 15 years ago … and they STILL haven’t found an explanation for either gnome. Think about that. They’ve spent billions trying to look for explanations since then and come up empty. But in the meantime they’ve added at least a dozen more gnomes. They call that progress.
And where have you dealt with the evidence for DM and DE in the peer-reviewed literature? Where has anyone? You have no alternatives. How do you explain the lensing observations of colliding galaxy clusters in your belief system? Weak lensing from galactic haloes? The integrated Sachs-Wolfe effect on the CMB photons, a prediction of DE models? The baryon acoustic oscillations, also strongly supporting DE? Supernovae 1a time dilation curves?
Word salad and polemic don't cut it. Shall I tell you how MOND deals with the first of those observations? They invoke 'some' DM! An hypothesis that was proposed to do away with DM and relativity now requires.....you guessed it..... DM and relativity! Which is why it is on its death bed. However, what they proposed was not scientifically impossible, and was published in the peer-reviewed literature in journals where it would be noticed.
And also, here we are 15 years later and have any of our lives been changed in a positive way by their efforts? Not that I can see. The only ones to benefit from all that spending are the searchers … and boy have they benefited from sticking hands in OUR tax paying pockets. We’ve bought them houses, cars, vacations, retirement plans, children’s educations, medical care and God knows what else.
Typical crackpot polemic. If you want to get rich doing science, you do it in the private sector. Funding simply means having enough money to pay people to do the research. And that pay is hardly going to get you a villa in the Bahamas!
Furthermore, have any of us been hurt (other than financially) because they failed to figure out those gnomes over the past 15 years?
You mean all the evidence they have found for their existence in that time? Not to mention detecting gravitational waves, imaging two event horizons, observing gravitational redshift of a star around Sgr A*, seeing predictions of binary neutron star orbital decay match relativistic predictions,.................. I could go on. What has your non-science brought us? What will it ever bring us? Not science, that's for sure.
And you’ll notice that even back in 2008, in a post to Olowkow (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/fo ... stcount=38 ), I noted that there were no peer reviewed papers (indeed there were no articles whatsoever) challenging the work of Peratt.
Because he deliberately published where he knew his nonsense wouldn't be seen. Just like with his plasma rock art woo. You may have missed the fact that the morphology of 'currents' that Peratt thought were passing through radio loud galaxies, are just AGN jets. They are going the wrong way! They are heading out on either side. His prediction of a 'spaghetti' of synchrotron from his impossibly large currents didn't show up. There is a reason he has done nothing with that 'model' in ~ 25 years. It failed.

Notice another post I made to Olowkow: http://www.internationalskeptics.com/fo ... stcount=41 . In it I cited a 1995 article by C. M. Snell and Anthony Peratt which I’ve not yet mentioned in my discussion with Ian w, titled “Rotation velocity and neutral hydrogen distribution dependency on magnetic field strength in spiral galaxies”. It was published in the SCIENTIFIC journal “Astrophysics and Space Science”. So much for Ian’s LIE that Peratt’s work only appeared in engineering journals. And quoting from the abstract of that paper … “The rotation velocity of a simulated plasma galaxy is compared to the rotation curves of Sc type spiral galaxies. Both show flat rotation curves with velocities of the order of several hundred kilometers per second, modified by E × B instabilities. Maps of the strength and distribution of galactic magnetic fields and neutral hydrogen regions, as-well-as as predictions by particle-in-cell simulations run in the late 1970s, are compared to Effelsberg observations. Agreement between simulation and observation is best when the simulation galaxy masses are identical to the observational masses of spiral galaxies. No dark matter is needed." Oh my ... I bet Ian w is now wishing he’d never reminded me of this Ziggurat thread.
And nowhere does he show how he is moving charge-neutral stars around with EM forces. Because it cannot be done. Only gas and plasma. And stars are on the same flat rotation curves. He never explained it. Because he can't. There are three citations to that paper. One is from a conference, and therefore not peer-reviewed, with one citation. One is from Peratt, with zero citations. The other is from IEEE, with zero citations. Seems like he wasn't impressing anyone with his 'paper'.
Another irony of the thread is that poster sol Invictus announced that “DM detection experiments (at least the ones I know of) are extremely cheap.” I challenged his claim on that thread (for example, http://www.internationalskeptics.com/fo ... stcount=93) , listing a score of multi-million dollar projects. Peanuts, right? And where we are now, just 15 years later? They've spent BILLIONS of additional dollars on all manner of DM related experiments here on earth and in space. I sure hope those dollars came out of his pocket, not mine. But they didn't.
And most of those projects will be dual purpose, at least.

