Comet Atlas & Birkeland Currents

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.
AnthonyPatch

Comet Atlas & Birkeland Currents

Unread post by AnthonyPatch » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:44 pm

With the 72 million mile passing of comet Atlas in late April, and May of this year, can we expect detection of Birkeland currents between it and Earth, perhaps the Moon? Thanks.

JP Michael

Re: Comet Atlas & Birkeland Currents

Unread post by JP Michael » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:06 pm

G'day Anthony! Nice to see you here.

As I remarked in my private correspondence, I personally wouldn't expect more than the usual glow-mode plasma tail and coma from Atlas.

If some kind of syzygy occurs between Earth, Moon, Atlas and the Sun, we might see another Tunguska-style event. I am otherwise not really expecting Earth's polar Birkeland currents to change from dark to glow mode.

A greater question that is floating around at the moment is whether Atlas is just debris of some greater body yet to enter (or having already entered) the solar system on some 4,400 year cycle. But if that were the case, are the world's astronomers, amateur and professional alike, all working in concerted unison to obfuscate an impeding Velikovskian planetary collision between Earth and some unknown interloping body? I doubt it.

We will know by July, however! Pity we southerners cant view this comet at all!

Cheers,
JP

AnthonyPatch

Unread post by AnthonyPatch » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:25 pm

Thank you Josh for the welcoming.
Your explanation makes a great deal of sense.
AJP

JP Michael

Unread post by JP Michael » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:45 pm

One thing I just considered, though, is that Comet Atlas has an immense coma that Earth will pass through as the comet approaches. Perhaps we will see some stranger-than-usual weather and stronger polar auroras on Earth as we pass through the comet's engorged coma.

Anyone else have any predictions for this comet?