Notice another post I made, to arthwollipot, who defended spending on gnomes as long-sighted science. I pointed out to him that “Lee Smolin in his recent book ‘The Trouble With Physics’ made a good case, without realizing it, that string theorists have gone off the mathematical deep end, just like mainstream astrophysicists.” And guess what? Who hears anything about string theory these days? LOL!
Smolin had an axe to grind. And plenty of physicists don't like string theory, as they see it have make no predictions that can be verified. That is old news.
Reminds me a bit of Ian w!
Not me. And nothing to do with me. Don't take out your long held grudges against others on me. You were mostly ridiculed because you didn't understand the science.
Of course that thread was before I was banned for being … well … right? LOL!
You were never right about anything! You cannot explain stellar accelerations around galaxies, and you supported the equally impossible electric sun and electric comet nonsense. All of which are trivially shown to be impossible.

And one last comment. As you can see, I’m not perfect but I’ve no fear of anything I’ve posted on the internet. I’ll defend almost all of what I’ve written, except perhaps the dumb math mistakes or mis-quotes. But Ian w, on the other hand, seems to need to hide his past posting history. That might tell you something.
[/quote]

You aren't perfect because you don't understand any relevant science. And I'll defend anything I post on here. Want to start with why the solar wind cannot be a current, as per Alfven? Or why the electric sun is impossible? Be my guest.

mcfc16

Unread post by mcfc16 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:30 pm

BeAChooser wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:52 am Too bad you haven’t had any success finding a single scientific article, peer reviewed or not, that challenges Peratt’s work. LOL! Instead you have to rely on some nobody on an Internet forum who admits that Peratt actually did get his work published. An additional irony is that elsewhere on this forum you’ve been insisting that only if something is in a peer reviewed scientific publication is it worth your consideration. Yet you accept Ziggurat’s back of the envelop calculation?
Peratt published it in his own journal, where he knew damned well nobody would see it. That is why nobody bothered with his nonsense. Care to show Peratt's calculations for how he was moving charge neutral stars around? Or those from anyone else suggesting EM forces can explain rotation curves? You can't. Those calculations do not exist. And if Ziggurat was so wrong, how come Prof. Ted Bunn came to the same conclusion back in the 90s? Here is your chance to show where thy are wrong. Show us the calculations use by Peratt or Lerner used to calculate the acceleration of stars around galaxies. Get on with it.

Yep, where you accused him of getting the maths wrong, when it was you who screwed it up!
And none of Peratt's papers explain how he is getting charge neutral stars to move around with EM forces. If you believe otherwise, post his calculations. Hint: they don't exist. Because it is impossible.

Do you struggle with comprehension?

'DARK MATTER, MAGNETIC FIELDS, AND THE ROTATION CURVE OF THE MILKY WAY'
B. Ruiz-Granados, E. Battaner, J. Calvo, E. Florido, and J. A. Rubino-Martın (2012)
https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1 ... /2/L23/pdf

"By assuming a bulge, an exponential disk for the stellar and gaseous distributions, and a dark halo and disk magnetic fields, we fit the rotation velocity of the Milky Way."

My bolding.

'MAGNETIC FIELDS AND THE OUTER ROTATION CURVE OF M31'
B. Ruiz-Granados, J. A. Rubino-Martın, E. Florido, and E. Battaner (2010)
https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1 ... /1/L44/pdf

"Here, we propose an explanation of this dynamical feature based on the influence of the magnetic field within the thin disk. We have considered standard mass models for the luminous mass distribution, a Navarro–Frenk–White model to describe the dark halo, and we have added up the contribution to the rotation curve of a magnetic field in the disk..."

My bolding.

'Cold Dark Matter halos based on collisionless Boltzmann-Poisson polytropes.
Juan Calvo, Estrella Florido, Oscar Sanchez, Eduardo Battaner, Juan Soler and Beatriz Ruiz-Granados (2010)
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Os ... aNycGzNDdE

"The aim of this work is to give some insight into the controversy between N-body simulations and observations of cold dark matter (CDM) halos by considering polytropic DM spheres associated to a collisionless gravitational Boltzmann-Poisson (BP) system. Our resulting polytrope model is used to make predictions on the behaviour of the CDM halos in those regions in which the numerical models cannot produce detailed results, i.e. near the center..."

My bolding.

And where have you dealt with the evidence for DM and DE in the peer-reviewed literature? Where has anyone? You have no alternatives. How do you explain the lensing observations of colliding galaxy clusters in your belief system? Weak lensing from galactic haloes? The integrated Sachs-Wolfe effect on the CMB photons, a prediction of DE models? The baryon acoustic oscillations, also strongly supporting DE? Supernovae 1a time dilation curves?
Word salad and polemic don't cut it. Shall I tell you how MOND deals with the first of those observations? They invoke 'some' DM! An hypothesis that was proposed to do away with DM and relativity now requires.....you guessed it..... DM and relativity! Which is why it is on its death bed. However, what they proposed was not scientifically impossible, and was published in the peer-reviewed literature in journals where it would be noticed.
Typical crackpot polemic. If you want to get rich doing science, you do it in the private sector. Funding simply means having enough money to pay people to do the research. And that pay is hardly going to get you a villa in the Bahamas!
Furthermore, have any of us been hurt (other than financially) because they failed to figure out those gnomes over the past 15 years?
You mean all the evidence they have found for their existence in that time? Not to mention detecting gravitational waves, imaging two event horizons, observing gravitational redshift of a star around Sgr A*, seeing predictions of binary neutron star orbital decay match relativistic predictions,.................. I could go on. What has your non-science brought us? What will it ever bring us? Not science, that's for sure.
And you’ll notice that even back in 2008, in a post to Olowkow (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/fo ... stcount=38 ), I noted that there were no peer reviewed papers (indeed there were no articles whatsoever) challenging the work of Peratt.
Because he deliberately published where he knew his nonsense wouldn't be seen. Just like with his plasma rock art woo. You may have missed the fact that the morphology of 'currents' that Peratt thought were passing through radio loud galaxies, are just AGN jets. They are going the wrong way! They are heading out on either side. His prediction of a 'spaghetti' of synchrotron from his impossibly large currents didn't show up. There is a reason he has done nothing with that 'model' in ~ 25 years. It failed.

And nowhere does he show how he is moving charge-neutral stars around with EM forces. Because it cannot be done. Only gas and plasma. And stars are on the same flat rotation curves. He never explained it. Because he can't. There are three citations to that paper. One is from a conference, and therefore not peer-reviewed, with one citation. One is from Peratt, with zero citations. The other is from IEEE, with zero citations. Seems like he wasn't impressing anyone with his 'paper'.
And most of those projects will be dual purpose, at least.

Smolin had an axe to grind. And plenty of physicists don't like string theory, as they see it to make no predictions that can be verified. That is old news.
Reminds me a bit of Ian w!
Not me. And nothing to do with me. Don't take out your long held grudges against others on me. You were mostly ridiculed because you didn't understand the science.
Of course that thread was before I was banned for being … well … right? LOL!
You were never right about anything! You cannot explain stellar accelerations around galaxies, and you supported the equally impossible electric sun and electric comet nonsense. All of which are trivially shown to be impossible.
And one last comment. As you can see, I’m not perfect but I’ve no fear of anything I’ve posted on the internet. I’ll defend almost all of what I’ve written, except perhaps the dumb math mistakes or mis-quotes. But Ian w, on the other hand, seems to need to hide his past posting history. That might tell you something.
You aren't perfect because you don't understand the relevant science. And I'll defend anything I post on here. Want to start with why the solar wind cannot be a current, as per Alfven? Or why the electric sun is impossible? Be my guest.